E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #21
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
they weren't destroying anything, they were attacking police officers.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #22
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
they weren't destroying anything, they were attacking police officers.
Because the police shot a guy pointing a gun at them?

Keep reaching. Continued threats this morning that they will "burn flatbush to the ground."

Last edited by Carskibum; 03-14-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #23
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Since when is it illegal to possess a handgun in Nyc, keep it loaded, and point it at cops? Effing racist pigs!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #24
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
As is always the case, we don't know what happened, so we fall back on our default settings about race, police, drug users, age, etc.

It may be that this kid pulled the gun intending to shoot the cops.

It may be that this kid pulled the gun intending to turn it over to the cops.

It may be that the cops overreacted on sight of the gun and shot him when they shouldnt have.

It may be that the cops shot him for no reason and just got lucky after the fact that he had a gun, or they planted on one him to cover their asses.
Xcelratr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
I find the selective hatred of cops in OT to be amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #26
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Or this whole story is bullshit and the riots have been started by government seeds.

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #27
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
I think it is all propoganda from North Korea, probably isn't even happeneing.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #28
Vin Vega

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
I think it is all propoganda from North Korea, probably isn't even happeneing.
Kim jung un loves black people from america though.
Vin Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #29
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Cops should never be allowed to fire first. Ever. If they are scared they should run away.

A citizen's life should always be more important than a cop's life. There should be a minimum number of cops killed each year by bad guys in this country with our gun laws. If you don't like it, are too scared, or don't think you can not fire first, don't become a cop.

Americans are brainwashed into thinking heavy handed police tactics are necessary and actually work in the long run. It's comical to me the whole judicial system goes out the window whenever a cop gets scared. Which one is it....right to bear arms or right to shoot someone in public if you get scared.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
Cops should never be allowed to fire first. Ever. If they are scared they should run away.

A citizen's life should always be more important than a cop's life. There should be a minimum number of cops killed each year by bad guys in this country with our gun laws. If you don't like it, are too scared, or don't think you can not fire first, don't become a cop.

Americans are brainwashed into thinking heavy handed police tactics are necessary and actually work in the long run. It's comical to me the whole judicial system goes out the window whenever a cop gets scared. Which one is it....right to bear arms or right to shoot someone in public if you get scared.
Please tell me this is a joke, I live in Boston much like you and I have several friends that are cops and work in Dorchester, Mattapan, and Roxbury. In some cases they have had to use their firearms and I will bet the people on the other end of the shooting were not upstanding citizens.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #31
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
I find the selective hatred of cops in OT to be amusing.

i find you to be amusing
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #32
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i find you to be amusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #33
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:

This is wicked retarded.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #34
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
People who annoy you

Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #35
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:

You're an idiot. Seriously. I'm being absolutely 100% sincere about this. You are an idiot.

This is one of those things where if I heard you say it in real life I'd instinctively slap you open palm. I wouldn't hit you closed fist, though. It's not cool to hit the mentally handicapped with a closed fist.

Last edited by choxor; 03-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #36
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:

Mods, please give me a free pass here...

This guy is a fuucking idiot.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #37
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:

Fock, I hope this is sarcastic. If not, wow.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #38
Wes

Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #39
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Please tell me this is a joke, I live in Boston much like you and I have several friends that are cops and work in Dorchester, Mattapan, and Roxbury. In some cases they have had to use their firearms and I will bet the people on the other end of the shooting were not upstanding citizens.
Doesn't matter if he thinks they are upstanding citizens or not. They are citizens and you shouldn't get to shoot them. Why is a cop's personal safety put above a citizen's right?

I'm a cop and I'm scared so I get to shoot you....where did this idea come from? It's ridiculous. I don't care about your friends safety- they signed up to do a dangerous job and get paid very well for doing almost nothing. Accountants get paperclips. Cops get shot by bad guys. It's life. Wear a vest if you're scared and if you have children that depend on you to come home at night, get a new job rather than shoot every black citizen that poses a threat.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #40
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Doesn't matter if he thinks they are upstanding citizens or not. They are citizens and you shouldn't get to shoot them. Why is a cop's personal safety put above a citizen's right?

I'm a cop and I'm scared so I get to shoot you....where did this idea come from? It's ridiculous. I don't care about your friends safety- they signed up to do a dangerous job and get paid very well for doing almost nothing. Accountants get paperclips. Cops get shot by bad guys. It's life. Wear a vest if you're scared and if you have children that depend on you to come home at night, get a new job rather than shoot every black citizen that poses a threat.
Seriously, I'm doubting that your IQ is high enough to operate fingers. How are you posting this? Text-to-speech? Your nurse?