E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:33 AM   #101
SimSima93

My Ride: 2005 330ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by moiz21 View Post
Hopefully someone has run across this issue before. I have had a dice unit hooked up via the trunk for a year now. Last night it just cut out. I have disconnected the unit and the battery for several hours to no avail. I have also pulled fuses 41 and 7 to check even though I dont have navigation. Any suggestions on what I can check next? Any other fuses or possible issues that could affect the unit? The head unit doesnt even recognize that something is hooked up to the cd changer connections in the trunk anymore. I'm starting to believe the dice unit isn't working anymore.
I have the same exact problem and I have been searching the forums with no luck..
After using my dice module in my 330ci for over a year now with no problems, it suddenly stopped working. It still charges my iphone but the BMW just skips from radio to cd without connecting to the module. Sometimes it does connect but only for about 20 seconds with no song playing then it suddenly cuts out again. I checked all my wire connections and even disconnected the battery for 10 minutes but nothing has worked. I am afraid that the module has simply stopped working.
SimSima93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #102
bimmer050

My Ride: 2004 330i
Question Dice/iPod Intergration

Sorry, first time posting...I was trying to follow up on a different post; sorry for the confusion!

Here's my problem; had dealer uninstall the BMW iPod kit so I can install the Dice Mediabridge. Bluetooth works fine. Mediabridge will not recognize the iPod, even though it's a supported version (Nano 4G with current firmware).

Does anyone have a Pin #/Wire color code chart for the back-of-radio connector? I need to verify that the dealer restored it correctly after uninstalling the original iPOD adapter. I need to do this before contacting DICE for support.

Thanks,
bimmer050

Last edited by bimmer050; 04-19-2013 at 02:52 PM.
bimmer050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #103
SimSima93

My Ride: 2005 330ci vert
I don't think we have the same problem because my adapter actually charges my ipod but just does not show up on my dashboard
SimSima93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #104
bimmer050

My Ride: 2004 330i
To timckl regarding Post#75,

What did you use to fabricate the pin removal tool?
I need to find some correct sized tubing too.

Thanks
bimmer050
bimmer050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #105
Viktimize

My Ride: 2002 325i,2003 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimSima93 View Post
I don't think we have the same problem because my adapter actually charges my ipod but just does not show up on my dashboard
I'm not sure if mine still charges or not? But other than that I have the same problem as you. Worked fine for a year at least. suddenly there is no ipod source on the radio. Only has CD and tuner.

I might just pull it out and replace with USA-Spec which is supposed to be a much better unit anyway.
Viktimize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #106
2001BMW325Ci

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325Ci
Has anyone using the old DICE Silverline Pro I-BMW-T/5V successful paired it with one of those Bluetooth dongles and streamed music through it? I upgraded to an iPhone 5 and instead of always connecting it to the DICE with the 30-pin to Lighting cable, I want to just use the Bluetooth streaming. I bought one from Amazon but it didn't work. Just wondering if there's a unit out there that works with the DICE. Thanks!
Bright Red 2001 325Ci with Conforti Cold Air Intake | Shark Injector | Projector46 w/ Orion V2 | HID Fogs | Clear Corners, Side Markers, Bumper Reflectors | LED Tails | Hardwired V1 | RE OCTANE SSK | RE Tranny Mounts
2001BMW325Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #107
beasted86

My Ride: '02 BMW 325i
Well DICE went bankrupt, so anyone wondering about warranty or support have one less thing to worry about now.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #108
Driver08

My Ride: '88 325is, '04 ZHP
Dice out of business

Are there other decent options out there? I have a dice duo that is working just fine currently but it would be good to know for the future. I'm not interested in replacing the head unit for a Dynavin etc.
Driver08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #109
Viktimize

My Ride: 2002 325i,2003 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver08 View Post
Are there other decent options out there? I have a dice duo that is working just fine currently but it would be good to know for the future. I'm not interested in replacing the head unit for a Dynavin etc.
USA-Spec is the one that I have read is much better. I have one on order to replace my bed sh!tting Dice unit. I will try and remember to pop back in and update how it performs once I get it.
Viktimize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #110
Driver08

My Ride: '88 325is, '04 ZHP
I look forward to hearing how it performs. When/if my dice duo does need to be replaced it would be great to have a good option at the ready.
Driver08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #111
McGary911

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
Dice bankrupt? Didn't they sell the MB technology (or at least license it) to Audiovox?

Their web page for the MB for our BMWs doesn't look all that promising: http://www.audiovoxproducts.com/sear...A-MBR-1500-BMW
McGary911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #112
preeble

My Ride: F10 550, E46 M3
I have the Dice Duo/Audiovox product - has anyone noticed that somehow the unit is changing the song ratings on the ipod? This is becoming a very annoying 'feature' that I cannot figure out how to stop.
preeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #113
beasted86

My Ride: '02 BMW 325i
Re: E46Fanatics Official DICE iPod integration kit Q/A thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
Dice bankrupt? Didn't they sell the MB technology (or at least license it) to Audiovox?

Their web page for the MB for our BMWs doesn't look all that promising: http://www.audiovoxproducts.com/sear...A-MBR-1500-BMW
Yeah, they did sell the distribution to Audiovox to focus on product development, but still eventually went bankrupt. See details here:

http://www.ceoutlook.com/2013/03/28/...es-bankruptcy/

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #114
McGary911

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
Thanks B86. I guess I'll stop checking for firmware updates. Mine's still working fine. I like it.
McGary911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #115
KDS

My Ride: 2005 325i Sport
Head Unit Button Sequence

I've been using a Dice Silverline in my '05 325i for about six years and it's worked pretty well, once I learned how to deal with its quirks.

The other day I accidentally pressed two buttons at the same time on my stereo and that started the first major trouble I've had with my Silverline. I tried the recommended battery terminal discharge to reset things, but with no luck. Now the stereo is unable to detect my iPod altogether.

Any tips on how to get things back up and running? (Note: I've reviewed the manual but it didn't offer much troubleshooting help. Also, I've never touched the dip switches on the unit since it was first installed in the car.)
KDS is offline   Reply With Quote