E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
jauernis

My Ride: 2004 325i
Dynavin w/ Sirius

What are my options for getting sirius in my car besides via bluetooth with app?

Does anyone have sirius set up on through the aux on their dynavin and what tuner did you go with?

Sorry if this has been posted cant find exaclty the response I am looking for.
jauernis is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
I bought a XM commander off ebay. The tuner is a seprate module from the screen. The screen fits perfectly inside the ashtray area with the ashtray pulled out. The tuner is behind the glove box, and is completly stealth. I can close the ash tray and there is no external screen or wires showing.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
BobSC

My Ride: 01 330Cic, 07 750Li
I have the Sirius "stratus 4" and have it hooked up through the AUX port on the dynavin. Works great. I have the sirius unit concealed in the roll top ashtray on the back of the armrest.

2007 750Li
2001 330Cic
2000 328i(Sold)
2004 X3
BobSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
WilliamLD

My Ride: 01' Bmw 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSC View Post
I have the Sirius "stratus 4" and have it hooked up through the AUX port on the dynavin. Works great. I have the sirius unit concealed in the roll top ashtray on the back of the armrest.
Would you mind taking a few pics for us? I have been very interested in this setup.
WilliamLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
WilliamLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilseck21 View Post
I bought a XM commander off ebay. The tuner is a seprate module from the screen. The screen fits perfectly inside the ashtray area with the ashtray pulled out. The tuner is behind the glove box, and is completly stealth. I can close the ash tray and there is no external screen or wires showing.
I'd like to see this if you can take a quick pic of it for me, if you don't mind.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
vilseck21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamLD View Post
I'd like to see this if you can take a quick pic of it for me, if you don't mind.
I cant take pictures beacuse I am in Afghanistan, but its very similar to http://www.my330i.com/mod18.php
Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
WilliamLD

I like the sound of this and I took a look at the link that was provided. He did that a few years back and I am sure there are some "updated" pieces to this. In the link it was mentioned that he used a "Blitzsafe" adapter, is this something I would need to use? Also the interface has changed somewhat, so what would I need to get to make all this happen?
Old 06-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
vilseck21

Quote:
I like the sound of this and I took a look at the link that was provided. He did that a few years back and I am sure there are some "updated" pieces to this. In the link it was mentioned that he used a "Blitzsafe" adapter, is this something I would need to use? Also the interface has changed somewhat, so what would I need to get to make all this happen?
The XM commander has RCA outs that plug into the RCA input of the Dynavin AUX, no adaptor is needed, or you can use the FM modulator. I bought the XM commander on ebay.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
BobSC

My Ride: 01 330Cic, 07 750Li
Quote:
Would you mind taking a few pics for us? I have been very interested in this setup.
Cell phone pics, but I think they will work.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sirius 1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	458257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sirius 2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	458258  

2007 750Li
2001 330Cic
2000 328i(Sold)
2004 X3
BobSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
WilliamLD

I've noticed the XM commander is a little tough to find, but the "stratus 4" isn't as much. Would it be possible to fit that in the ashtray or do you think there any other options. I like how you have it set up, but is it a a little akward to turn around and press the buttons? I am very interested in getting a setup with sirius since our dynavins didn't have this option, but I am looking for the best way to do this.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
Jim4WVU

My Ride: '02 BMW 330ci Ragtop
If I were to install a Sirius unit and run to the Dynavin's Aux, can it be controlled through the steering wheel?

Thanks.
Jim

2002 BMW ci (convertible)
Jim4WVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #12
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Got your email as well....

No, there is no way to control an external sirius radio tuner from your steering wheel controls.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #13
Jim4WVU

My Ride: '02 BMW 330ci Ragtop
Thanks Jeff!

What Sirius tuner do you suggest and where should it be located?
I saw the photos where a reader had it located in the compartment behind the armrest. I agree with one post that states that would be awkward.

Do you know if there's a Sirius tuner that will fit in the front ashtray?

Thanks again!
Jim
Jim4WVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
honestly Im not that up on the current sirius stuff.....just check out their website, see what the dimensions are on the units they are currently selling and go from there....
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote