E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

View Poll Results: Do you support an "assault weapon" ban?
Yes. Explain 4 5.13%
No. Explain 74 94.87%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #81
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
JonJon is very correct here.

Especially the bold. If something directly affects you, it is your responsibility to know precisely what they are talking about and wanting to define. Definitions in laws are key. Anyone can spin a definition to mean something very broad, and politicians are extremely good at doing so to get what they want.
On the gun control topic, pretty much no one in the main stream media knows what they are talking about, and because of the that the general public just regurgitate what they hear on the news.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #82
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Got quiet in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #83
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
This should of stated In regular ot so we could of gotten non gun guys to post up
Old 03-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #84
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
This should of stated In regular ot so we could of gotten non gun guys to post up
Should actually be in political, IMO.
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #85
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
most of the 2a/gun ban **** should be, but they throw it in gun talk because they are as ignorant as our politicians. it isnt about guns its about freedom and politics.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 03-16-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #86
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
most of the 2a/gun ban **** should be, but they throw it in gun talk because they are as ignorant as our politicians. it isnt about guns its about freedom and politics.
It's typically sent here so we can have meaningful and productive discussions fueled by members that are very educated on the subject matter and actually know what they are talking about.

I agree it's political.
Let's see....... Moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #87
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
I have no problem with deeper background checks and more difficult testing for CWL, etc.

I have a big problem with stopping a law abiding citizen from buying a gun just because guns are scary.

Criminals are going to obtain guns and use them illegally. What idiot thinks that it is ok to prevent a citizen from defending himself from those who pay no attention to the law?

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #88
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
I have no problem with deeper background checks and more difficult testing for CWL, etc.

I have a big problem with stopping a law abiding citizen from buying a gun just because guns are scary.

Criminals are going to obtain guns and use them illegally. What idiot thinks that it is ok to prevent a citizen from defending himself from those who pay no attention to the law?
I have a problem with the fact that we need to spend money to exercise a right. I get fleeced $15 everytime I buy a gun. Either make the system scannable like a credit card which cross-references with the police database, or make NICS checks on the taxpayers dime. I shouldnt have to spend $15 today when I buy a glock, and another $15 6 hours later when I buy a Mossberg.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 03-16-2013 at 02:04 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #89
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I have a problem with the fact that we need to spend money to exercise a right. I get fleeced $15 everytime I buy a gun. Either make the system scannable like a credit card which cross-references with the police database, or make NICS checks on the taxpayers dime. I shouldnt have to spend $15 today when I buy a glock, and another $15 6 hours later when I buy a Mossberg.
Maybe you should buy them at the same time.

Also you are not paying money to exercise a right.

And I find it ironic you want the taxpayer to pay for YOUR background check.

Last edited by badfast; 03-16-2013 at 03:35 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #90
Sentaruu

people riding the train into nyc didnt want to pay any more $ for their train passes/tickets so they taxed people as far north as dutchess county to make up the difference of the fair hike. taxpayers pay for stupid **** all of the time. the government wants to implement the NICS checks, let the government(taxpayers) foot the bill. its the same thing when i started my employment with NYS, i had to pay $70 for them to process my fingerprints which i was mandated to supply so they could have it on file.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 03-16-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #91
badfast

Quote:
people riding the train into nyc didnt want to pay any more $ for their train passes/tickets so they taxed people as far north as dutchess county to make up the difference of the fair hike. taxpayers pay for stupid **** all of the time. the government wants to implement the NICS checks, let the government(taxpayers) foot the bill. its the same thing when i started my employment with NYS, i had to pay $70 for them to process my fingerprints which i was mandated to supply so they could have it on file.
Sorry the government has too much debt to begin with. You have to fund those checks yourself.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #92
Sentaruu

the government doesnt seem so concerned about it's debt, whats another few million dollars when your defecit is in the trillions. ****, they are giving money and weapons away to foriegn nations you would think they would want to do the same for their own citizens.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #93
badfast

Quote:
the government doesnt seem so concerned about it's debt, whats another few million dollars when your defecit is in the trillions. ****, they are giving money and weapons away to foriegn nations you would think they would want to do the same for their own citizens.
you have no concept of how international weapons agreements/sales/etc work, do you? With your comments I will say.....NOPE!

Funny how most of you care about the government "giving away" money so people may eat, but expect the government to pay for background checks for those that can afford it.

Last edited by badfast; 03-16-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #94
Sentaruu

enlighten me on how they work.

i have no problem with the government helping american citizens who need assistance, but we can be annoyed at ANOTHER expense and more hoops to jump through for firearms sales. its bad enough our government is broke and hasnt really put much thought towards what its will take fund the enforcement of an AWB, but knowing that they will use my tax dollars to fund it makes me sick.

like i said, in ny if people who dont ride the train have to pay higher taxes so that people that do ride the train dont have to pay a little bit more for their fare, whats the difference if the govt raises taxes to cover background checks too? same principle.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 03-16-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #95
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
incorrect. That's an assault rifle and they've already been banned for decades. 1968 to be accurate

If you're going to take a position to ban something for the whole country, at least know what you're trying to ban. Make sense?
But I don't want to ban guns, I like them too.

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #96
MPOWERD

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Maybe you should buy them at the same time.

Also you are not paying money to exercise a right.

And I find it ironic you want the taxpayer to pay for YOUR background check.
Why not? All laws are enforced with taxpayer money and are created with taxpayer money. If you are going to force these additional checks on those that purchase weapons then the gov should have to cover the costs.
MPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #97
MPOWERD

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
you have no concept of how international weapons agreements/sales/etc work, do you? With your comments I will say.....NOPE!

Funny how most of you care about the government "giving away" money so people may eat, but expect the government to pay for background checks for those that can afford it.
Actually I am not opposed to food stamps for those that actually need it. Perhaps a fair proposal would be enforced background checks for all those that want food stamps, each time they want to get them.

Would you make these people pay 15.00 each time they apply for food stamps or would you want the gov to pay for it?

Last edited by MPOWERD; 04-13-2013 at 12:18 AM.
MPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:42 AM   #98
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Fleecing someone for a background check restricts someone from exercising their right. The background check fee essentially makes a citizen PAY to exercise their 2nd amendment right. I wonder if we should make people pay a little bit to enjoy free speech...or maybe ask the blacks to pay a little bit extra not to be slaves? How about we charge 3 easy payments of just $49.99 for someone to have the luxury of pleading the 5th....but wait...act now, and we will throw in the no unreasonable searches and seizures, valued at $99.99.