E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
Golf season + E46 Cabrio

I plan on using my BMW for my golf outings this summer.

Last year I got to take once or twice, but found my bag + cart a little big for the trunk.

I am thinking of changing my bag and cart, so what do you fellow E46 cabrio owners use for golf bags and carts?

Currently I have a Callaway cart bag, not huge but big, and a CaddyTek 13 push cart.
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
davecpa

My Ride: 2005 330CIC
This is why I love my E 46 Vert! My bag is always in the trunk. I use a Titleist carry bag, no cart. I have also carried 2 carry bags. Have to take the driver out of bag to fit, then driver goes in on top. I wouldn't own a car that won't carry my golf bag.
davecpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
The Thomas J

My Ride: 2002 325Cic
My clubs & bag take up the entire trunk wether the top is down or up. If I want to take someone else with me I have to take my 4runner

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Bimmer App

Last edited by The Thomas J; 04-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Nycscoobydan

My Ride: 330Cci
I would imagine worst case you could just throw the bag or whatever didnt fit in the trunk into the backseat. My clubs are usually hanging in the garage next to the car, so it would just be a matter of tossing them in the car and i'm on my way. But then again this may not be ideal if you are talking about having them in the trunk all the time in case you get an itch to go play. I personally am not that lucky.
Nycscoobydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
sgoetz628

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycscoobydan View Post
I would imagine worst case you could just throw the bag or whatever didnt fit in the trunk into the backseat. My clubs are usually hanging in the garage next to the car, so it would just be a matter of tossing them in the car and i'm on my way. But then again this may not be ideal if you are talking about having them in the trunk all the time in case you get an itch to go play. I personally am not that lucky.

Exactly. My bag easily fits in the trunk. Could add a second, if necessary. For the handcart, which can have all kinds of crap on the wheels, it goes in the back seat on top of my kid's old comforter. With the top down, which it always is when conditions are good for golf, it just lifts right in and out.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Poncho@home

Quote:
which can have all kinds of crap on the wheels
Yeah, I was thinking of making a carry bag for the cart, to keep all the garbage on the wheels out of my car. As it stands now both my current cart & bag fit into my trunk, I was just curious if there were anything more compact then what I have.

My cart fits under the convertible top storage area, then bag fit no problem.

I think I will make a carry pouch with a drawstring to keep my interior and/or trunk free of golf course residue left on my cart, especially early season, if it ever arrives!

Current view out my office window:

Old 04-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
sgoetz628

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho@home View Post
Yeah, I was thinking of making a carry bag for the cart, to keep all the garbage on the wheels out of my car. As it stands now both my current cart & bag fit into my trunk, I was just curious if there were anything more compact then what I have.

My cart fits under the convertible top storage area, then bag fit no problem.

I think I will make a carry pouch with a drawstring to keep my interior and/or trunk free of golf course residue left on my cart, especially early season, if it ever arrives!

Current view out my office window:

It doesn't take a lot of work to keep it nice over the years. Leather treatment on the drivers seat 2-3 times/year. Elsewhere as needed. BMW uses quality vinyl so it will last. Honestly, my interior looks almost brand new and I have much better things to do than clean my car. Golf comes to mind.

Good idea about the bag. It's amazing how much crap, especially animal sh*t, that gets on the wheels and the bottom of your golf bag.

And yeah, what's up with this gd weather? Thirty-seven and raining in Conn, versus 77 and sunny Monday. Not as bad as snow, but still, not so good for top down motoring. Or golf!

Enjoy
Old 04-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
Poncho@home

Very depressing weather for sure. I have have 2 new acquisitions since last fall, my convertible and my new Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter. I am jonesing to bring both out already!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
jbehr99

My Ride: 2005 330CI Vert ZHP
The trunk of my very easily holds 2 bags, I have to take the drivers out like one poster mentioned and put them either in the back seats of the vert or they will fit over the bags in the trunk.