E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #161
pointman

My Ride: .
NFRs, don't bother. They aren't from here. They won't understand. The ones so "pro cop" are either cops, or have one in their family. You wasting your time.
pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #162
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Just keep your mouth shut and do as you're told huh?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/18...est=latestnews

Some of you are in for a RUDE awakening one day. BTW, the ONLY reason the cop got into hot water is that the incident was caught on tape. If there were no cameras or witnesses, the cop would have probably arrested the guy for disorderly, and when the victim protested, he would have added resisting to boot. Happens hundreds of times a day (maybe thousands) to innocent people, but only a fraction of those incidents are brought to light.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 04-18-2013 at 08:19 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #163
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Just keep your mouth shut and do as you're told huh?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/18...est=latestnews

Some of you are in for a RUDE awakening one day. BTW, the ONLY reason the cop got into hot water is that the incident was caught on tape. If there were no cameras or witnesses, the cop would have probably arrested the guy for disorderly, and when the victim protested, he would have added resisting to boot. Happens hundreds of times a day (maybe thousands) to innocent people, but only a fraction of those incidents are brought to light.
Too much power, not enough brains. Hell, the 60 something year old idiot alabama fan who poisoned the trees at Auburn was a retired state trooper.

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow

Last edited by mattcarle21; 04-18-2013 at 08:24 PM.
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #164
CortinaD

My Ride: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
NYC cops are poorly educated, with the attitudes to match. The standards to become a cop are way too low for the power they wield. Period.
Who in their right mind would want to be a cop with the way they get treated by the public?
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #165
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
Who in their right mind would want to be a cop with the way they get treated by the public?
Two way street. Most become cops to uphold the constitution and serve their communities. Some however, become cops because they want the power.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #166
nike001

My Ride: Fergo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin123 View Post
Who the f walks around with a rifle, he had it coming.
Wow, 8 pages in and I find the most ignorant post yet.

Educate yourself.

330i ZHP 6MT | H&R Sport Cup | BMW Performance | OEM Clears | Coby Wheel
nike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #167
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
NYC cops are poorly educated, with the attitudes to match. The standards to become a cop are way too low for the power they wield. Period.
so what would be your solution? i'm 100% in agreement that high standards should be set.
what would you do to attract more educated, more capable and competent individuals to the career field?

more pay? more benefits? better retirement? education incentives (and how much for education)?

^ DD.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #168
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
so what would be your solution? i'm 100% in agreement that high standards should be set.
what would you do to attract more educated, more capable and competent individuals to the career field?

more pay? more benefits? better retirement? education incentives (and how much for education)?
None of that is necessary. NYPD cops actually make a lot of money after a few years of service. To solve the problem is actually VERY simple. Extremely harsh punishments. Pension deductions/complete forfeiture, personal financial liability lawsuits, and mandatory prison sentences. Boom, police corruption/incompetence will drop by 90%. For example, in this particular case, the cop would be liable financially if the civil suit awards the victim money. There is no reason why a police department/taxpayers need to foot the bill for some powertrippy douche and his antics, furthermore, 3 months in jail (along with being fired) for violating his oath to the constitution and assaulting an innocent person. With harsh punishments come results. Oh, and one more thing, all police must have personal liability insurance like security guards.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 04-18-2013 at 09:48 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #169
nike001

My Ride: Fergo
NFRs2000nyc taking this thread over! I've agreed with nearly everything he has posted.

Last post = +1,000,000,000

330i ZHP 6MT | H&R Sport Cup | BMW Performance | OEM Clears | Coby Wheel
nike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #170
pointman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
The guy who barely finished high school, and couldn't do anything else. It came down to being a cop or working at Staples. But with being a cop, they can be on an ego trip and not get punched in the face for it.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #171
pointman

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post

Benefits are already outstanding. Solution? Raise the standards in all aspects, physical and education. Make it a desirable job that is harder to obtain. If that is done, I am all for paying them accordingly.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #172
pointman

Quote:
None of that is necessary. NYPD cops actually make a lot of money after a few years of service. To solve the problem is actually VERY simple. Extremely harsh punishments. Pension deductions/complete forfeiture, personal financial liability lawsuits, and mandatory prison sentences. Boom, police corruption/incompetence will drop by 90%. For example, in this particular case, the cop would be liable financially if the civil suit awards the victim money. There is no reason why a police department/taxpayers need to foot the bill for some powertrippy douche and his antics, furthermore, 3 months in jail (along with being fired) for violating his oath to the constitution and assaulting an innocent person. With harsh punishments come results. Oh, and one more thing, all police must have personal liability insurance like security guards.
You're from Short Hills. I'm from Alpine. So we share much in common. Our areas, cops make a killing. NYPD, they really don't, especially after a few years.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #173
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Benefits are already outstanding. Solution? Raise the standards in all aspects, physical and education. Make it a desirable job that is harder to obtain. If that is done, I am all for paying them accordingly.
Doesn't solve the problem. More pay and higher education don't hold people accountable.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #174
pointman

Quote:
Doesn't solve the problem. More pay and higher education don't hold people accountable.
Holding them accountable, you addressed. Making a police officer accountable for his abuse of power by making punishments even more extreme than that of the common citizen, would go very far.

And as far as what I said about raising standards, it too would eliminate much of the issue of holding cops accountable. Right now seeing 5' tall, 5' wide females with 3" nails waddle out of a squad car.. as a representative of their municipality to "Protect and Serve" is beyond laughable. If a cop speaks ebonics, its an issue.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #175
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Holding them accountable, you addressed. Making a police officer accountable for his abuse of power by making punishments even more extreme than that of the common citizen, would go very far.

And as far as what I said about raising standards, it too would eliminate much of the issue of holding cops accountable. Right now seeing 5' tall, 5' wide females with 3" nails waddle out of a squad car.. as a representative of their municipality to "Protect and Serve" is beyond laughable. If a cop speaks ebonics, its an issue.
Agreed. Full retard, and people wonder why.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-b...6#.UXCq6Kt4Y2o
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #176
mattcarle21

Quote:
Agreed. Full retard, and people wonder why.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-b...6#.UXCq6Kt4Y2o
That's weird, but I can honestly see their point. I know I would get pretty bored with it.

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
Old 04-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #177
mattcarle21

As for the education. There could be a program like tuition reimbursement for the military. Yes, it would add money to tax dollars, but if taken seriously could change the overall quality of police behavior. If every precinct stressed the importance of getting higher education and had small incentives in rank or pay for completing it, it's possible attitudes could change over time.

Last edited by mattcarle21; 04-19-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #178
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
i'm 100% for raising the standard, but when you do that, you're going to need to up the pay to attract better applicants.

^ DD.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote