E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #41
MKampa

My Ride: B7 Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Come to Shift S3ctor and we'll see who gets smoked
MKampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #42
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
Not defending either side just making one simple point.

The competition will only improve the platform. Feelings are secondary to platform development.

Keep it coming Saad, maxpsi and NickG.

Mike
This is a very true statement, unfortunately not everyone understands this.
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #43
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad @ Saad Racing View Post
It ain't braggin if its true. Lets do this, why don't you go and find me someone that will race me for money in a 6 speed Supra. Anyone, as long as the car is full weight and has the factory 6 speed and 2jz in it. Fair? 5k? Since I'm not number one, as you say, you should be able to go to all those guys that are quicker then me and tell them to come and take my money, right?
K come to tx.

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App
Old 03-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #44
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Has HPF given up on trying to be the top dog on the e46 chassis? They should be contenders here as well, ever since MaxPSI and SAAD dropped their kit on us HPF has been silent. They pretty much single handedly put this platform on the market in the US.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #45
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post
K come to tx.

For what? Last time I was there for the TX2K race, I won the 6 speed class and almost won unlimited.

Your going to have to do better then a vague statement. If you think there is someone that is quicker then me in a 6 speed Supra, find them and set up a $5k race, should be easy if its as you say that there are others faster then me
Old 03-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #46
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3
Amazing only thing that would make it better is if you kept the quad exhaust look for the tips. None the less amazing work.
ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #47
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANREC330 View Post
Amazing only thing that would make it better is if you kept the quad exhaust look for the tips. None the less amazing work.
Thank you! I'll have to take better pictures of the 4" oval tips, the fit great in the stock bumper.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #48
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
Thank you! I'll have to take better pictures of the 4" oval tips, the fit great in the stock bumper.
This is true. I have oval also. however yours need a rolled tip. Or whatever its called

Old 03-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #49
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Here is a short video of the back of the car when we were on the dyno. Gives you a good sound clip and a better look at the tips.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #50
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
saad - there are several of us here who have been tweaking the e46 m3 turbo before you did. kenton's exhaust has changed several times. i doubt you even knew or cared what diameter the plumbing is from the steedspeed out. which is why its confusing why you would make such a statement.
if you want THIS community to take your product development seriously please reciprocate. btw, ever wonder why every scandanavian e46 m3 turbo has a certain debadged manifold? every turbo kit has its pros and cons.

mkampa - thanks for the oxymoronic meme

Last edited by Dreikraft; 03-25-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #51
J.Schmidt

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
saad - there are several of us here who have been tweaking the e46 m3 turbo before you did. kenton's exhaust has changed several times. i doubt you even knew or cared what diameter the plumbing is from the steedspeed out. which is why its confusing why you would make such a statement.
if you want THIS community to take your product development seriously please reciprocate. btw, ever wonder why every scandanavian e46 m3 turbo has a certain debadged manifold? every turbo kit has its pros and cons.

This is the common mistake everyone in this industry seems to make. Thinking that one platform is different than the other. Any good experienced shop, and tuner can make any car fast. Here is a great example, several years ago a certain company decided to enter the sport compact front wheel drive market in drag racing. Everyone said they were going to get their a$$es handed to them because they had now idea how to run a high horsepower turbo car, let alone a front wheel drive car. That company absolutely DOMINATED the FWD market while they were involved, and then left. Anyone guess who that was???

Point is, I don't care if you good at making a ford focus fast...if your truly good at it, you can make anything fast.
J.Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #52
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

The statement I made was using math and logic. Now you come back and make a vague statement that I don't know what he has for exhaust. Let me say it again another way. It does not matter if he had a 5" exhaust because its still 3" coming out of the turbo, that is where the restriction is, and the fact that you just said he has a Steedspeed manifold reaffirms that there is a restriction before the turbo also. This isn't just my opinion, is physics.

Last edited by Saad @ Saad Racing; 03-25-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #53
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Schmidt View Post
This is the common mistake everyone in this industry seems to make. Thinking that one platform is different than the other. Any good experienced shop, and tuner can make any car fast. Here is a great example, several years ago a certain company decided to enter the sport compact front wheel drive market in drag racing. Everyone said they were going to get their a$$es handed to them because they had now idea how to run a high horsepower turbo car, let alone a front wheel drive car. That company absolutely DOMINATED the FWD market while they were involved, and then left. Anyone guess who that was???

Point is, I don't care if you good at making a ford focus fast...if your truly good at it, you can make anything fast.
You are absolutely correct. I run into this all the time, its very frustrating. I have been talking to people about cars and they tell me what problems they are having, and I tell them what they need. They ask me how I know, I tell them I've built cars like our 1800hp 3.0L Supra and then I hear "but this is a Corvette". My answer is "ya, that makes it easier"
Old 03-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #54
J.Schmidt

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
You are absolutely correct. I run into this all the time, its very frustrating. I have been talking to people about cars and they tell me what problems they are having, and I tell them what they need. They ask me how I know, I tell them I've built cars like our 1800hp 3.0L Supra and then I hear "but this is a Corvette". My answer is "ya, that makes it easier"
Yeah...All of the Honda guys thought GM was going to come in and look like fools! That didn't work out too well for them! LOL
J.Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #55
335i_6mt

My Ride: 2007 335i
Quote:
If I understand you correctly you have the factory connection in the middle of the car. If that is the case this exhaust, the way I have shown it, will bolt right up to your car. As far as retuning, what did you do when you went back to the smaller down pipe, did you re tune it? If not you should be good, but always check after making any modification.
Yes, it was retuned by HPF/John Reed after the smaller DP and new exhaust was put in. Also, can quad tips be installed instead of the oval tips on your exhaust? Are the oval tips welded on or are they just attached with exhuast clamps?
335i_6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #56
James @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i_6mt View Post
Yes, it was retuned by HPF/John Reed after the smaller DP and new exhaust was put in. Also, can quad tips be installed instead of the oval tips on your exhaust? Are the oval tips welded on or are they just attached with exhuast clamps?
We are developing 2 more options for tips. Quad 3" tips and straight 4" tips cut at an angle. Should have pictures of them shortly. The tips are v-banded.
James @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #57
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Schmidt View Post

this is true...but for how long?
example: if a cometic MLS works to high heaven on a 2jz does not mean you can expect the same RELIABLE results on an s54
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #58
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
example: if a cometic MLS works to high heaven on a 2jz does not mean you can expect the same RELIABLE results on an s54
Can't be true Ben...what works for one platform will work for the other. Must've been installer error
Old 04-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #59
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Terrible example, what he meant is that an experienced shop will find its way in any platform that it concentrates on, not that all parts will work on the same platforms. Also, top Supras DO NOT USE cometic head gaskets they use stock, ask me how I know