09-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
My Ride: E46 M3
APEX | Vorshlag Camber/Caster Plates for your e46 M3! *Free shipping within U.S. 48!*
Vorshlag Camber Plates
These Vorshlag camber-caster plates are designed to fit the E46 M3. This camber plate can be used with either OEM Style springs or Coilover springs and virtually any strut type.
Featuring CNC construction for the bearing holder and main plate, including engraved: hash marks for adjustment, side and front markings, and the snazzy Vorshlag "VM" logo. Easily adjust camber trackside with Vorshlag camber/caster plates. Oversized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Vorshlag produces numerous variations of this plate to fit the exact strut being used in your application. The Vorshlag upper spring perches allow us to add a sealed radial bearing that isolates the spherical bearing in the camber plate from radial turning loads of the strut shaft during steering inputs. This is part of why our plates last the lifetime of the car!
Vorshlag Camber/Caster Plates for E46 M3 - $439
Vorshlag Camber/Caster Plates for E46 M3- $439
In order to properly use Vorshlag camber plates, you must choose spring perches that match your strut brand and spring type. Vorshlag camber/caster plates are designed to be compatible with 2.5", 2.25" and 60mm "coilover" style springs, OEM style springs, and all strut types.
- Compatible with 2.5", 2.25" and 60 mm coilover springs and all struts
- No need to change camber plates when switching from regular springs to coilovers - some companies sell you two totally different camber plates for coilover springs and factory style springs.
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Plates are designed specifically for BMW E46 M3.
- Caster & Camber are independently adjustable.
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track from the engine compartment with simple (metric) hand tools. No need to reach inside the wheel well with a wrench to tighten.
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any BMW camber plate on the market. The result is much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
- Designed for maximum suspension travel (bump travel). More than an inch more strut travel than some of our competitors' designs.
- 100% CNC machined, alloy steel construction - Tough as a German Tank!
- All components plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Engraved with Vorshlag logo, alignment hash marks, applicable model, and side/front orientation.
- Vorshlag Upper spring perches required
Before you order:
Ordering and Contact
Please pick the spring perch diameter that works with the springs you have. Coilover springs typically come in one of three diameters: 2.25", 60mm and 2.5". Ground Control coilovers are supplied with 2.5" dia and TCKline supplied coilovers are 60mm dia springs. KWs coilovers tend to be 60mm but some of these and some Bilstein PSS series coilovers use the OEM upper perch. Note: Most (but not all) Bilstein PSS9/10 "coilover" struts are sold with a unique spring that has 60mm ID at the bottom but uses the factory upper spring perch. This spring is easily identified - turn the steering wheel to full lock then peek inside the front wheel opening - if the spring is small at the bottom and tapers to a larger size at the top it needs the OEM upper spring perch. These struts can easily be converted to a true 60mm ID coilover spring which improves camber adjustment due to the much smaller size of the spring, as well as gives you hundreds of spring rate and length options.
The standard radial bearing is our Double Row Heavy Duty sealed bearing. This is much stronger than the stock radial bearing and what 95% of customers pick for their camber plates, and should last the life of the car. It is extremely over-spec'd and we've never had one returned for repair. There is also an optional Race-duty "short" single row sealed axial bearing that can be used in any Vorshlag upper spring perch (except for Bilstein/Inverted coilover style). The Race bearings replace the double row bearing and are 5mm shorter - effectively reducing stack-up height and adding 5mm more suspension travel (at the same ride height setting). See the pictures below for a graphic illustration of the height difference. It is recommended for race duty only but the OEM perch also had a single row ball bearing in this location. Vorshlag tested this single-row bearing set-up for 2 seasons of race use on an E36 with 285 R compounds and 18x10" wheels. Lots of abuse, good results, more suspension travel. This is just not a bulletproof street duty bearing like the double row.
Please pick your strut brand and sizes at the time of order. This helps us build the spring perches to fit your struts with a tight tolerance and no slop - for quiet, reliable use. If you do not know what struts you have please have a reputable BMW shop inspect them, as most mechanics can spot the differences with a quick look. There are also new struts and updates to existing models that come out from time to time. Note: Koni makes struts for some BMWs with both tapered and square shaft shoulder transitions, so if you have Koni struts please inspect your struts before ordering (or let us know when and where they were purchased, which helps Vorshlag determine what style to build for).
- Phone: Call (888) 499-9135 EXT. #1 for phone orders.
- Payment: Credit and Debit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, PayPal. Bank Wire Transfers are also available. Contact us to use a wire transfer for payment on your order.
- Tax: California customers will be charged 8.75% CA sales tax.
- Shipping: Free shipping only to domestic orders within the lower 48 states via UPS. We do ship internationally!
- APEX Hours:
Monday thru Friday: 9AM to 6PM PST
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Warehouse and local pickup: The APEX warehouse is at 7888 Marathon Drive, Unit A, Livermore, CA, 94550 (Map It), (888) 499-9135 EXT. #2. This is where you pick up local orders.
- Service and Installation: Apex Performance Services - Dublin: 6443 Golden Gate Drive, Dublin, CA 94568 (Map It), (888) 499-9135 EXT. #3
Last edited by David@ApexRaceParts; 10-08-2012 at 08:38 PM.
|Ads by Google
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.