E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #261
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Greg, I just saw one of my idiot friends spend like $130 on some Skins compression pants. What is the difference?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #262
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Greg, I just saw one of my idiot friends spend like $130 on some Skins compression pants. What is the difference?
Skins doesn't have as much compression and he may be a little faster since his wallet will be lighter

In all honestly though, there's not a whole lot of difference besides price. They sell all their stuff through retail locations which usually has a 100% markup at least. They also sponsor a ton of athletes which costs big money.

They offer a lot of different lines too wjereas we just have one standard line.

He wont be disappointed though, they make nice stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #263
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Skins doesn't have as much compression and he may be a little faster since his wallet will be lighter

In all honestly though, there's not a whole lot of difference besides price. They sell all their stuff through retail locations which usually has a 100% markup at least. They also sponsor a ton of athletes which costs big money.

They offer a lot of different lines too wjereas we just have one standard line.

He wont be disappointed though, they make nice stuff.

Thanks dude. He told me he paid 60 on amazon. I told him to let me know if he ever wants to order some more stuff.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #264
Glight

Quote:
Thanks dude. He told me he paid 60 on amazon. I told him to let me know if he ever wants to order some more stuff.
Great buy at $60.00

Old 03-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #265
DylloS

Is that post a pic in spun gear give away still going on? I'm doing 13.2 tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #266
Glight

Quote:
Is that post a pic in spun gear give away still going on? I'm doing 13.2 tomorrow.
I think 3 people already posted. Post a pic though, we will send you a returned item.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #267
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
I think 3 people already posted. Post a pic though, we will send you a returned item.

Wait, whats this about?
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #268
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
Wait, whats this about?
We had a thing going where the first three people that posted a pic to our Facebook Page of them doing 13.2 with a piece of iur gear on got a free pair of socks.

I told Mike that promotion was over but I would send him something from our return bin if he posted a pic in our gear doing 13.2 tomorrow. I'll do the same for you if you post something.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #269
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Forgive my ignorance, but I assume 13.2 is something crossfit related?

(we can take this to PM's if you want, I don't mean to whore up your thread)
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #270
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but I assume 13.2 is something crossfit related?

(we can take this to PM's if you want, I don't mean to whore up your thread)
Yep. It's the second workout of the crossfit open. You can check out the workouts at games . cross fit . com

Old 03-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #271
DylloS

Quote:

Oh damn I didn't know. I checked earlier and didn't see. Maybe I missed it. Either way ill do it. Thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #272
ruan916

My Ride: 2002 325i

Will the socks help with dead lifts? I hate the feeling of the bar going up my shin. I'm not sure why either.
ruan916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #273
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruan916 View Post

Will the socks help with dead lifts? I hate the feeling of the bar going up my shin. I'm not sure why either.
Definitely helps prevent scraping. The black with grey are best for that purpose since they have some double layering on the front.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #274
ruan916

My Ride: 2002 325i
cool. thanks. will be ordering some stuff over the weekend.
ruan916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #275
J.DoubleU.O.

My Ride: ...
Greg, looking for some honest feedback. I'm dealing with really, really bad sciatica in my left leg. It's problematic from the top of my ass to a couple inches below my knee, mostly in 3 main areas (mid left flute, just above my knee joint on the outside of my leg and just below on the outside, near the tendons). I know pressure seems to help alleviate some of the pain, so I was wondering if you thought compression shorts/pants and socks could realistically help. I refuse to let it keep me from the gym and working out, but sometimes it really, really hurts like a motherfvcker and I'm looking for anything that will help, even if just a little.
J.DoubleU.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #276
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.DoubleU.O. View Post
Greg, looking for some honest feedback. I'm dealing with really, really bad sciatica in my left leg. It's problematic from the top of my ass to a couple inches below my knee, mostly in 3 main areas (mid left flute, just above my knee joint on the outside of my leg and just below on the outside, near the tendons). I know pressure seems to help alleviate some of the pain, so I was wondering if you thought compression shorts/pants and socks could realistically help. I refuse to let it keep me from the gym and working out, but sometimes it really, really hurts like a motherfvcker and I'm looking for anything that will help, even if just a little.
Tough to say. Our stuff does have a medically measurable level of compression but it is mostly to promote blood flow and other things right near the surface. I'm no sciatica expert so it's tough to say, but I can't see our stuff making a huge difference in this instance. If you want to give it a try you just request a prepaid return mailer in the order notes when you place an order and we'll gladly accept a return and give you a full refund even if you've worn the stuff 10 times to try it out to see if it helps.

I could see the socks potentially having enough compression to help, but that's the wrong part of the leg unfortunately.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #277
J.DoubleU.O.

My Ride: ...
Quote:
Tough to say. Our stuff does have a medically measurable level of compression but it is mostly to promote blood flow and other things right near the surface. I'm no sciatica expert so it's tough to say, but I can't see our stuff making a huge difference in this instance. If you want to give it a try you just request a prepaid return mailer in the order notes when you place an order and we'll gladly accept a return and give you a full refund even if you've worn the stuff 10 times to try it out to see if it helps.

I could see the socks potentially having enough compression to help, but that's the wrong part of the leg unfortunately.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I'll have to order some gear and give it a shot. The socks would would work, as my sciatica extends from my foot/Achilles all the way up to my lower back. My leg has been so painful the last couple days I can barely walk and slept about 2 hours Weds night, not at all last night.

Last edited by J.DoubleU.O.; 03-29-2013 at 08:22 AM.
J.DoubleU.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #278
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.DoubleU.O. View Post
I'll have to order some gear and give it a shot. The socks would would work, as my sciatica extends from my foot/Achilles all the way up to my lower back. My leg has been so painful the last couple says I can barely walk and slept about 2 hours Weds night, not at all last night.
I love how the socks feel man. There literally isn't a time when I workout and don't wear some spun gear. If only my youtube channel was more popular, Greg. sorry I can't help more lol.