E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
glhx

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
http://www.obd2be.com/bmw-m35080-p-167.html

this device will change the m35080 to whatever you want. with the pa soft you should be able to recode the ike

Last edited by glhx; 02-17-2012 at 10:11 PM.
glhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
redbull 325is

My Ride: 325xit/6
Send a message via AIM to redbull 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by glhx View Post
http://www.obd2be.com/bmw-m35080-p-167.html

this device will change the m35080 to whatever you want. with the pa soft you should be able to recode the ike
WOA! thats awesome
redbull 325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #23
GBinSB

My Ride: 2001 325Ti
Does anyone in Santa Barbara / Ventura / Oxnard have the PA Soft 1.4 or other software that they can help me with? I have a used cluster on the way to me but I'd rather not take it apart to unsolder/solder the m35080 chip. And i have no experience with the odb software. The cluster is the exact same model # as the one coming out of my car but it has 100k more miles on it than my car really has.
GBinSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #24
jlmfernando

My Ride: 2000 328ci
2000 328ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvitale27 View Post
anyone?
I bought BM like 126k miles , after 5 days mills jump up 698k so after I remove the battery and reconnect then jump down 44k now doesn't change my mills yet still 44k, how can fix my real milage
jlmfernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:29 AM   #25
lsNICKersl

My Ride: 04 Phoenix Yellow M3
Send a message via AIM to lsNICKersl
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have an E46 M3 and had to change out my cluster due to it being shorted (the back light didnt work and rpm gauge would intermittently work), however with this used cluster i got from a friend, my DCS and Brake lights stay on. Would this work for my cluster as well ? to flip the chips around.

thanks for your time in advance

Mods
TC Kline D/A Coilovers 550/600 - Vorshlag Camber Plates - RE Spring Perch - RE Rear Shock Mounts - Turner Sways
UUC Urethane Bushings - Streamline Filter - AFE Scoop / Elbow - Fabspeed Headers - Magnaflow - Dinan Stg 2 (evolve tune soon)

lsNICKersl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #26
Twitzid

My Ride: 318i touring 2001
Can i swap memory chip from km/h cluster to new mph cluster? Will it work in km/h after? I f*cked up my indocators when i removed them, and i dont know what to do. I have LHD car, but i am in UK now.
Twitzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #27
bxtch37420

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328i
It's serendipitious that this thread got bumped today because for the last two days I have been scouring the internet trying to find a DIY fix for my cluster that went bad a couple days ago. This thread stands out more than any of the other ones I've read.

I want to do this fix described but unfortunately the picture in the OP's follow-up post showing what the M35080 chip looks like doesn't appear anymore.

Can anyone advise what the chip looks like? Is it clearly marked?

My other question is, how important is it that the used cluster I get comes from the same vehicle? I have a 2000 BMW 328.

I am going to PM the OP and see if he will stick his head in to answer questions.

Even if he doesn't I am going to give this a try and I will post my results.

And Twitzid, to answer your question, I think you can enter one of the "test modes" by holding in the trip reset button and turning the key and there is a way to change from km/h to mph.
bxtch37420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:57 AM   #28
Twitzid

My Ride: 318i touring 2001
Thank you! Maybe somebody know any DIY for fixing dial indicators? I removed them because i wanted to change background to white, but after i replace them, speed and oil meter didnt work. I dont what to change whole cluster, any tip? Cheers.

When im doing test, all needles are moving like they shoud exept speed needle, it keeps stucking. When i was removing the speed needle, it came off with that metal stick in it. So is it possible to change only the motor for it?

Last edited by Twitzid; 09-19-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Twitzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #29
redbull 325is

My Ride: 325xit/6
Send a message via AIM to redbull 325is
no m35080 chip on a 2000 328i, you should be able to do the swap with only PA soft (iirc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxtch37420 View Post
It's serendipitious that this thread got bumped today because for the last two days I have been scouring the internet trying to find a DIY fix for my cluster that went bad a couple days ago. This thread stands out more than any of the other ones I've read.

I want to do this fix described but unfortunately the picture in the OP's follow-up post showing what the M35080 chip looks like doesn't appear anymore.

Can anyone advise what the chip looks like? Is it clearly marked?

My other question is, how important is it that the used cluster I get comes from the same vehicle? I have a 2000 BMW 328.

I am going to PM the OP and see if he will stick his head in to answer questions.

Even if he doesn't I am going to give this a try and I will post my results.

And Twitzid, to answer your question, I think you can enter one of the "test modes" by holding in the trip reset button and turning the key and there is a way to change from km/h to mph.

Last edited by redbull 325is; 09-21-2014 at 08:54 AM.
redbull 325is is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dsc, gauge cluster, m35080, manipulation dot, swap