E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #41
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
New York....

That is all. Brainwashed
Not all, there is a bunch of us. We had 25000+ people protesting at the state capital multiple times. Dont generalize us.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #42
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4lyfe View Post
i love this site.... Lol

so what's wrong with someone who owns a side by side 20 gauge, but doesn't feel the need to participate in all the chat about guns?

I don't live with a gun on my hip like some do, but i do own one for home defense.

Maybe you're right, perhaps all the lib media has crept into my brain... Maybe i watch the news too much.

I never said i was going to vote for that policy, or even that it was right, at first glance i compared it to car insurance....so i made a couple stupid comments...

Give it a rest guys / your points been made, bimmer4lyfe said something dumb....

Really, i just hang out here mostly for a few tips on our cars and the occasional chuckle or eye candy in ot ....

This site is kinda like entertainment for me mostly- so, i'll go back to the lol thread where i belong now...k.
sheep
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #43
customisbetter

My Ride: 02 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Here's what it all boils down to, and why people need to be paying attention to anti-gun legislation:
Guns are guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment for the purpose of "the security of a free state". The design of the Bill of Rights was to limit the government, not the people. It outlined what the Government was not allowed to do. The intent of each amendment has a historical and logical reason. The 2nd Amendment was created to ensure that the citizenry always have recourse to ensure the US remained free. This is not because of external invasion, but to prevent a tyrranical government. They needed guns to overthrow Britain, and guns were kept as a right to keep the people free from the new government.
Every time a gun control measure is proposed, it's a further infringement that cuts a little bit deeper into that amendment, and if it keeps going, it'll eventually pierce the heart and kill the amendment. If we have no guns, what is our recourse should someone decide that A.) the President can be president for life, and B.) Americans are subject to international rule by the UN council (among other scenarios). The problem here is that these two things, and other measures that directly violate out Constitution, are currently being proposed by actual American elected officials.

This is why insurance is such a bad idea. It's an encroachment. People today see the poll tax for what it was - suppression of freedom. It just amazes me why not everyone sees this gun "insurance" thing as the same thing.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #44
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Not all, there is a bunch of us. We had 25000+ people protesting at the state capital multiple times. Dont generalize us.
Honestly, the state of NY isn't full retard. The people of the state of NY are generally good people with a brain. The problem is, New York CITY runs the entire state. All the full retards here dictate, vote, and legislate, dragging down the entire thing. Too bad really, NY has some awesome palaces outside the city.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #45
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Ones that might actually own guns but make statements like his.

And.... "Im an absolute supporter of the 2nd amendment... Hunting is great"

Or... "We need to protect our right to bear arms by registering them and enacting other common sense laws!"
You sound exactly like our governor.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #46
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
You sound exactly like our governor.
I didn't make the quotes up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #47
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I love hearing "I support the second amendment, but..."

Old 04-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #48
dan03833

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZY BMW View Post
Heres the next attack on lawful gun owners. You must purchase liability insurance or face $10k fine per firearm.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/03/de...tting-threats/

Without gun registration, there should be no record of who owns what. How can they impose a fine for something they shouldn't know you have?
dan03833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #49
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan03833 View Post
Without gun registration, there should be no record of who owns what. How can they impose a fine for something they shouldn't know you have?
Don't you just love backdoor laws? Make the insurance thing a law, and registration is done by default. It would be your responsibility you tell your insurance company what you have, and somewhere buried in that legislation will be a clause stating the insurance company has to submit the information to the feds. Bingo, backdoor registration.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #50
HiHoBrian

My Ride: 05 M3
Why not a $10k fine for a CRIMINAL who commits a felony crime with any weapon? Or maybe you could put the criminal in jail that is already taxpayer funded. These proposals are so distorted it becoming increasingly difficult to come up with witty snide remarks about them. They are crazy and nonsensical enough on thier own.

Many of our representatives appear like they are no longer of the people,for the people,by the people.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 04-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #51
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
i agree. a lot of new yorkers (real new yorkers, not liberal city assholes) do not support the SAFE act or anti-gun legislation. NY's trouble is that the city generally dictates the policy for the state.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #52
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
i agree. a lot of new yorkers (real new yorkers, not liberal city assholes) do not support the SAFE act or anti-gun legislation. NY's trouble is that the city generally dictates the policy for the state.
In NY, the only thing I'm liberal on is extra mustard on my pastrami sandwiches.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #53
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
^
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #54
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
In NY, the only thing I'm liberal on is extra mustard on my pastrami sandwiches.