E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Specials and Sales

Site Sponsor Specials and Sales
Find out about the latest specials and sales from our site sponsors here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E36 Coupe 325is
Solo Werks Coilovers - E46 $549 Shipped* from AMI

AMI is excited to introduce the Solo Werks S1 Coilovers to the E46fanatics.com forum!

As a charter dealer for Solo Werks, we have had great success and feedback on the VW and Audi platforms for the last year and a half.

The Solo Werks kits are a great upgrade for many of you looking for a factory sport kit feel, with height adjustability to dial in just the right stance.

Solo Werks S1 Coilover System - E46 3 Series

Features:
Heavy Gold Zinc Plated Housings for superb corrosion resistance
New Progressive Elastomer bump stops
Silver spring perches - double lock ring design
Platform Specific Spring Rates and Matched Valving
Front 30-70mm(1.2-2.8") Lowering Range
Rear 30-50mm (1.2-2.0") Lowering Range
3 year Limited Warranty

Each Kit Contains:

2x Front threaded coilover dampers (w/ Dual locking ring spring perches)
2x Front Spring + 2x helper spring
2x Elastomer Bump Stops
2x Shortened Sway Bar End links
2x Rear dampers
2x Rear adjustable spring perches
2x Rear spring
2x Spanner wrenches

Application / Fitments:
BMW 98-05 E46 Sedan, Coupe, Convertible, Wagon All engines.

Notes:
Does Not Fit M Models ( M specific application coming soon! ) -
* A 5mm (min) front wheel spacer may be necessary depending on wheel size and offset
*All lowering ranges are approx. and will varying depending on mileage, condition, vehicle options.

To get your own set of Solo Werks Coilovers for $549 Shipped*:

1. Click Here to Go directly to the Solo Werks E46 Application on our website and Buy Online!

2. PM or Email us your email address and we can send you an E-invoice that you can pay via PayPal, Visa, MC, Amex or Discover

3. Give us a call directly at 1-888-362-3117 x 101 M-F 9-5 PST and we can process your order over the phone ( Visa, MC, Amex or Discover)

We look forward to hearing from you!

Matt @ AMI :beer:

*Shipped price is within the lower 48 states only. Contact us via PM, Email or Phone with your ship to Zip/Postal code and we can get you the best price delivered to you. - WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!
Sales@AMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Thanks everybody for all the interest. All PM's have been answered. Have a great week!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Nothing for XI's?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

limpiabota809, no unfortunately not at this time. Solo originated in the VW community and has only recently stepped into the BMW world so they are still growing. According to Solo while confirming that there is no xi application i was told that while that application is in their plans they are currently working on the M platforms (E36,46,90's) then moving to the F30. So if it does happen it sounds like it may be down the road a bit. Sorry this doesn't help much but at least we know where they stand. Please let me know if there's anything else i can do to help out.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
limpiabota809

The FK street line coils on your site claim to fit all minus m3 is this correct?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
Jesse M

My Ride: 05' ZHP
Do you have a personal preference between the S1 and the FK, which are priced around the same?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
limpiabota809

No, just looking for a setup that works for the AWD model
Old 03-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

limpiabota809, Yes that is correct but it should also reflect that it does not fit the XI as well. I'll pass this along and have that fixed, i apologize for the confusion.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
limpiabota809

Np
Old 03-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Jesse M, I'm personally running the S1's now and i'm quite pleased even after removing ST's from the car.

In my opinion i would be looking at the S1's over the FK's. Here are a few reasons why.
  • Very comparable in ride/build quality
  • North American tech/warranty support
  • 3 year warranty vs. 1 year FK warranty
  • Better corrosion resistance coatings on the housings

Again, just my op. I've sold quite a few of both brands but the simple fact of the decreased warranty period from FK has made me push the new guys over them. Let me know if you'd like to chat more about them or if there's anything else i can do.

Matt@AMI
Old 03-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
///BeckeR

My Ride: 03 TiAg 330i ZHP
How does the ride compare to KONI Yellows? I'm currently running these with Eibach Sportlines. I love the ride, it's pretty aggressive but I'm looking for something that's affordable and height adjustable, but compares in sportiness to what I currently have.

Any input?

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
///BeckeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Hey adb1028. thanks for your question. This has always been a very debatable conversation in general. Although a very popular setup in the community, it has always been my opinion that "most" coilovers will outperform a spring/shock setup. Using your setup for example, Eibach isn't calling Koni to get dyno curves so they can match their heights and rates of their springs to it and and in return Koni is not doing the same with Eibach. My point is your using two separate components that were not "directly" designed for each other to form a complete unit. In comparison, most reputable coilover companies are designing a complete unit where the rate and design of the spring compliment the curve of the damper. Not to mention the fact that when running a lowering spring on a factory style damper drastically decreases the amount of overall travel due to the shortened loaded spring height which in turn reduces the life expectancy of the damper itself.

Anyhow, sorry got off on a little tangent there... lol. All of that said to say that the Solo-Werks kit (as would most coilovers)will in fact feel less aggressive than your current setup but in the real world would out perform it. According to Solo-Werks, they design their systems to basically be the equivalent of a factory sport suspension meaning you get a very streetable compliant ride quality while still giving you the sporty feel when you want to get a little spirited.

Well, i hope this helps. Sorry if you felt i was knocking your setup as that wasn't my intention, it's not that is doesn't work as it does and it's very popular but it just doesn't for me. Like i mentioned earlier in another post, i'm enjoying my set on my own car. The ride is quite comfortable and its been very capable when i pushed it.

Thanks for asking for my opinion, appreciate it. Just let me know if there's anything else i can do.

Matt@AMI
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Thanks everyone, all PM's have been sent!

Matt@AMI
Old 03-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #14
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Thanks for all the calls and inquiry's. Pm's have all been answered, feel free to let me know if there's anything else i can do for all of you.

Matt@AMI
Old 04-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #15
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

All PM's sent, Thanks!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #16
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Happy Monday everyone! yea i know... that even hurt to type sorry

Thanks for keeping me busy over the weekend, all questions and quotes have been answered. Keep them coming.

Have a great week!

Matt@AMI
Old 04-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #17
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Happy Friday!! We made it through another week!

For all you SoCal guys, if your in the Chatsworth area tomorrow from 9am to 2pm come by California Car Cover and hang out at their 2nd annual Euopean car Show. Its free to all, cars, food, raffle etc. good times! (link posted below)

We'll be there all day hanging out with the guys from Solo-Werks so stop by the booth and say hi!

Have a safe and great weekend, go enjoy your cars!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #18
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Morning everybody!

I've just got word that Solo-Werks is looking to make it a little easier on everyone to get ready for the show season so now all Solo-Werks BMW kits through June 15th are now on SALE!!!

E46 kits shipped within the US are all now $499!!!

Solo Werks S1 Coilover System - E46 3 Series

Features:
Heavy Gold Zinc Plated Housings for superb corrosion resistance
New Progressive Elastomer bump stops
Silver spring perches - double lock ring design
Platform Specific Spring Rates and Matched Valving
Front 30-70mm(1.2-2.8") Lowering Range
Rear 30-50mm (1.2-2.0") Lowering Range
3 year Limited Warranty

Each Kit Contains:

2x Front threaded coilover dampers (w/ Dual locking ring spring perches)
2x Front Spring + 2x helper spring
2x Elastomer Bump Stops
2x Shortened Sway Bar End links
2x Rear dampers
2x Rear adjustable spring perches
2x Rear spring
2x Spanner wrenches

Application / Fitments:
BMW 98-05 E46 Sedan, Coupe, Convertible, Wagon All engines.

Notes:
Does Not Fit M Models ( M specific application coming soon! ) -
* A 5mm (min) front wheel spacer may be necessary depending on wheel size and offset
*All lowering ranges are approx. and will varying depending on mileage, condition, vehicle options.

To get your own set of Solo Werks Coilovers for $499 Shipped*:

1. Click Here to Go directly to the Solo Werks E46 Application on our website and Buy Online!

2. PM or Email us your email address and we can send you an E-invoice that you can pay via PayPal, Visa, MC, Amex or Discover

3. Give us a call directly at 1-888-362-3117 x 101 M-F 9-5 PST and we can process your order over the phone ( Visa, MC, Amex or Discover)

We look forward to hearing from you!

Matt @ AMI :beer:

*Shipped price is within the lower 48 states only. Contact us via PM, Email or Phone with your ship to Zip/Postal code and we can get you the best price delivered to you. - WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Grabbed this off of the Solo Facebook page. Never hurts to have some real world feedback.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157800
Old 06-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #20
Sales@AMI
Past Site Sponsor

Good morning all,
Thanks for all the interest, all PM's have been answered and orders shipped. Don't waste time, the $499 sale price won't last much longer. That deal also includes a small token of a FREE Solo-Werks t-shirt as well!