E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
truekreation

My Ride: E36, E46, R53
5-Spd TiAg Touring Progression

I've always had a love for estates ever since I was a young chap living in Germany. I searched for about two years to find the right touring and I finally found one just over a year ago. I happened to come across a manual 2002 325XiT in Detroit. After exchanging a few emails I found myself making the four hour trek up to Michigan that weekend. The car was well maintained and came with a lot of history and three sets of wheels: 16" style 45's, 17" winter Borbet Type CA's, and 18" summer VMR CSL's. The touring is pretty much used as a DD and winter mobile while these two are tucked away for the winter. My wife drives a 1993 E36 325is (not shown) when the MINI is put away.

2006 JCW MINI, 2004 Dinan 3

Fuel stop just after picking her up.

These are some of the things I still plan to do.

Exterior:
  • Respray OEM M-Tech I bumper Done
  • Respray hood Done
  • Refinish CSL reps (Hyper Silver or Gunmetal)
  • Repair dings/dents
  • Update to OEM M-Tech II sideskirts/rear bumper
  • Update worn badges (hood/wheels) Have Parts
  • OEM BMW Performance high gloss black grills Done
Interior:
  • OEM Black leather sport steering wheel Done
  • OEM Black/Saddle Brown leather manual sport or M3 seats
  • OEM Black leather armrest retrofit
  • OEM black all-weather cargo tray Done
  • OEM ZHP weighted shift knob Done
  • OEM Aluminum ///M dead pedal Done
  • OEM BMW Performance pedals
  • Dynavin D99+ Navigation
  • Bavarian Soundworks Stage 1 Audio
  • Weathertech Digitalfit Floor mats Done
Lighting:
  • Clear corners/sidemarkers Done
  • OEM Euro clear taillights/third brake light Done
  • Umntiza Orion V4 LED AE's
  • Bi-Xenon FX-R retrofit
Performance:
  • H&R springs and Koni shocks/struts Done
  • Rogue Engineering Rear shock mounts Done
  • OEM reinforcement strut plates Done
  • OEM BMW Performance air intake Done
  • OEM BMW Performance strut brace Have Parts
  • Rogue Engineering Ikon exhaust Have Parts

Closeup of the car before I changed anything.

First things to go were the amber corners and sidemarkers. Soon followed by matte black grills.

I've always planned to swap out the boring front bumper to something a little more exciting. I was elated when I came across a free OEM M-Tech 1 bumper in Indianapolis.

After the trip to Indiana, I noticed the suspension was a bit wonky... lo and behold the culprit. Somehow the CAB had worked it's way out.

After this finding, I decided to refresh a lot of the worn suspension components with the help of some friends.

Rotors/pads and swaybar end-links installed.

All parts replaced:
  • OEM Control arms
  • OEM Sway bar end-links
  • OEM Strut reinforcement plates
  • OEM Rotors front/rear
  • PBR/Axxis Deluxe brake pads front/rear
  • Rogue Engineering rear shock mounts
  • Flushed brake fluid
After these repairs, the touring was pretty much done mechanically. Not to long after winter arrived and the summer CSLs were replaced with the winter Borbet's.

Then I found this bubble in the tire.

Shortly after I bought a new set of winter wheels/tires from a friend.

The weather warmed up and I had a chance to get the aluminum ///M dead pedal retrofitted into the touring.

Before:

After:

Last edited by truekreation; 03-11-2013 at 11:48 AM.
truekreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.