E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #101
KamPow3r
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
My Ride: ....
SOOOOOOOOO

Fake diplomas and transcript can potentially work? Haha. Just playing. Trying to get back on topic.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines..."
- Enzo Ferrari
KamPow3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #102
Dinan e36
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Griffin's Browser History
Posts: 386
My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
I guess he missed statistics class at bartending school.
__________________
Dinan e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #103
pancakes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: awesomeville
Posts: 86
My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r View Post
There are several sites that offer to create "Official Looking" College Degrees and of course I needed to come here with it. Has anyone ACTUALLY tried this and was able to get away with it? Personally, I don't need to take advantage of this because I already got legit diploma but this was brought up to my attention the other day and was curious if any other fellow members tried it out or know somebody else that has.

I am just curious if people tried this with their employer and were able to get away with it and have a pretty successful profession from it.
yeah... brought to your attention when you googled "fake college diploma"
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #104
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r View Post
There are several sites that offer to create "Official Looking" College Degrees and of course I needed to come here with it. Has anyone ACTUALLY tried this and was able to get away with it? Personally, I don't need to take advantage of this because I already got legit diploma but this was brought up to my attention the other day and was curious if any other fellow members tried it out or know somebody else that has.

I am just curious if people tried this with their employer and were able to get away with it and have a pretty successful profession from it.
Do you really think somebody who tried this and got away with this would openly admit it? On e46 OT?

Last edited by MDydinanM; 04-08-2013 at 05:32 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #105
KamPow3r
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
My Ride: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
yeah... brought to your attention when you googled "fake college diploma"
Actually one of my buddies mentioned it, that it was funny.. so I thought I would ask here. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
Do you really think somebody who tried this and got away with this would openly admit it? On e46 OT?
Sure why not? They don't have to expose information on where they work, their position, etc. Just a yes or no, I did it and got away with it. lol.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines..."
- Enzo Ferrari
KamPow3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #106
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r View Post
Sure why not? They don't have to expose information on where they work, their position, etc. Just a yes or no, I did it and got away with it. lol.
you must be an upstanding citizen...faking it till they make it

Last edited by MDydinanM; 04-08-2013 at 07:02 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #107
FadeToblack
Registered User
 
FadeToblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 107
My Ride: 2003 accord coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to FadeToblack
I attempted to verify an applicants college history before and had a very tough time doing so.

How do employers get written verification from a university? I gave up.
__________________
FadeToblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #108
MagicFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Annapolis MD
Posts: 33
My Ride: 2013 Subaru Legacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r View Post
SOOOOOOOOO

Fake diplomas and transcript can potentially work? Haha. Just playing. Trying to get back on topic.
I don't have a fake degree but it wouldn't surprise me that someone that's a computer whiz got a fake degree to land a IT job

I was listening to a morning show one day (HOT 99.5 in DC) and they asked the exact same question you're asking. Many anonymous people called in and admitted to it and said they still haven't gotten caught yet. One person actually got caught but because of the persons extensive knowledge of the job, they weren't fired.

IMO I wouldn't do it, but if your friend has to do it, make sure he gets a fake degree in a field that he has extensive knowledge in. And keep in the back of your mind that someone just might find out
__________________
MagicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #109
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
just thought this would be relevant in this thread:

Quote:
Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson is out after it was found he padded his resume with an embellished college degree, ending his term at the company after just four months...Thompson's resume scandal ignited just over a week ago, when activist shareholder group Third Point alleged that Thompson lied about details of his college degree.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/13/tech...-out/index.htm

Last edited by MDydinanM; 04-08-2013 at 07:19 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #110
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
just thought this would be relevant in this thread:



http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/13/tech...-out/index.htm
My question is, how was he as a CEO?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #111
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
My question is, how was he as a CEO?
no clue
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #112
andrewrossnagel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: nyc
Posts: 245
My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
no clue
out of work construction worker. worked his way up the corporate ladder
andrewrossnagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #113
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrossnagel View Post
out of work construction worker. worked his way up the corporate ladder
thanks, but that doesn't answer the question of how he was as a CEO.

Either way, in my opinion, it's irrelevant now.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 04-08-2013 at 07:37 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #114
andrewrossnagel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: nyc
Posts: 245
My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
thanks, but that doesn't answer the question of how he was as a CEO.

Either way, in my opinion, it's irrelevant now.
it shouldnt answer anything, it was a sarcastic joke. but since you care

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_T...n_(businessman)
andrewrossnagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #115
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrossnagel View Post
it shouldnt answer anything, it was a sarcastic joke. but since you care

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_T...n_(businessman)
nope, I really don't.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #116
KamPow3r
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
My Ride: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
you must be an upstanding citizen...faking it till they make it
If you read my post properly I was responding to somebody else mentioning, "even if they did why would they say it on here." With me responding to that comment how they don't have to give any detailed information, just that if they were able to actually get away with it. Thats all.

And my buddy isn't trying to do this, it was just a conversation that was broughten up about it and just thought I'd ask if anybody actually tried this out. Thats it.

I guess it is hard for people to read and comprehend what is being said on e46OT.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines..."
- Enzo Ferrari
KamPow3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #117
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,891
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Unless you are a professional (MD, JD, CPA, engineer, etc), the real one and the fake one have exactly the same value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Has there ever been a thread on this forum that mentioned college that didn't eventually wind up with this same pissing contest between college vs. no college?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Europeans are stoopid. They keep splitting countries, while being jealous of our powa. Of course the EU is good for them, but does that have any real power?

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #118
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r View Post
If you read my post properly I was responding to somebody else mentioning, "even if they did why would they say it on here." With me responding to that comment how they don't have to give any detailed information, just that if they were able to actually get away with it. Thats all.

And my buddy isn't trying to do this, it was just a conversation that was broughten up about it and just thought I'd ask if anybody actually tried this out. Thats it.

I guess it is hard for people to read and comprehend what is being said on e46OT.
ok, you got me... this time...

MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #119
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrossnagel View Post
it shouldnt answer anything, it was a sarcastic joke. but since you care

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_T...n_(businessman)
Don't know if he was a good CEO, but reading up about him, he seems like a very accomplished and driven individual.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #120
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeToblack View Post
I attempted to verify an applicants college history before and had a very tough time doing so.

How do employers get written verification from a university? I gave up.
You pay a service provider to perform the background check. Education verification is easier to get than some past employers, that's unless you went to the University of Pune.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use