E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BC, AB, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

BC, AB, Saskatchewan, Manitoba
Find other members from your area in the enthusist directory.
AB BC Saskatchewan Manitoba

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #21
Timsta

My Ride: 09 E63 M6 SB
Send a message via ICQ to Timsta Send a message via AIM to Timsta Send a message via MSN to Timsta Send a message via Yahoo to Timsta
the boys at nixon are great.. so are the guys at CG motorsports

Retired:

Officially 100% parted out the M3.
Timsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #22
thefys

My Ride: 325XI
Nixon Automotive replaced my rear window regulator and (I believe) they tore up the vapor barier. When I got the car back I didn't notice it but a while later, it leaked. I fixed it myself and then it occurred to me I had taken in my car for a window regulator fix.

Now it's entirely possible there was a tear in the vapor barier before they fixed it, but if that was the case, I would expect them to tell me and replace it then. Finding it a year later is just bad news.

3M or Avery Tape?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518716

Angel Eyes Wiring Harness questions/aftermarket etc
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...94#post6941294

See my M E L T E D DEPOS !!!!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=525961

Last edited by thefys; 03-27-2013 at 07:19 PM.
thefys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #23
Hockeyguy02

My Ride: E46 m3
I have dealt with them a few times. Good guys. As far as I know they won't install aftermarket items unless they supply the parts I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. They told me they wouldn't install headers unless they supplied them.

CarbonBlackCinnamon
30% Tint/Black Grilles And Gills/CF Wrapped Trim/MeganRacingExhaust/DepoSmokedCorners
Hockeyguy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:32 AM   #24
swoobies

My Ride: '03 M3
^that's correct, they won't install anything unless they supply the parts (regardless of whether its OEM or not)
swoobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #25
Hockeyguy02

So best place to get headers suspension ect put on ?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #26
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
They are ok, cheaper than stealership. For basic stuff like headers and suspension any independent Euro shop will be just fine and even cheaper.
What part of the city?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #27
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy02 View Post
So best place to get headers suspension ect put on ?
Advance Automotive in Richmond was great to deal with for my alignment, and I've heard they perform suspension installs for a good price.
taylor192 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #28
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
I have dealt with them a few times. Good guys. As far as I know they won't install aftermarket items unless they supply the parts I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. They told me they wouldn't install headers unless they supplied them.
A LOT of places are like this. When I needed to finish a job on my GF's Volvo (having already bought the part yet unable to DIY) it was tough to find a place to install customer supplied parts.

Many shops are afraid you'll find the shop at fault if the part breaks soon after. If the shop gets the part they can deal with the supplier about the part quality and come up with a deal for the customer to right the situation.
taylor192 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #29
Hockeyguy02

I'm in maple ridge but willing to drive for a good shop
Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #30
lab rat

I deal with Euro Otto in PoCo. Very experienced guy. For custom stuff like methanol kit, exhausts I go to custom metalcraft across the street ftom Otto. Those guys did the subframe reinforcement for me. About $800 compared to $2k quote I got from Nixon.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #31
///M Powerd

My Ride: 2003.5 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
I deal with Euro Otto in PoCo. Very experienced guy. For custom stuff like methanol kit, exhausts I go to custom metalcraft across the street ftom Otto. Those guys did the subframe reinforcement for me. About $800 compared to $2k quote I got from Nixon.
Wow 800 for a subframe reinforcement? Did that include new bushings and an alignment?

2003.5 M3 Coupe. Jet Black/Black Nappa/Full CF Trim
Eisenmann Race 83MM Bilstein PSS10 Michelin PSS Powerflex RTABs/FCABs
///M Powerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #32
lab rat

No, just labour.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #33
Hockeyguy02

I recently got a quote from cg Motorsport for an inspection 2 with valve adjustment and all fluid changed except brake and coolant. For 1,435$. I'm gunna shoot a quick email over to Nixon and euro Otto and compare. I like to think once I have it inspected I can tackle all the items 1 by 1 myself. Does that seem like a decent price ?

CarbonBlackCinnamon
30% Tint/Black Grilles And Gills/CF Wrapped Trim/MeganRacingExhaust/DepoSmokedCorners
Old 04-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #34
///M Powerd

My Ride: 2003.5 M3 Coupe
Quote:
I recently got a quote from cg Motorsport for an inspection 2 with valve adjustment and all fluid changed except brake and coolant. For 1,435$. I'm gunna shoot a quick email over to Nixon and euro Otto and compare. I like to think once I have it inspected I can tackle all the items 1 by 1 myself. Does that seem like a decent price ?
Seems reasonable to me. About 500-600 for valve adjustment, 200 for oil change, OEM diff fluid is expensive, I'd say about 400 for that job so that's about 1200 bucks plus 200 for the other items on the inspection 2 checklist.

Why are you concerned about price if you are going to do it yourself?
///M Powerd is offline   Reply With Quote