E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #61
Cuttubus

My Ride: BMW & MINI
Nice thread Daniel! I've never seen those angels before either, very unique. Wish I could see them in person. I prefer the look when there on.

1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - SOLD
2006 BMW 325 ci - SOLD
2011 MINI Cooper S - SOLD
2012 MINI Coupe`S - DD
Cuttubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #62
Dan1el

My Ride: E46 320i '99
Send a message via MSN to Dan1el Send a message via Skype™ to Dan1el
Finally got the new steering wheel installed today. And what a difference in terms of feel!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #63
honkifyoubonk

My Ride: E 6666
Love the headlights man!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #64
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
Wheel looks good. Nice pickup!

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #65
JS330

My Ride: '01 330Ci 3 Pedals
Looks really really good, love it
JS330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #66
Dan1el

Thank you all!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #67
Hunter msport

My Ride: E46 320 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1el View Post
Finally got the new steering wheel installed today. And what a difference in terms of feel!

Do the multifunction stereo controls / volume work with the aftermarket headunit?
Hunter msport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #68
Dan1el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter msport View Post
Do the multifunction stereo controls / volume work with the aftermarket headunit?
Not out of the box, no. But Pioneer, Alpine and others make adapters to install between the wheel and the unit itself, for the buttons to work. I just can't be arsed buying one, since there is absolutely no room for it behind my headunit.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #69
Dan1el

Minor update..

As much as I love the look of the headlights, they are starting to get to me. When temperature here drops to around 0 deg. C or below, the motors for adjusting the headlights up/down really doesn't work very well. They can barely adjust up or down, sometimes adjusts unevenly and sometimes not at all. That leaves me either blinding every oncoming car, or having the headlights pointing straight down in the ground. I've struggled for nearly 5 months to have the shop swap them for a set of DEPO's or similar that works, and have yet to get it fixed. All they could do at the moment was give me another pair of the same headlights as they hoped that'd fix it, but it didn't.
I know OEM xenons would be numero uno, but the price for a set over here is bonkers. I had DEPO's prior to the ones at the moment, and they worked just fine.

I finally got my summer wheels on again two days ago, makes the car look so much more appealing

One minor issue, though. Car pulls ever so slightly to the right now. Checked brakes and everything in case something was stuck, but can't see anything.
I've had them stored at a friends house, and I'm pretty sure at least one of the wheels could have been standing up for a few months, rather than being stacked. Could it be one of the tires/wheels that's off from being packed away during the winter? I'm getting no rumble when driving as if some of the wheels have a flat spot from standing, though.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #70
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1el View Post

I did this retrofit when I had my '99 323i and have to say it was one of my favorite retrofits. The new wheel looks great in your car!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #71
Dan1el

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
I did this retrofit when I had my '99 323i and have to say it was one of my favorite retrofits. The new wheel looks great in your car!
Thanks!

Same here, I think it's the best spend mod-money so far, the feel is just superb compared to the old 4 spoke wheel.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #72
clehn8ok

My Ride: E46 328i
Send a message via ICQ to clehn8ok
hey

your steering wheel looks awesome, from where did you get it, and how much did you paid?

I am also thinking about a new steering wheel.
clehn8ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #73
Dan1el

Quote:
Originally Posted by clehn8ok View Post
hey

your steering wheel looks awesome, from where did you get it, and how much did you paid?

I am also thinking about a new steering wheel.
Hi,

I got it off eBay from an english seller, I paid around $550 for it. Prices might be hard to compare EU vs. US
Old 08-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #74
Dan1el

As much as I like my current headlights for the their different looks compared to everyone else here, it's time to let them go. The automatic headlight level adjust is utter crap and never works, leaving me with either headlights pointing straight up at times, or even pointing straight down in the ground. I've even had one pointing up and one down at the same time. The only way to avoid this was to unplug the level adjust and have the headlights correctly adjusted afterwards. Only problem is, that it won't pass our "MOT" here.

So, to replace them, I've opted for a pair of Projector46 Premium from Umnitza, with Orion V4 (6000k) preinstalled so it's just plug and play for my shop to install them. I've emailed back and forth a bit with Umnitza, and they were really helpful. I ordered the headlights a little week ago, so I'm really excited to get them. I hope it won't be too long
Old 09-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #75
Dan1el

Headlights arrived last week, and the shop just helped me with the last bit and install this morning.

Unfortunately the headlight level adjustment in the left headlight doesn't work at all, neither when turning on the car, nor when manually turning the adjuster on the headlight. There's hardly any resistance when turning the adjuster, so it's probably not even connected inside the headlight. I just emailed them, so now lets see what they can do. Sending the headlights back overseas will probably be way too expensive for them, so I'm very curious what they'll do.

Other than that, the angel eyes are crazy bright and look incredible!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	527946  
Old 09-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #76
Dan1el

Emailed back and forth with Umnitza again, and was told the piece with level adjustment is sometimes gets disconnected, but should be possible to pop back in for the level motor to work. Lense needs taken off, then it should be possible to push it back in by pressing between the high and low beams.

Got a new appointment at the shop for them to take a look at it, since I don't wanna mess with it on my own. Will probably cost a bit in labor, but at least they know what they're doing.

Really hope the headlight doesn't need to be send back overseas for a replacement.

Tags
denmark, e46