E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 4.94 average.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #35221
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post
Hmm, FK has a lot of different coils out for our car. What is the best thing to look for. I don't fully understand spring rates. I want to go low, but keep a comfy ride, and you know the condition of our roads. Obviously I'm not going to go slammed (can't around here) but as far as spring rates go do I want softer, or harder? Harder would be a more bumpy ride, right? Or do I have that backwards? Is 385 lbs/inch a better ride than 435 lbs/inch? Or is it the other way around? Which set of FK's would you recommend Snik? There are 5 different sets available for my car here:
http://www.esetuning.com/category-s/6117.htm
I'd recommend the silverline at a minimum.
Springs control the compression of the suspension. Dampers control the rate at which that spring compresses and springs back (rebound)
Obviously spring rate has the most control as all the force has to overcome the springs force.
So it's a lot of factors at play. Not just spring rate.
I really don't know spring rates off the top of my head. I normally go with recommended rates. Custom spring rates is more for racers and sh1t.
If you want slammed get boardwalk, or fortune coils. They're made especially short just for that. So they still have good damping even with the super short suspension travel.
But honeslty, some regular coils will do just fine. Unless u want to be tucking 17s then regular coils should be ok.

Last edited by Snik; 03-04-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #35222
latino1ny

My Ride: BSM 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw242 View Post
Ive got a muffler delete on my car. Straight pipes from rear axle back. I kept the stock tips and them welded on. OEM headers and both cats. I'm pleased with the way it sounds. As far as droning, if you listen to music then it really isn't as big of an issue as people make it out to be.

The shop I had it done at only charged $80 and since its a 325 and wont go fast anyways, I wasnt going to drop money on a full catback or even performance muffler.
Which shop did you get it done at if you don't mind me asking? That seems to be a great price for the muffler delete. Also, I'd love to hear it in person sometime if you wouldn't mind either since it would probably sound about the same as mind would (323) so I'd get a feel for what it would sound like before pulling the trigger, (even though it's not that expensive)
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

latino1ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #35223
robb1887

My Ride: 00 Mshoe
Quote:
Where would be the best place to get a set of BCs? Their website doesn't seem to "sell" their products. Maybe I'm not navigating it correctly. I'm trying to keep things on a budget for now.
I ordered my bc's through the vender on stance works. Had a group buy going for 1000 shipped with extenders. If you want extenders I never installed them. Can sell em to you cheap
robb1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #35224
Nico16

My Ride: 2000 323i
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1362572315.343741.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	494055
Anyone selling this part?
Nico16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #35225
latino1ny

Anyone roll fenders in the area? I heard there was a guy from Vadriven that did them. Does he still do them?

Also, does anyone do coding? (i.e. enable or disable DRLs, roll windows up on lock, etc)

And finally, is there any Indy BMW shop on the peninsula that anyone knows of?

Robb, I'll check that out, Do you remember which vendor?
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #35226
JBMW3

My Ride: bmw
Hey does anyone knows a place where I can get a starter put back on for cheap! Im getting some crazy prices that i think are a tad bit high. does anyone have any advice or can help?
JBMW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #35227
latino1ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMW3 View Post
Hey does anyone knows a place where I can get a starter put back on for cheap! Im getting some crazy prices that i think are a tad bit high. does anyone have any advice or can help?
DIY?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=732743

Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #35228
JBMW3

My Ride: bmw
Thanks for the help! I would try it but I dont have the tools for it. You now of any locals that might be able to do it?
JBMW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #35229
zx5rider

My Ride: 03 M3 , 03 TT 330,
Send a message via AIM to zx5rider
What happened to yours? I've done it many times and can help you put it on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

'03 330 Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo. (Parting out)
'03 M3
'11 BMW s1000rr
zx5rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #35230
zx5rider

I can do coding and racewerks is a great shop.
Quote:
Anyone roll fenders in the area? I heard there was a guy from Vadriven that did them. Does he still do them?

Also, does anyone do coding? (i.e. enable or disable DRLs, roll windows up on lock, etc)

And finally, is there any Indy BMW shop on the peninsula that anyone knows of?

Robb, I'll check that out, Do you remember which vendor?

'03 M3
'11 BMW s1000rr
Old 03-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #35231
latino1ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx5rider View Post
I can do coding and racewerks is a great shop.

You can do coding? I'm looking specifically for: windows up with the key, or windows up with the lock, I have the factory windows down, but I've heard that the dealer won't code the windows up for "safety reason" (kids stick their hand in the windows) and also corner light delete. Basically when the headlight are on the amber corners are off, and only come on with you turn on the blinker. I had a few others in mind that I was thinking about but I don't remember them. Is there a list of all the possible coding that can be done to our cars?

As far as Racewerks, that's in Va Beach, I'm in Newport News. I was looking for something on the peninsula so I wouldn't have to travel 40+ miles just to get there, but I guess I'll have to make the hike if need be. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #35232
zx5rider

Quote:
You can do coding? I'm looking specifically for: windows up with the key, or windows up with the lock, I have the factory windows down, but I've heard that the dealer won't code the windows up for "safety reason" (kids stick their hand in the windows) and also corner light delete. Basically when the headlight are on the amber corners are off, and only come on with you turn on the blinker. I had a few others in mind that I was thinking about but I don't remember them. Is there a list of all the possible coding that can be done to our cars?

As far as Racewerks, that's in Va Beach, I'm in Newport News. I was looking for something on the peninsula so I wouldn't have to travel 40+ miles just to get there, but I guess I'll have to make the hike if need be. Thanks for the info.
Oh okay well I can do all of that for you if you want. ..5402872800

'03 M3
'11 BMW s1000rr
Old 03-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #35233
Snik
OEM ///Member

What do u use to code the cars bro?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #35234
zx5rider

Pa soft

'03 M3
'11 BMW s1000rr
Old 03-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #35235
latino1ny

In the middle of replacing my expansion tank, I cracked the brittle transmission thermostat. Fvck... All the DIYs I read didn't mention the tranny thermostat when removing the ET. I have a new one on order, but has anyone replaced their ET via DIY? I can't seem to get the ET back onto the bracket. All the DIYs say to push real hard. I pushed and pushed and almost stood on top of the thing and it wouldn't even budge. Anyone have any advice or little tricks to get the tank back onto the bracket? I'm tempted to just remove the bracket from the car and see if I can get the tank mounted that way, then just install the whole unit back on the car.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #35236
Snik
OEM ///Member

Project M3 anyone.
Brad, Rob?
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=437279
Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #35237
robb1887

My Ride: 00 Mshoe
12k for a "project"... srsly? for a grand or two more I can get a shoe... c'mon now.

Sorry Brad, but someone put a deposit down on that diffuser this weekend.

BBS will ship out this weekend if dudeman makes his last payment this Friday.

Now just to get these last parts out.... still have an ACS roof spoiler and some random parts.
robb1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #35238
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snik View Post
there is a running PY 01 m3 on craigslist or vadriven for 9500...
Old 03-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #35239
latino1ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx5rider View Post
Oh okay well I can do all of that for you if you want. ..5402872800

Thanks, I'll give you a call or text when I get my expansion tank and tranny thermostat done.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #35240
GotVANOS?

My Ride: 2003 325xi Touring
Looking for an M54B30 locally. Blown or working. Give me a heads up if you guys know of someone who has one. (Dont say "try Al Rudds auto parts" he wants too damn much...) thanks

Shes not your average grocery getter. This 2.5L of fury doesnt mess around.

E21<E30>E36>E46>E90>F30

Quote:
5TFUUU, If one more person tells me to sell my car and buy an ///M Im going to light their family on fire and make them watch.
*****BUY MY 330XI AUTO TRANS AND PARTS. CHEAP!!!******
GotVANOS? is offline   Reply With Quote