E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #21
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
I skated for awhile, mainly stuck to AWS and REAL boards. Skated daily with my friends as well, I loved it. Still something I look back on that I wish I progressed more in. Watching the pro's makes me wanna do it again bc they make it look so easy

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #22
Carb

My Ride: 2000 328ci
I used to skate everyday when I was 12 until I got my driver's license at the age of 16. I'm 25 now, my gf gave me a skateboard and gear last Christmas, ever since I've been going to the skateparks about twice a week, but now I just skate bowls, quarter and half pipes, just to keep injuries to a minimum.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App
Carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #23
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey 3er View Post
I skated for awhile, mainly stuck to AWS and REAL boards. Skated daily with my friends as well, I loved it. Still something I look back on that I wish I progressed more in. Watching the pro's makes me wanna do it again bc they make it look so easy
That was always the case for me. I would go out and try 8-10 sets and bust my ass and come home and be pissed cuz I wasn't pro. I should have been happy with what I accomplished now that I look back, and thank God that I didn't break any bones or kill myself doing stupid **** back then.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #24
SJZach

My Ride: orient blue 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
That was always the case for me. I would go out and try 8-10 sets and bust my ass and come home and be pissed cuz I wasn't pro. I should have been happy with what I accomplished now that I look back, and thank God that I didn't break any bones or kill myself doing stupid **** back then.
yeah really skated for 5-6 years straight probably and just never progressed too much. Would definitely get frustrated when I was younger. Nowadays when I go skate though its just because its a lot of fun. i could care less how well I am skating haha. not too interested in busting my knees on sets/ big ledges anymore though haha.
SJZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
SJZach

My Ride: orient blue 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
I haven't watched him skate since he was like 11. didn't realize he got this nasty. absolutely sick part
SJZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #26
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
i hackey bro,you?

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #27
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Skated back in the day.

Can still heelflip, kickflip, ollie, 180, variable heelflip, etc.
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
jhaurimn

My Ride: 01' 330ci
Used to skate, until about 9th grade. After breaking both arms I called it quits. Started long boarding shortly after.

Rodney Mullen was my idol growing up as far as skateboarding goes
2001 M3 - 90xxx
1989 325i - 2??,???

Last edited by jhaurimn; 03-22-2013 at 10:23 AM.
jhaurimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #29
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Skated up until the 10th grade, I was actually pretty good. Grew up watching Christian Hosoi, Tony Hawk, Steve Caballero, etc. Good times.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #30
m1r

My Ride: 13 TL
More than half of my life has been on a skateboard, but too old to 'go hard' these days. Back in the day it was all about skating though, lots of great local spots have come and gone over the years but I try to skate every once in a while still with so many parks popping up. Edicwhun (poser) and I are going skating soon- DC representsent!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #31
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
You know what's funny, out of all the years of skateboarding I never broke a bone.

But I broke my ankle surfing...WTF how do you even do that?

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:27 AM   #32
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: Ghey Mobile
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
I skated back in junior high and high school in the late 90s and early 2000s. Skated with a guy named Ryan Dannettelle if any of you SoCal guys know who he is. He is known for doing a back 180 down El Toro.
nikkeiS2K is offline   Reply With Quote