E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #5261
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybones View Post
Its so ****ed up, Call me naive but I used to think the only fake watches were Rolex and sold in NYC. Come to find out they are making watches that you cant even tell are fake by looking at them let alone having the same movements as the real thing. It makes me scared to even purchase anything after my last mishap. Getting beat on a 8Ball is only 150-160$ getting beat on a watch is 1-15000$. Its riskier for somebody like me who just is getting into watches to buy one rather then go to the hood and score some drugs.
When there is money to be made, they will counterfeit anything...from art, to baseball cards, to autographs, to watches, to diamonds, etc. You watch Pawn Stars don't you? Don't be scared, be informed. Take a note from Evolved...do your research, study the watch you want, so when you know everything there is to know about them, you will make an informed buying decision and not get fleeced. What happened to you is a one in a billion chance. I wouldn't even look at the watch if I was buying from Tourneau.

Now to blow your mind....check these out....(all fake.)

Crazy huh?

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 03-21-2013 at 09:52 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #5262
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
How da hell are you supposed to know?
Scary

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #5263
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
How da hell are you supposed to know?
Scary

[bimmerapp]
By studying
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #5264
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Thats your opinion, and you are entitled to it. As you can see from the video on the last page, some people own the real AND the rep. Most people won't treat their watches like I do. They are not going to install a Jeep lift kit while wearing their $10K Rolex banging it around on the axles. Some people don't like to travel with real watches, especially ones that are easily recognizable like Pams or Rollies. Everyone has their reasons. No reason to judge people based on their choices, UNLESS they (like you said) are posing.
Theres different watches for different occasions. Thats what G-Shocks and Casios are made for. I dont see the logic of not wearing a real watch vs a fake watch. You're still going to attract the same attention with the fake as the thieves wont know the difference till they mug it off of you.

There are similar looking watches from good manufactures out there to buy if a person likes a particular model/style, but I dont get the full blown on 100% down to the branding replicas. I guess ppls wearing fakes just need any lil justification so say that its OK to do so imo

Last edited by BruceWonder; 03-21-2013 at 10:41 PM.
BruceWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #5265
smares21

My Ride: M3
Its not one in a billion chance to get fleeced by Tourneau. I bought my mom a pre-owned Cartier Tank Francaise at the Las Vegas Caesars location. Needed a battery replacement about 18 months later. I opened it up, $50 Chinese guts inside. I fought for 4 months to get my money back. Finally did + a brand new replacement watch.

Last edited by smares21; 03-22-2013 at 09:04 AM.
smares21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #5266
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobK732 View Post
Saw this on a billboard the other day, really like it..

Raymond Weil Freelancer in Urban Black

I think the "shut up and take my money" meme is appropriate for this watch nice peice how much is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smares21 View Post
Its not one in a billion chance to get fleeced by Tourneau. I bought my mom a pre-owned Cartier Tank Francaise at the Las Vegas Caesars location. Needed a battery replacement about 18 months later. I opened it up, $50 Chinese guts inside. I fought for 4 months to get my money back. Finally did + a brand new replacement watch.
That suckcs, glad it got sorted out though.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #5267
smares21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
I think the "shut up and take my money" meme is appropriate for this watch nice peice how much is it?
Oh, hi. First result on Google... http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hands-o...raph-live-pics
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #5268
mcr_driver

Oh, hi, I mean how much did he get his for.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #5269
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
I don't believe the poster owns it, he just posted pics of it
Old 03-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #5270
smares21

Quote:
If you click on my link, you'll see his pics are straight off that blog.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #5271
Solo118

My Ride: '02 330ci, '12 MDX
Send a message via AIM to Solo118
That Raymond Weil is awesome, kind of looks like a mix of a Daytona (arabic numbers are very similar) and IWC Top Gun

Gone and will be missed!

Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #5272
06E46M3
Banned User

My Ride: L;KL;KL;KL;LKL;;KLL
why would you wear any sort of watch while working on a car--thats like one of the first things they teach you in avoiding industrial accidents. no sorts of jewelry, unless you want to get a finger lost or skinned (i forgot the exact term for it). not likely to happen while working on a car thats off, but it just sounds like a good way to get your hand stuck somewhere so you can wear...your $10,000 watch...

Last edited by 06E46M3; 03-22-2013 at 04:26 PM.
06E46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #5273
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06E46M3 View Post
why would you wear any sort of watch while working on a car--thats like one of the first things they teach you in avoiding industrial accidents. no sorts of jewelry, unless you want to get a finger lost or skinned (i forgot the exact term for it). not likely to happen while working on a car thats off, but it just sounds like a good way to get your hand stuck somewhere so you can wear...your $10,000 watch...
"Degloving injury"

Old 03-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #5274
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06E46M3 View Post
I don't do it on "purpose." I just never take my watches off. I shower with them, I sleep with them, etc. Unless I am switching watches, or it's a leather strapped watch, they don't come off, so I pay no attention and never remember. I don't think to myself "Im going to install a lift, quick, let me put my Sea Dweller on."
Old 03-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #5275
davide330

My Ride: 10 ISF
Quote:
Now to blow your mind....check these out....(all fake.)

Crazy huh?
Last pic is legit.

Sig by Jase3d at www.jase3d.com
davide330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #5276
davide330

My Ride: 10 ISF
The Raymond Weil Urban is around $2100 at Joma. I've got the 7730-STC-20101 (as below) and it wears pretty big for a 42mm watch (I have a 7.5" wrist) almost like a 44mm watch. I love mine and the Urban is definitely on the list to add to my collection.

Sig by Jase3d at www.jase3d.com
davide330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #5277
mcr_driver

Quote:
I don't do it on "purpose." I just never take my watches off. I shower with them, I sleep with them, etc. Unless I am switching watches, or it's a leather strapped watch, they don't come off, so I pay no attention and never remember. I don't think to myself "Im going to install a lift, quick, let me put my Sea Dweller on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide330 View Post
The Raymond Weil Urban is around $2100 at Joma. I've got the 7730-STC-20101 (as below) and it wears pretty big for a 42mm watch (I have a 7.5" wrist) almost like a 44mm watch. I love mine and the Urban is definitely on the list to add to my collection.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #5278
vinnybones

My Ride: E46 330i & E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smares21 View Post
Damn so that makes another who got beat at Tourneau
Old 03-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #5279
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
I was expecting the orange markings and orange hands on my hamilton to be glow in the dark... but they are not

Are "lumes" something that can be installed on a watch easily? Cost prohibitive? I have no idea

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #5280
smares21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
I was expecting the orange markings and orange hands on my hamilton to be glow in the dark... but they are not

Are "lumes" something that can be installed on a watch easily? Cost prohibitive? I have no idea

[bimmerapp]
A lot of independent guys will "re-lume" your watch for you. Its usually about $100-125. I would not try yourself. It is very hard. The pros use microscopes and surgeons hands.