E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #141
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold9485 View Post
Put it oonnnnnnnnn

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App
Changing steering wheels in 30 degree weather sucks but I got my new steering wheel mounted tonight

Now I know how my OE alcantara steering wheel felt brand new

I will get better quality day time pics over the weekend!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 03-14-2013 at 09:21 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #142
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Looks awesome Charlie!! Nothing like a brand new steering wheel
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #143
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Matt, the feel of fresh alcantara

Can't wait till the weekend when I can take some nice day time pics after doing a fresh detail of my ZHP
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #144
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Matt, the feel of fresh alcantara

Can't wait till the weekend when I can take some nice day time pics after doing a fresh detail of my ZHP
I can't believe I still haven't felt alcantara!! The only ZHP i've driven had the perforated M wheel! Bet its nice though Can't wait for pics!
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #145
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
Looks good! I want my M wheel to be alacantra

Last edited by THECLEANERBEAMER; 03-14-2013 at 10:20 PM.
THECLEANERBEAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #146
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
I can't believe I still haven't felt alcantara!! The only ZHP i've driven had the perforated M wheel! Bet its nice though Can't wait for pics!
Matt....funny you mention the BMW perforated ///M wheel because I'm getting one delivered to me on Saturday which will be going on my ///M...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Looks good! I want my M wheel to be alacantra
Thanks! Coby wheel does an awesome job with their rewrap. You can get your M wheel rewrapped to alcantara. I am still amazed by the quality of this wheel and having gone with the red stitching will really blend in well with my Imola ZHP

Last edited by cak323i; 03-14-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #147
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I got some time this morning and took better pics of my installed Coby Wheel

Glad I went with the red stitching for my Imola ZHP Quality of this wheel is superb! Thanks so much for your offer Mike!!!

Last edited by cak323i; 03-16-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #148
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
Looks great!! When will you do the shift boot and e-brake?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #149
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Looks great!! When will you do the shift boot and e-brake?
Once I get some fabric glue I will be doing this by next weekend.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 AM   #150
RuS1k

My Ride: E46 320Ci
It looks beautiful!
But how long it will last for?
Touch the steering wheel only with gloves?
Here are options for the design!

Last edited by RuS1k; 03-17-2013 at 03:59 AM.
RuS1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #151
Imola.ZHP

My Ride: Imola ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuS1k View Post
It looks beautiful!
If cared for properly, and cleaned, it should last for a long time. The last time BMW replaced mine was at least 3 (probably more) years ago, I don't drive with gloves and mine looks great after I recently learned how to properly clean alcantara...

-- '03 330i ZHP
-- Marcus
Imola.ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #152
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
If cared for properly, and cleaned, it should last for a long time. The last time BMW replaced mine was at least 3 (probably more) years ago, I don't drive with gloves and mine looks great after I recently learned how to properly clean alcantara...
+1

That's the key....
Old 03-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #153
AJP330i

My Ride: 05 ZHP
Love this car!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #154
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captanpic View Post
Love this car!
Thanks!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #155
///Mvious

My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
It looks beautiful!
I want this!!! Can one get this re-wrap?
///Mvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #156
RuS1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBbimmer View Post
I want this!!! Can one get this re-wrap?
I think for a good master it without any problems!)
It is this steering wheel is made in Germany!

Last edited by RuS1k; 03-18-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #157
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Hard part is finding a template to put the BMW Performance on the alcantara just like in the pic. I agree that if you can find someone who is good at doing rewraps, this can easily be done. Not my cup of tea though...
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #158
cak323i
Modded ///Member

For those who have been following my ZHP project thread....in a few weeks after I return from my business traveling schedule, the first thing I will be doing is installing new coil overs to refresh my already worn suspension. The ZHP will feel so much better after doing this... Carbon fiber engine covers will be the next thing I will be working on since the weather will be getting warmer soon More to follow, for sure!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #159
RuS1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
For those who have been following my ZHP project thread....in a few weeks after I return from my business traveling schedule, the first thing I will be doing is installing new coil overs to refresh my already worn suspension. The ZHP will feel so much better after doing this... Carbon fiber engine covers will be the next thing I will be working on since the weather will be getting warmer soon More to follow, for sure!
We look forward to!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #160
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
We look forward to!
I will be sure to take pics while the install of the new coilovers are being done. Looking forward to dropping the ZHP another inch....love the look of a lowered sedan....not necessarily a slammed one since the roads up here in New England are not the best for slammed cars....