E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
cpaddoncpaddon

My Ride: BMW 330ci
Experience with Umnitza.. Brutal

Hey guys,

Just want to share with you my experience so far with Umnitza. It hasn't been the most pleasent. Normally I never share feedback on businesses because I run 2 businesses of my own and I know how tough it can be sometimes to stay on top of things. Mistakes happen and I understand, but this has not been sub par it's been frustrating for me.

On Jan. 27th 2013 I put in an order for a few things for my new E46 M3 that I just bought in December (love it). I'd heard lots of great things about Umnitza and all the reviews say their angel eyes are the best (They are) which was what I was mainly interested in. Anyway, I put in my order near the end of January. While checking out, the website quoted me 5-7 business days which is quite reasonable. I patiently waited 3 weeks and still nothing had come. At this point I contacted Umnitza and they admitted that my items had never been sent, and they'd missed my order.

This was quite frustrating and I asked them if they could do something to help give me confidence in their company i.e. maybe provide me with a small credit to their store or something ($20 would go a long way). They said no and they instead blamed long waiting times on customs at the boarder after already saying that my order was missed. Ok, whatever - as long as I get my stuff in a week I'm happy.

a little less than 2 weeks later I received a package in the mail. Ok great it's finally here. Nope, only 1/3 of the products I ordered came in the package. Now I was quite upset. It'd now been just over a month and they had to resend my package and forgot 2/3's of what I'd ordered. I sent them a message saying that they forgot 2/3 items in the new package sent to me. They responded telling me that all the items had been shipped separately Completely unsure as to why a business would ship 3 very small items in separate packages, I presumed this was an excuse. We're talking angel eyes, front black grilles and side black grilles. All of which could fit into one medium-small box.

Anyways, they told me to be patient and that all was well. Another 3 weeks passes by and I'm not convinced. I sent them an email Wednesday and have received nothing back. If I were them I'd be giving me a full refund and sending the items for free at this point. We are going onto week 7, and closing in on 2 months waiting time for a quoted "5-7 business days"

They even told me in a following email that 3 weeks is the expected waiting time to ship to Canada where I live. Well then post that in the order area instead of giving people the false impression of 5-7 quoted shipping time!

The only thing I did receive was my angel eyes and the quality is EXCELLENT. So I am not bias, just stating fact. But overall, not acceptable.

Not very impressed. Please share experiences you've had with Umnitza.

Thanks
cpaddoncpaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Hockeyguy02

My Ride: E46 m3
I too had the same problem. Not nearly as bad as you though. I order Orion v2 angel eyes and eagle eye tails. 5-7 days shipping they said. I got my eagle eye tails about a month in. Emailed them asking if they forgot my order and they also explained that they don't ship items together. Another 2 weeks went by and I finally got my package. The quality is great I'm very happy with them. But the shipping blows.

CarbonBlackCinnamon
30% Tint/Black Grilles And Gills/CF Wrapped Trim/MeganRacingExhaust/DepoSmokedCorners
Hockeyguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
i swear these guys dont even have inventory. They prob drop ship or bid on eBay then ship them out to you guys afterwards. Buy from EAS or Khoality if you want quality service
Old 03-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
It took them 3 months to send me an mtech II rear bumper and kept giving me BS every time I called.

Also took a month to get my mtech II front. It fit perfect so I wasn't that mad.

Last edited by Redline; 03-10-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: .
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
:. RaFFi .:

My Ride: MBZ SL55 ///AMG
I've had similar problems with their shipping.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
DarkJoker

My Ride: 01 330ci
same here
i had issues as well
Old 03-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Welcome to the club. Ive been mentioning for years how he (Matt) STOLE $170 of my money.

Take it as an expensive lesson and go through one of many other trusted vendors. Don't trust anything said by Umnitza, they are professional liars and in my view a scam company at this point.

I have been a E46 member since 2004, so for 9 straight yesrs ive been reading reviews just like or worse than this one about not receiving an item, broken AE's etc. The volume of bad reviews on them have to number in the several hundreds if not thousands. These guys flake and fault more than they follow through, which is starkly evident by their (very long) track record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
peytonracer4

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWonder View Post
i swear these guys dont even have inventory. They prob drop ship or bid on eBay then ship them out to you guys afterwards. Buy from EAS or Khoality if you want quality service
:rofl: no. Don't order from khoalty if you want good service. 9 times out of 10 you will not even receive a response if you have a problem.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
cpaddoncpaddon

Wow, I've never seen a single thread with info similar to this. Thanks for the replies guys. That's dissapointing, the quality is really excellent. I'm extremely happy with the angel eyes, and the DIY was pretty easy, 2 hours in total to get the remote feature and everything going.

But service-wise, not impressive. It's too bad, they'd make a great company if they swallowed the extra few bucks for shipping?
Old 03-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #10
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaddoncpaddon View Post
Hey guys,

Just want to share with you my experience so far with Umnitza. It hasn't been the most pleasent. Normally I never share feedback on businesses because I run 2 businesses of my own and I know how tough it can be sometimes to stay on top of things. Mistakes happen and I understand, but this has not been sub par it's been frustrating for me.

On Jan. 27th 2013 I put in an order for a few things for my new E46 M3 that I just bought in December (love it). I'd heard lots of great things about Umnitza and all the reviews say their angel eyes are the best (They are) which was what I was mainly interested in. Anyway, I put in my order near the end of January. While checking out, the website quoted me 5-7 business days which is quite reasonable. I patiently waited 3 weeks and still nothing had come. At this point I contacted Umnitza and they admitted that my items had never been sent, and they'd missed my order.

This was quite frustrating and I asked them if they could do something to help give me confidence in their company i.e. maybe provide me with a small credit to their store or something ($20 would go a long way). They said no and they instead blamed long waiting times on customs at the boarder after already saying that my order was missed. Ok, whatever - as long as I get my stuff in a week I'm happy.

a little less than 2 weeks later I received a package in the mail. Ok great it's finally here. Nope, only 1/3 of the products I ordered came in the package. Now I was quite upset. It'd now been just over a month and they had to resend my package and forgot 2/3's of what I'd ordered. I sent them a message saying that they forgot 2/3 items in the new package sent to me. They responded telling me that all the items had been shipped separately Completely unsure as to why a business would ship 3 very small items in separate packages, I presumed this was an excuse. We're talking angel eyes, front black grilles and side black grilles. All of which could fit into one medium-small box.

Anyways, they told me to be patient and that all was well. Another 3 weeks passes by and I'm not convinced. I sent them an email Wednesday and have received nothing back. If I were them I'd be giving me a full refund and sending the items for free at this point. We are going onto week 7, and closing in on 2 months waiting time for a quoted "5-7 business days"

They even told me in a following email that 3 weeks is the expected waiting time to ship to Canada where I live. Well then post that in the order area instead of giving people the false impression of 5-7 quoted shipping time!

The only thing I did receive was my angel eyes and the quality is EXCELLENT. So I am not bias, just stating fact. But overall, not acceptable.

Not very impressed. Please share experiences you've had with Umnitza.

Thanks
Connor,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please check your email for a possible resolution. Thank you for your continued patience while we resolve the matter for you.

Sincerely,
Matt.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
cpaddoncpaddon

I'll wait for the email. But it doesn't change what everybody in this forum has already mentioned, seemingly a consensus that a lot of people are unhappy. No effort was made to make up for the situation. If it was one thing that happened, only a week or two extra - no problem. I do business myself and totally understand; When multiple things happen with a customer, and they are waiting 10x longer than expected pushing 2 months - I fully expect some sort of reconciliation, if you want any hopes of keeping myself as a customer.

I mean in no way to be disrespectful, and I will vouch for the products. The V2 Orion Opaques are awesome, but because of this I will likely never order anything from umnitza again.

Basic customer relations course might go along way

Connor
Old 03-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #12
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Welcome to the club. Ive been mentioning for years how he (Matt) STOLE $170 of my money.

Take it as an expensive lesson and go through one of many other trusted vendors. Don't trust anything said by Umnitza, they are professional liars and in my view a scam company at this point.
Having done some limited research on your posts with our name in it on this forum, it's clear you have felt all along that we wronged you in some way, though you never had any receipt, proof, or even a shipping receipt to back up your claims.

You lament this fact, however should you have ANY actual proof that what you said was true, we would honor any claims you have. Without that, you are just making false statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJoker View Post
same here
i had issues as well
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...a#post14428383

I found only one claim of bad shipping. Since we are moving away from Greyhound in the next few months and using Pilot Freight, those shipping issues with Bumpers will slowly fade away. We work to ensure every bumper is packaged properly and handed to Greyhound as quickly as possible, however, from there, many issues can arise from rogue GPX agents not calling people, to incoherent routes taken by buses to the final destinations, etc.

We've shipped over 5000 bumpers with GPX over 2 years, so a fair amount of issues will naturally crop up due to human error, sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by :. RaFFi .: View Post
I've had similar problems with their shipping.
Please email us so we can better understand your issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWonder View Post
Actually, we house 99% of the inventory you need for E46s. We don't have as much inventory on headlights for a GMC Denali in house, but we do a lot of parts and anyone that has visited our shop over the last year will attest to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy02 View Post
I too had the same problem. Not nearly as bad as you though. I order Orion v2 angel eyes and eagle eye tails. 5-7 days shipping they said. I got my eagle eye tails about a month in. Emailed them asking if they forgot my order and they also explained that they don't ship items together. Another 2 weeks went by and I finally got my package. The quality is great I'm very happy with them. But the shipping blows.
Sorry to hear of the delay, it's possible that we simply ran out of stock this one time and had to wait for a new shipment. If you email us your information, I'll be happy to provide you a free shipping discount code on your next order.