E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #21
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
anyone try this

In the past I just used to smuggle small plastic smirnoff bottles on the ship wrapped in tshirts in my suitcase. I figured this is safer.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #22
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
anyone try this

In the past I just used to smuggle small plastic smirnoff bottles on the ship wrapped in tshirts in my suitcase. I figured this is safer.
I have. I got married on a cruise last year (actually married on land in St. Thomas) and got in 7 Sprite 20oz bottles of vodka this way. It worked well, but they never even checked my bag. Kinda disappointed after all the work I put into it.

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow

Last edited by mattcarle21; 03-14-2013 at 12:17 PM.
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #23
ngillan

My Ride: Is in a salvage yard
Supposedly if you shake up a bottle of vodka it will bubble. If you shake a bottle of water it will not bubble....this is how they tell the difference (if they do check).

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'95 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
'99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
'98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci
ngillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #24
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngillan View Post
Supposedly if you shake up a bottle of vodka it will bubble. If you shake a bottle of water it will not bubble....this is how they tell the difference (if they do check).
Which is why I used Sprite

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #25
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Same as the last one. Power outtages and human waste over flows....

Carnival Dream.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/14/travel...ble/index.html
I was on that boat only two years ago. I thought I heard a lifter ticking....
Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #26
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayraree View Post
I was looking at cruise ships recently. Disney Fantasy ranks the highest, and there are a few other companies that rank up there. Celebrity Cruises' Eclipse; Royal Carribean's Allure of the Seas, and the rest of the top are from these 3 companies.

Carnival isn't even on the list. I went on a Carnival cruise once, low budget Orbitz deal. Food, rooms, and entertainment sucked; will not go on there again; can't remember the ship; was back in March 2010.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...tegory=Overall
Hey hey hey.....the burrito bar was the sh!t. Imagine an all you can eat Chipotle!!! Glad the bathrooms weren't out of order though....
Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #27
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
A lot depends on how and when you take one.

If you live in Florida, then you are not paying air fare and can get great deals.

For under $100 per day (including food and room), you can travel from island to island, country to country, have a safe place to eat and sleep and see stuff you would not normally want to make a trip to see.

I went on a 10 day and we went to 7 different places. 3 hours after we returned to port, I was in my house.

A lot depends on costs and air fare. If I lived in North Dakota, then it might be just as easy and inexpensive to fly to an island resort. But then again, a cruise lets me find out what I would like to visit more in the future.

For example, for me, Antigua is 100x nicer than Jamica. I would have hated to have flown to Jamica and stayed a week to figure that out.

If you book the right cruise on the right ship, the quality is as good as any 4 star hotel/restaurant.

JMO
Werd.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #28
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Thanks for the informative post... I'm weird about being around a bunch of people, when on the ship does it feel like you're packed in like sardines?
not at all. It feels like a hotel. You can't tell the difference in the cabin by your rooms and when you're out on the deck by the pool and bars it feels like any other vacation resort. I thought I'd like all inclusive more but I went to the dominican republic a few years back and it made me miss cruises.

Last edited by DylloS; 03-14-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
NFRs2000nyc

Agreed. The ships are so large, that you never feel crowded. Only on the first day MAYBE (when everyone is at the same location) but after that, it feels like a town.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #30
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayraree View Post
I was looking at cruise ships recently. Disney Fantasy ranks the highest, and there are a few other companies that rank up there. Celebrity Cruises' Eclipse; Royal Carribean's Allure of the Seas, and the rest of the top are from these 3 companies.

Carnival isn't even on the list. I went on a Carnival cruise once, low budget Orbitz deal. Food, rooms, and entertainment sucked; will not go on there again; can't remember the ship; was back in March 2010.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...tegory=Overall
How do u guys stand to go on these boats?

Just seems super lame

Who wants to be stuck on a boat?

I guess I'm more the backpacker who enjoys more freedom to travel.

Anyways problems aside these trips seem horrible.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #31
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Quote:
not at all. It feels like a hotel. You can't tell the difference in the cabin by your rooms and when you're out on the deck by the pool and bars it feels like any other vacation resort. I thought I'd like all inclusive more but I went to the dominican republic a few years back and it made me miss cruises.
What if u meet other travelers along the way? U can't exactly change your itinerary . Your suck on a boat lol

Seems too structured - its a safety thing isn't it?

Quote:
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Old 03-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
How do u guys stand to go on these boats?

Just seems super lame

Who wants to be stuck on a boat?

I guess I'm more the backpacker who enjoys more freedom to travel.

Anyways problems aside these trips seem horrible.
I know you made fun of them in the past but they are really not much different than all inclusive resorts.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #33
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Thanks for the informative post... I'm weird about being around a bunch of people, when on the ship does it feel like you're packed in like sardines?
completely depends on the ship.

You want a ship over 100k tons in size that is less than 10 years old.

But no, on the right ship, it is fine.

Keep in mind too that you are off the ship for entire days at a time in ports.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #34
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
anyone try this

water bottles are fine for vodka, clear rum, etc

coke or diet coke or ice tea for jim beam, etc

i had 1.75L bottles in my suitcase and they made it to my room.

you dont have to go overboard with scope bottles and food coloring, etc.

each cruise line is different. RC and princess have never been an issue for me. YMMV.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 03-14-2013 at 02:02 PM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #35
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
water bottles are fine for vodka, clear rum, etc

coke or diet coke or ice tea for jim beam, etc

i had 1.75L bottles in my suitcase and they made it to my room.

you dont have to go overboard with scope bottles and food coloring, etc.

each cruise line is different. RC and princess have never been an issue for me. YMMV.
thanks man.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #36
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
so apparently the ship is in st. maartin? uh i wish i was part of that trip.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #37
Born Again

Quote:
I know you made fun of them in the past but they are really not much different than all inclusive resorts.
i think it goes with my personality. not ADD or anything but i do enjoy new settings. to be stuck in a resort for a week or so doesn't sound the most appealing to me because ive never done it yet.

going to mexico for the 1st time in two months and we will be at some all inclusives but hoping around - cancun, cozumel, etc.

i dont know how to relax

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #38
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
i've always said it, fack cruises, never

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #39
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
i think it goes with my personality. not ADD or anything but i do enjoy new settings. to be stuck in a resort for a week or so doesn't sound the most appealing to me because ive never done it yet.

going to mexico for the 1st time in two months and we will be at some all inclusives but hoping around - cancun, cozumel, etc.

i dont know how to relax
You don't ever feel "stuck" on the boat. The only real time I've spent on the boat on my 5 and 7 day cruises were dinner, night entertainment, sleeping, and one or two days at sea.
85% of your awake time is spent in port having a blast doing unlimited things. It's the cheapest way to visit that many different places.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #40
DylloS

Quote:

i dont know how to relax
yea I dont really like to relax on vacations other than sitting on the beach or by the pool for a few hours. I always like to do things on vacations that's why the all inclusive didn't really excite me too much, plus my gf at the time was revealing her true bitchy colors lol