E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #261
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
because its the typical bro calculator, high protein/carbs minimal fat. Chicken & Rice etc.
so then what should my macros be at?
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #262
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by domcreates View Post
what other kind of meat is cheap? Just eat more chicken?
pork
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #263
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
yeah you can't really enjoy the good cuts of meat if you are on a budget, so looks like boneless skinless chicken breast is your friend. Buy it frozen in bulk and defrost in fridge ~24 hours before you cook it and you'll save $$$

solly suggested pork, not a bad alternative as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #264
domcreates
Banned User

kk, but can you give me numbers on what my macros should be if i'm 193 and want to cut a bit? I have a 5 pack and want a 6 pack lol. You can start to see my 5th one coming in
Old 03-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #265
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by domcreates View Post
so then what should my macros be at?
all the info you need is in this thread already.

you can see gains using that calculator for sure, all that matters is you are getting enough protein everyday, and enough carbs that you feel energetic during your weightlifting. The rest is really just personal choice without getting too detailed.

It's essentially trying to balance an budget at the end of the day if you think about it...

You have say a $2000 dollar (calories) "budget" for the day, and you are going grocery shopping. Your girlfriend made you promise you'd bring home at least 193grams of protein, and then whatever $'s are left is up to you.

Fat is the most expensive and least beneficial @ $9 a gram, carbs are $4 a gram and provide fuel for your workouts. Protein is also $4 a gram.

So if you get 193g of protein, thats $772. Leaving roughly $1200. Spend accordingly, prioritizing carbs for workout fuel.

I'm clearly bored of discussing calories and macros lol so hopefully that example made sense

Last edited by dabears; 03-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #266
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
dabears, about the pb&j sandwiches:
1. i thought soy was a complete protein?
2. i'm aware that pb is incomplete, but i thought that the similarly incomplete proteins contributed by typical wheat breads makes the overall meal a complete protein. am i wrong?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #267
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
dabears, about the pb&j sandwiches:
1. i thought soy was a complete protein?
2. i'm aware that pb is incomplete, but i thought that the similarly incomplete proteins contributed by typical wheat breads makes the overall meal a complete protein. am i wrong?
1) soy is a complete protein if you just look at the amino acids (it supplies all 9) but they are in less than ideal ratios, and whats more concerning is the effect of its "antinutrients" on protein uptake, estrogen levels in the body, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm
the soybean contains large quantities of natural toxins or "antinutrients". First among them are potent enzyme inhibitors that block the action of trypsin and other enzymes needed for protein digestion.

These inhibitors are large, tightly folded proteins that are not completely deactivated during ordinary cooking. They can produce serious gastric distress, reduced protein digestion and chronic deficiencies in amino acid uptake. In test animals, diets high in trypsin inhibitors cause enlargement and pathological conditions of the pancreas, including cancer.14

Soybeans also contain haemagglutinin, a clot-promoting substance that causes red blood cells to clump together.

Trypsin inhibitors and haemagglutinin are growth inhibitors. Weanling rats fed soy containing these antinutrients fail to grow normally.
so the nutrition label says protein, but your body doesn't absorb it effectively / cause of a host of other issues.

2) I won't get into the health complications, but from a straight muscle building role yes pb + gluten = complete amino acid profile. But the macronutrient ratio of this concoction isn't proper... similar to bacon, the fat content far outweighs the protein content. So by him eating two of them, he's unable to get an adequate protein intake without going over his calories. Which is not good on a cut.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #268
M3Inline6
I'm now boosting! Funnnn!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
yeah you can't really enjoy the good cuts of meat if you are on a budget, so looks like boneless skinless chicken breast is your friend. Buy it frozen in bulk and defrost in fridge ~24 hours before you cook it and you'll save $$$

solly suggested pork, not a bad alternative as well.

Can he get grass fed frozen in bulk? What kind of grass fed should he get? Blue grass? Tall fescue? St. Augustine? I just want to make sure that he's getting the best grass fed available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack View Post
Dude, you are massively gay for Capoeira. Yes I know this has been well established for quite some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack View Post
While not big, I bet it's firm and can grind the sh1t out of a crank.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 03-19-2013 at 04:12 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #269
dabears

Lol I meant beef / unfrozen chicken in general, I never tell anyone to eat grass fed. I'm sure you can imagine their reaction
Old 06-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #270
domcreates
Banned User

here's my grocery list for two weeks. same thing pretty much every day but it doesn't bother me

2 Week

4 x Giant 100% Egg Whites Liquid Cholesterol Free Fat Free $17.96

1 x Giant White Rice Long Grain $4.79

2 x Giant Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless Value Pack All Natural Fresh $34.32

2 x Giant Pasta Rigatoni $2

1 x Ragu Pasta Sauce $2.39

1 x Giant Oats Rolled Old Fashion $3.79

2 x Oscar Meyer Turkey White Oven Roasted 95% Fat Free Sliced $6.98

2 x Giant Vegetables Mixed All Natural $5

Total: $77.23
Old 06-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #271
domcreates
Banned User

Oh and that's all from peapod. It's what i'm using now that my ex gf isn't around anymore.