E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #4801
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325adam View Post
trj,

I saw that you posted a bit in the headlight retrofit thread. Did you ever get your headlight retrofit isntalled? I am buying new bulbs and lenses and I will be ready for install.
I am running OEM bixenons on halogen housings. Yah I did the retrofit. My ballasts are aftermarket though. Only projectors and inner bowls are oe retrofit. Then I had to code the lcm to accept the xenons.
Hit me up if you need any help.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #4802
terdwrassler

My Ride: 2002 330XI
Yo TRJ I've gotten the same SES code twice this week. P1352 misfire at start cyclinder 6. You think it's the plugs? It doesn't ever misfire the code will just pop up from time to time.
terdwrassler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #4803
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by terdwrassler View Post
Yo TRJ I've gotten the same SES code twice this week. P1352 misfire at start cyclinder 6. You think it's the plugs? It doesn't ever misfire the code will just pop up from time to time.
Since its just in one cylinder I'd start with the plugs. Just switch the plugs and see if the code follows to other cylinder. Then might be swap coils to see of follows with the swap.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #4804
tacomeat1

My Ride: '05 M3 Carbon Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by da Vinci View Post
Does anyone in Denver have Apex ARC-8 wheels in Antracite or Hyper Black?

I would like to see the colors in person. Anthracite looks a little brownish in many of the pictures and that does not seem like it would go with the slightly blueish tint of Titanium Silver.
Just got mine on today, not a great pic, pm me if you want to see them in person maybe we can set something up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apexroofsml.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	496547  
tacomeat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #4805
da Vinci

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Thank you Taco, I went ahead and ordered them. Where did you get yours, from APEX directly?

Click here for my Build Thread
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

da Vinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #4806
tacomeat1

Quote:
Thank you Taco, I went ahead and ordered them. Where did you get yours, from APEX directly?
Yeah, did you miss the group buy? What did you end up with?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #4807
da Vinci

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
17x9 Anthracite ARC-8's. We have an account with Apex. Due to a weird timing thing, I ended up with only two wheels and have to wait another couple months to complete the set. I have another customer waiting for a set of the same wheels. I had already mounted and balanced the two expecting two more on the way when I found out. I have the APEX on one side of the car and my old wheels on the other.

Click here for my Build Thread
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

da Vinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #4808
tacomeat1

Quote:
17x9 Anthracite ARC-8's. We have an account with Apex. Due to a weird timing thing, I ended up with only two wheels and have to wait another couple months to complete the set. I have another customer waiting for a set of the same wheels. I had already mounted and balanced the two expecting two more on the way when I found out. I have the APEX on one side of the car and my old wheels on the other.
For real? That's hilarious. And tragic. Where do you work?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #4809
delirium45

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
check out this thread that I had going a little while ago

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=437534

It seems like Flossman makes the lightest and highest quality ones, but they're very expensive. I have been told that basically anything sold by a dealer is made and china and of extremely questionable quality. If you're open minded about buying used, Vorsteiner is always pretty good. the ones that I've seen dont fit exactly perfect along the fender, but maybe it was an alignment issue. They're not very light but at least they wont break.
thanks for the info.
i'm not that concerned about weight (as long as it doesn't weigh more than stock), i just need it for the venting.

2011 Rocky Mountain Region GTS4 champion & "Rookie of the Year"
2012 Rocky Mountain Region GTS3 champion
Thanks Sponsors: SCR Performance & Built-by-Bones
delirium45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #4810
ZemogFC3S

My Ride: '02 330xi
Does anyone know of dismantlers/ junk yards with E46es? I need one stupid piece of interior wood trim.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #4811
trj

Fellows, do you know(recommend) any shops for diagnosis for our cars? I have a weird grinding noise from rear driver's side wheel. Checked the rotors, pads, changed the parking brake shoes and still the noise remains.
I am thinking its the rear bearing. But I would like to get it checked and possibly changed at the same shop. I don't have tools or patience to remove the axle and change out the bearing.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #4812
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZemogFC3S View Post
Does anyone know of dismantlers/ junk yards with E46es? I need one stupid piece of interior wood trim.
I think you pull and pay at aurora has a e46 coupe. My friend got said they had one preface coupe. But don't know if the trim is there.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #4813
DenverSooner

My Ride: 2014 328d xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
Fellows, do you know(recommend) any shops for diagnosis for our cars? I have a weird grinding noise from rear driver's side wheel. Checked the rotors, pads, changed the parking brake shoes and still the noise remains.
I am thinking its the rear bearing. But I would like to get it checked and possibly changed at the same shop. I don't have tools or patience to remove the axle and change out the bearing.
Eurotech Automotive, out near Colorado Mills. Ernie has been working on Bimmers for 30+ years and can fix anything fast and very reasonably priced. They even have loaner cars. I've used them a few times when the problem is too big for me to handle. Here is there number (303) 279-1989. Good luck!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #4814
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSooner View Post
Eurotech Automotive, out near Colorado Mills. Ernie has been working on Bimmers for 30+ years and can fix anything fast and very reasonably priced. They even have loaner cars. I've used them a few times when the problem is too big for me to handle. Here is there number (303) 279-1989. Good luck!
Thanks man, I will give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get the car looked at.
Rear driver's wheel is making crazy noise.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #4815
E46@46

My Ride: 2003 325xiT
Quote:
I've used Paddock Imports off 6th and I-25. BMW Indy shop. I used them for a front axle that I didn't want to DIY.
E46@46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #4816
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46@46 View Post
I've used Paddock Imports off 6th and I-25. BMW Indy shop. I used them for a front axle that I didn't want to DIY.
Thanks I will check them out as well. They will be nearer to me, so I will call both shops to get a quote. I helped terdwassler with his xi front axle, but bearings are whole different story it looks like. Not sure if its the bearings yet though.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #4817
trj

Have an appointment at Eurotech tomorrow, got the wheel bearing checked by a local mechanic on a lift. He says its not the wheel bearing but the bushings and shock mounts. I was there too in the car, on the lift. There was no noise from the wheels while on the lift.

Shall I still go to Eurotech or trust this local mechanic and change the RTABs, and RSMs. Just ordered coil overs, because my rear shocks are leaking. So, trying to get all of them at once.

Also does anyone have a set of 10mm spacers lying around, I will be needing a pair for front to install the coilovers. Or does anyone know where to get them locally with the extended bolts?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #4818
325adam

My Ride: 02 330i
Quote:
Have an appointment at Eurotech tomorrow, got the wheel bearing checked by a local mechanic on a lift. He says its not the wheel bearing but the bushings and shock mounts. I was there too in the car, on the lift. There was no noise from the wheels while on the lift.

Shall I still go to Eurotech or trust this local mechanic and change the RTABs, and RSMs. Just ordered coil overs, because my rear shocks are leaking. So, trying to get all of them at once.

Also does anyone have a set of 10mm spacers lying around, I will be needing a pair for front to install the coilovers. Or does anyone know where to get them locally with the extended bolts?
How well do you know this mechanic? If he knows what he is doing and close, you should be able to get it done. Ernie is very good and helpful.
325adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #4819
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325adam View Post
How well do you know this mechanic? If he knows what he is doing and close, you should be able to get it done. Ernie is very good and helpful.

I know him pretty well. He has worked on my car before too. I had him replace the thermostat when I broke the water pump pulley and upper radiator hose when I tried to DIY without the fan clutch tool.
His brother drives an e46 m3 and the other brother drives e46 328. I am sure he knows what he is doing. I have seen a lot of VWs in his shop too.

I was in the car when he put in the lift to check the noise so I am pretty sure he is not BSing me. But the noise I am getting is more like rotational noise and I have checked the brakes and parking brakes myself. When he said its not the bearing, I was pretty baffled that there is nothing else there except for the differential which could bring up a noise like that.

I am going to Ernie tomorrow to get it checked in any case. Coilovers are already ordered, so I want to do everything at once. I am going to do rear coils, RTABs and RSMs myself and get the fronts done at the shop. But I want to make sure what is causing that noise first.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #4820
wlmmn

My Ride: 02 330ci+05AudiAllro
I've always used Autosport Werks in Broomfield; funny how this community never mentions the shop, did they piss someone off at one point?

Tags
bmw exberts, colorado, denver, fifi, gaga ooh-la-la, kitty puuuuury, mile hi, more than you can afford, rolf, saint louis!, spee, steven was huuuurrr, steven's a girl eepsspee, toolberts, trebdesumanu, tuuuuuuuuuuuurbo awd?, vtec power