E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #61
basketthis

My Ride: state to state
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth1 View Post
You said you cleared codes, not adapts. They're different, hence the different button.

Yes, let it run.
I learn something new about this car almost every time I'm on here!
Okay. And you said it looks like my timing is off? Could leaving the camshaft position sensor unplugged have done that? Or is there another plug that could still be undone from when I did the CCV? I thoroughly checked for any and didn't see any. But if it's your advice that something may still be undone, I will check. Just trying to think of stuff before the next time I get the chance to cold start.
basketthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #62
smooth1

My Ride: BMW FTW
You'd have a code if something was undone. It's just jumping around a lot, so either your tables were modified (Crappily) or the DME is reacting to something.
smooth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #63
basketthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth1 View Post
You'd have a code if something was undone. It's just jumping around a lot, so either your tables were modified (Crappily) or the DME is reacting to something.
Hey. Do you think is possible that a creak in my oil cap gasket could be causing this? I just noticed it.
Edit: crack*. And it probably is a dumb question. However, I've never had a bad oil cap gasket. I'm grabbing a new oil cap from the dealership today. Will update with cold start results when I can. I'd be very happy if the cap was the ultimate culprit!

Last edited by basketthis; 03-19-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #64
basketthis

Old oil fill cap:

Replaced cap. Cleared adaptations. Drove 50 miles. SES has not returned yet. Morning shall prove to be the ultimate test.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130319_223417.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	496317  

Last edited by basketthis; 03-19-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #65
Gus330vrum

My Ride: 330ci
Interesting thread: I also have 325xi.

Op, did you replace camshafts sensor/crank sensor? & how many miles?

Yes bad oil cap gives you vaccum leak, just like gas cap.(( replace vaccum lines coming from 2nd air pump going towards the back of the engine ))

Where is the goldish oil color?lol

Try this: \/ BG can be found local Goodyear local tires place here in Atlanta $13 ea. Dealer has it also dunno how much.

Sent from my LG using Bimmer App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363748879095.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	496320  

Last edited by Gus330vrum; 03-19-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Gus330vrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #66
basketthis

It lasted for 160 miles. The new code is "mixture deviation" on bank 1 and 2.
New Datalog:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-7b4007bb.html
If anyone hasn't picked up the BMWLogger software, definitely try it out! Very useful. Feature-filled. I purchased the full version. It's proven very useful. Even after only a couple of days of use! thanks smooth1