E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #61
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Ya I get you. Im just being a cheap ass at the moment! haha Ill just go order from turner

Total cost so far in euro
Engine 1100
ESS parts and tune 1450
Shipping to ESS 80
Throttle Body 80
Subframe reinforcement, stuart water pump mechanical belt tensioner fuel filter 700
Subframe Polybushes 160
Total 3570

Along with spending 1000 on getting my e30 up and running. needed new fuel tank and coilovers and bushes and hoses!

Cant wait for next month, Both cars will be fully operational again! Then NO MORE MODS!! haha

Fuel Filter
I know how you feel Andy...
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #62
Jim Murphy

My Ride: 2006 E46 330Ci ZHP
Forged pistons with high compression rings are cheaper than OEM. Finding out what exactly blew is still the best route. Could be a relatively simple fix.

Jim
Jim Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #63
AndyN

My Ride: ESS TS2 325ci
Ok so all the parts have arrived there has been many extra purchases since I last updated such as Stoptech BBK 4 piston on the front with stoptech race pads on the rears with goodrich hoses for the rear also. All the parts including ECU have arrived so it is just a matter of getting the Engine out, the subframe dropped and all the new shiny pieces to be put back together..
Now this time im letting my mechanic do the work as I dont have time with Final Year Mechanical Engineering Exams to concentrate on. (Im using my cheesy wedding band to fund all these parts!!! Dont judge it pays the bills haha!)

He hasnt got the engine out as between the two of us we spent the last month getting my e30 road legal and through the NCT (This is the Irish National Car Test which is the equivalent of the UK MOT or SMOG tests in America). Its working like a charm at the moment, got my new LSD in there and all!!

Anyway any one have torque specs for the new pulley on the supercharger?
Also I cant remember the supercharger oil, Its something like 10W60 Castrol is it? Any particular Brand of Castrol or is there a specific one?
As for selling my old injectors from the ESS TS2 b25 is there a market for this? What cc are they etc?
I also have the belt and pulley but I doubt these would sell..

Ill try keep the rest of this thread pic heavy as it'll look good having engine out and swapping all the parts I need along with subframe reinforcement and BBK!!

I also just rang insurance company to declare all my modifications and it has been escalated to some high up management guys.
In Ireland there is NO and I mean NO insurance company that will touch a turbo or supercharger modification. So I am just waiting to hear back from them to see what ridiculous quote they throw at me or just plain out refusal.
If it is a refusal I can contact the Irish Insurance Federation and they are required to get me a quote no matter how high.. The standard for some *** Imports is roughly 3500 euro a year. Thats not including my road tax of 1100 euro a year on the 325... Now the m3 sounds like 'as is said in Ireland' " cheap as chips"..
Old 02-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #64
paraklas
OEM ///Member

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
For Twinscrew oil, you can use the Castrol GTX 10W60, same as the S54 uses. I bought a litre from dealership, which is way too much, as the s/c needs around 130ml if I remember correct.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #65
Minnoe07

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330Ci
120 ml

2004 330Ci 6 Speed; UUC Sway Bars; Powerflex RTAB's and FCAB's; KW V2 Coilovers; 3.38 OS Giken LSD
Z4 Finned Diff Cover; Headers; M-Tech II Rear Bumper and CF Diffusor; CF Trunk; CSL Front Bumper
M3 CF Hood; DICE I-Pod Kit; JTD Rear Shock Mounts; UUC Front Strut Bar; O2 Simulators
ESS TS2 Twin Screw Supercharger

Minnoe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #66
AndyN

Ok so its been quite awhile since the engine actually went but the new engine is now in, just needs exhaust manifolds to be attached and it is ready to fire up so hopefully in the next few days. The mechanic is a self employed owner of the business and is the only mechanic which is the reason for the slow pace for updates but I am hoping to have the 330 engine with the ESS TS2 up and running in the next 2-3 days!

Then I am just waiting for him to do the turner motorsport subframe reinforcement and the stoptech BBK.. Anyone have an estimated time for these two installations?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #67
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
the subframe reinforcement is good 6hr job
Old 03-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #68
AndyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
Thats good to know, So I can set aside roughly a week for the mechanic to do this as he has other cars too.. Is a BBK installation as complicated? I would imagine its a straightforward swap with draining brake fluid and filling it up again and bleeding etc? If he takes too long with the subframe I may do this myself..
Is it much harder than an ESS TS2 installation?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #69
lab rat

Don't know about the brakes. I didn't install the reinforcement kit myself because I can't weld.
Aside from welding it's pretty easy to do.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #70
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
Turner estimates the install of their kit at 15 hrs.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #71
lab rat

Oh right, I got HPF kit. I thought they install the same way.