E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #441
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Seems shitty on paper, but I already have my entire day counted / cooked. Spaghetti, two meatballs and meat sauce for lunch, protein shake pwo and then a lesser portion of just spaghetti and meat sauce. 140g of cooked spaghetti = 1 cup. Very easy to count.

Tomorrow ill eat salads with plenty of meat... Chicken for lunch, steak for dinner. Hoping the next 4 months are a breeze. Next couple weeks might be bad going from 2000/3000 to 1500/2000 but ill live.
I just hate measuring. I just dump sh1t in a bowl and eat it lol. I guess right now it's different since I want to gain. When I want to cut I'll just clean it up a bit but still pig out and increase my cardio and change my workouts up a bit.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #442
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Yeah I was way more lax bulking too.

I have tricks to count for things that arent in pieces... otherwise I'd never do it... For instance my meat sauce filled a 6 litre pot, which is 25 cups. Instead of a ladle I spoon it out with a measuring cup. I put my plate on a scale and tare it, then place the spaghetti noodles on like I normally would anyways. And I add recipes to myfitnesspal as I cook. Boom
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #443
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Yeah I was way more lax bulking too.

I have tricks to count for things that arent in pieces... otherwise I'd never do it... For instance my meat sauce filled a 6 litre pot, which is 25 cups. Instead of a ladle I spoon it out with a measuring cup. I put my plate on a scale and tare it, then place the spaghetti noodles on like I normally would anyways. And I add recipes to myfitnesspal as I cook. Boom
no wonder everyone is fat. People don't want to do sh1t like that lol
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #444
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Man I'm just sick of wasting time with the "wait and see" approach... It doesn't work well for me.

In my opinion if people focused on eating fresh veggies, fruit, meat and cut out processed **** like bread, pasta, cereal, frozen foods, anything microwave or "quick" and going for a walk in the park once in awhile obesity wouldn't exist. No need to calorie count lol, just eat until you are full and don't be greedy with portions... Chew your food.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #445
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Man I'm just sick of wasting time with the "wait and see" approach... It doesn't work well for me.

In my opinion if people focused on eating fresh veggies, fruit, meat and cut out processed **** like bread, pasta, cereal, frozen foods, anything microwave or "quick" and going for a walk in the park once in awhile obesity wouldn't exist. No need to calorie count lol, just eat until you are full and don't be greedy with portions... Chew your food.
i agree 100%. I will probably do this 80% of my meals soon. I have to be on the verge of unhealthiness even if I don't look it.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #446
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
i agree 100%. I will probably do this 80% of my meals soon. I have to be on the verge of unhealthiness even if I don't look it.
I honestly believe the typical bodybuilder is unhealthy. Their average diet is so restrictive and sometimes to the point of being ridiculous that it's almost guaranteed they are lacking vital nutrients & minerals.

I would eat strict primal if I didn't have a picky girlfriend, I'm confident I would feel fine working out with heavy weights / playing hockey with just veggies & potatoes.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #447
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,806
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I honestly believe the typical bodybuilder is unhealthy. Their average diet is so restrictive and sometimes to the point of being ridiculous that it's almost guaranteed they are lacking vital nutrients & minerals.

I would eat strict primal if I didn't have a picky girlfriend, I'm confident I would feel fine working out with heavy weights / playing hockey with just veggies & potatoes.

I couldn't disagree more. It seems like you're taking a competitors pre-show eating habits and extrapolating them across the board.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 03-18-2013 at 02:01 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #448
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I couldn't disagree more. It seems like you're taking a competitors pre-show eating habits and extrapolating them across the board.
I meant the "aspiring" bodybuilder, moreso than professional ones. The average frequenter of bodybuilding.com

One who avoids saturated fat and most fats in general (and therefore eats only 99% boneless skinless chicken breast for food protein). High use of supplements, milk, refined and processed foods like quick oats, cereal, bread, pasta (I'm guilty of this too). After all it's very hard to fit in 6 meals a day composed of wholesome cooked foods unless you do it for a living.

My opinion of course, and our idea of healthy may be different as well.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #449
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I couldn't disagree more. It seems like you're taking a competitors pre-show eating habits and extrapolating them across the board.
don't the numbers speak for themselves. As far as I know, and may be wrong, most competitive body builders aren't living until 75-80 years old.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #450
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,806
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I meant the "aspiring" bodybuilder, moreso than professional ones. The average frequenter of bodybuilding.com

One who avoids saturated fat and most fats in general (and therefore eats only 99% boneless skinless chicken breast for food protein). High use of supplements, milk, refined and processed foods like quick oats, cereal, bread, pasta (I'm guilty of this too). After all it's very hard to fit in 6 meals a day composed of wholesome cooked foods unless you do it for a living.

My opinion of course, and our idea of healthy may be different as well.

They avoid saturated fat "in large quantities" (...and there is nothing wrong with that). As for the refined food argument, I honestly believe that it's a wash. It wasn't up until recently that everybody jumped on the refined food bandwagon. What is your definition of healthy? I can't imagine that our definitions would differ that greatly.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
don't the numbers speak for themselves. As far as I know, and may be wrong, most competitive body builders aren't living until 75-80 years old.
You seriously can't be using that flawed argument.................can you? I mean, with the cocktail(s) of drugs those guys use on a regular basis, that would surely skew those results.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 03-18-2013 at 03:23 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #451
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
They avoid saturated fat "in large quantities" (...and there is nothing wrong with that). As for the refined food argument, I honestly believe that it's a wash. It wasn't up until recently that everybody jumped on the refined food bandwagon. What is your definition of healthy?





You seriously can't be using that flawed argument.................can you? I mean, with the cocktail(s) of drugs those guys use on a regular basis, that would surely skew those results.
I was including that. Not diet alone. Maybe I missed the point of the discussion.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #452
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
My definition of healthy is simply to eat the way nature intended... A diet that focuses on eliminating pesticides, chemicals, and processed foods as best as possible!
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #453
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
What a great finish to an awesome week eating and working out wise.

Went up in weights across the board despite eating 150g of carbs or less and at a calorie deficit

Warmups excluded

Deadlifts

315x5
315x4

Overhead press

125x5
115x6
105x7

Chin-ups
8
5
3

Pendlay rows
95x8
95x8
95x8

Ate perfect all week, hit calories and macros from awesome food.

Monday - legs
Tuesday - hot yoga
Wednesday - chest
Thursday - hockey
Friday - back

If I keep this up I should hit goals quicker than I expect
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #454
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I have hockey tonight... playoff game vs no.1 seed. So taking it seriously.

Long story short... my m3 had driver window smashed overnight sunday and they luckily just stole a pair of sunglasses, and it isn't getting fixed until monday so I am carpooling with the gf...

it is her workout day today, I'd rather not go to gym and fatigue myself but don't have much choice.

need to kill 60 minutes in the gym, without fatiguing myself for hockey. heavy weightlifting is out of the question, I was thinking a conditioning type exercise to 'warm' me up for hockey.

anyone know a good "cf wod style" that will get my heart rate up without fatiguing my muscles too much? A bodyweight for time style?

I was thinking of just doing bodyweight exercises, considering that wouldn't destroy my muscle glycogen stores.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #455
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I have hockey tonight... playoff game vs no.1 seed. So taking it seriously.

Long story short... my m3 had driver window smashed overnight sunday and they luckily just stole a pair of sunglasses, and it isn't getting fixed until monday so I am carpooling with the gf...

it is her workout day today, I'd rather not go to gym and fatigue myself but don't have much choice.

need to kill 60 minutes in the gym, without fatiguing myself for hockey. heavy weightlifting is out of the question, I was thinking a conditioning type exercise to 'warm' me up for hockey.

anyone know a good "cf wod style" that will get my heart rate up without fatiguing my muscles too much? A bodyweight for time style?

I was thinking of just doing bodyweight exercises, considering that wouldn't destroy my muscle glycogen stores.
Almost every wod I can think of is designed to beat you down. Just so some light jogging, push ups, pull ups and stuff like that. And all that glycogen stores talk makes me think you really do over think this stuff sometimes lol. It sounds like you have a meter that you have to watch.

Last edited by DylloS; 03-27-2013 at 12:21 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #456
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
haha man all I know is I did my squat workout about 4 hours before I had a hockey game, and it was hands down my worst performance of the year. Scientifically speaking I had no glycogen... laymans speaking I was fking gassed.

Can't afford to let that happen... I've got a legit full body routine just with bodyweight that I'll do I guess
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #457
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
haha man all I know is I did my squat workout about 4 hours before I had a hockey game, and it was hands down my worst performance of the year. Scientifically speaking I had no glycogen... laymans speaking I was fking gassed.

Can't afford to let that happen... I've got a legit full body routine just with bodyweight that I'll do I guess
Yea you might as well do that. I wouldn't go nuts if I had a game
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #458
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
between having a midterm, final, and two assignments over the weekend + not having my car, I haven't been to the gym since last wednesday. I decided to make the best of the situation, and have been eating to maintenance for two weeks to get my body used to a set point, and not just go immediately from eating 3000/2500 calories a day to 2000/1500. Healthy as always, minus a thin crust papa johns on sunday night and utter binge drinking saturday night after watching an NHL game.

Have playoff hockey tonight, and will be back at it starting tomorrow... thinking squats workout thursday, chest w/o friday, and deadlifts w/o sunday.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #459
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Goddamn it felt good to get back in the gym after working a 60 hour week.

Felt slightly weak but I think it was from lack of sleep due to work. Numbers don't really reflect that anyways

Deadlifts

320x5
295x6

Overhead Press

120x5
115x6
105x6

Chin-ups
8
7
4

Seated Cable Rows
140x8
140x8
140x8

I ditched the pendlay rows because I found after deads and chin-ups my forearms were so weak that I was getting a really weird (not good) feeling running up them rowing, like I was ****ing up a tendon or something.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #460
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
That's a pretty good dead. I can't do 320x5
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use