E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #2961
TSR6

My Ride: Keg Sled
Anyone need a buffer tube kit? :-p
Old 04-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #2962
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
Anyone need a buffer tube kit? :-p
Sure send it my way

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #2963
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Finally got to shoot my DDM4 yesterday

Speaking of which, I need recommendations for slings. I did some digging in this thread and found some discussions between Single & Multi point slings......since you guys have had more time to evaluate them, what's the final verdict?

The popular choices seem to be:

Magpul MS3
VTACs
VCAS
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #2964
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
i use the ms3 and like it. i dont have any experience with the vtac or vcas
Old 04-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #2965
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
MS3 is great for shoulder transitions and stationary shooting. When you transition to pistol and start moving, the AR slamming into your nuts is kind of a downer but it does create quite the "Disruptive Environment".

In my last class I used a Blue Force Gear two point. Not for any love for that particular sling, but because it was free. If I was going to purchase a new two point, the Vickers Padded would be at the top of my list.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #2966
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
MS3 is great for shoulder transitions and stationary shooting. When you transition to pistol and start moving, the AR slamming into your nuts is kind of a downer but it does create quite the "Disruptive Environment".

In my last class I used a Blue Force Gear two point. Not for any love for that particular sling, but because it was free. If I was going to purchase a new two point, the Vickers Padded would be at the top of my list.
So damn true
Old 04-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #2967
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Am I missing something here? Same price, and everything seems to be the same except one claims to be light weight, and the other doesn't?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...artsfinder.com

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...artsfinder.com

Also, there's an option to add BCG + Charging handle (4) with the order. Do you guys know what kind of BGC they add to that order? Is it a full auto? It's BCM so I assume it's properly staked, and other bells and whistles. Worth the extra $270?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #2968
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

You are not missing anything. One is a lightweight and one is standard.

BCM BCG. It is full mill-spec. Yes it's worth the money if its in stock.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #2969
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
So damn true
Old 04-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #2970
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
The General AR Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
Finally got to shoot my DDM4 yesterday

Speaking of which, I need recommendations for slings. I did some digging in this thread and found some discussions between Single & Multi point slings......since you guys have had more time to evaluate them, what's the final verdict?

Magpul MS3
VTACs
VCAS
That's the rifle I have

It's a blast to shoot man enjoy and be safe

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #2971
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
You are not missing anything. One is a lightweight and one is standard.

BCM BCG. It is full mill-spec. Yes it's worth the money if its in stock.
are either better than the other?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #2972
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Re: The General AR Discussion Thread

Quote:

I have a blue force gear one that came with my rifle. Havent had the chance to mess with it yet though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #2973
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
are either better than the other?
For casual use, it doesn't really matter. If you are going to be hiking or holding it for hours on end, the few ounces that you save on the lightweight may be worthwhile.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #2974
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post

Magpul MS3
VTACs
VCAS
Owning and using all 3, there are pros and cons to each one. The best overall IMO is the BlueForceGear VCAS. It's the easiest to adjust, fastest adjusting, and I happen to like the style the best. My VCAS and VTAC slings are both padded, which I find to be a nice feature when whooting for long periods of time. The rapid adjustment on the VCAS is a little easier to manipulate than the VTAC.

For the MS3, it comes down to user preference about whether you want to run a 2pt or single point sling. Shoulder transitions are much easier with the single point, but to be perfectly honest, I rarely do shoulder transitions when I am doing "operational" activities like clearing rooms and holding overwatch from cover. It's a skill that is important to know and practice, but it's pretty easy to do with a 2pt sling, and operationally it's a very limited use skill.
Single point slings work best with small PDWs or subguns. Adapting them to longer carbines and shotguns has been less than a great idea, IMO. As mentioned above, the rifle will flop around when it hangs. When doing transitions to pistol, especially when moving, it's very much an annoyance. You get the big floppy donkey dick slapping around, which is why people who run single point slings professionally (and know what the hell they're doing) generally run a rifle catch on their reaction side vest or belt to hold the rifle out of the way.
Of the single point slings I've used, the MS2 and MS3 are the only slings that are not bungee style. Bungee style is a absolute NO-GO in my book, so the current MS3 is a vast improvement over those. Any flexibility in the sling is bad, so Magpul definitely designed a good single point sling. My duty rifle has a bungee sling connected with an HK hook, but I replaced it with an MS3 and run it in that configuration. Far better than the bungee style, but I still would much rather run my VCAS.

Some people like the way the MS3 transitions to a 2pt for carry, but I will note that it only makes a good 2pt sling in a hasty pinch. For an operational 2pt sling to be run for extended periods, the MS3 is found wanting and downright fails.

The only sling I will say is absolutely pointless is the 3pt sling. One point too many, and one point unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Am I missing something here? Same price, and everything seems to be the same except one claims to be light weight, and the other doesn't?
Also, there's an option to add BCG + Charging handle (4) with the order. Do you guys know what kind of BGC they add to that order? Is it a full auto? It's BCM so I assume it's properly staked, and other bells and whistles. Worth the extra $270?
The BCM BCG is one of the best on the market. You can't get any better. Their charging handles are the best too, IMO. There's a reason why I have BCM Gunfighter charging handles on every rifle I run. Worth every penny of that $270.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 04-28-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #2975
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
So I have a local seller that is offering to sell his M&P15 optics ready AR with a pmag and 60rds for $875. Think this is a fair price? It's brand new in the box. Thanks guys.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #2976
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Yes. I'd take it.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #2977
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

This one? http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/sp...w-ar15-365571/

boostedisbetter = Tampaguy whatever?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #2978
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Re: The General AR Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
So I have a local seller that is offering to sell his M&P15 optics ready AR with a pmag and 60rds for $875. Think this is a fair price? It's brand new in the box. Thanks guys.
Which SKU model from S&W? It's a fair price for brand new in box with the pmag and ammo..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #2979
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Yeah, I think it's probably fair. It depends on what model it is obviously, but it also depends on how much you really want one right now and if you have any particular gun in mind. If you have your mind set on a S&W and have been wanting one for a while, then go for it. If you were looking at something else and this came up, don't rush into it.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #2980
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
This one? http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/sp...w-ar15-365571/

boostedisbetter = Tampaguy whatever?
Yea I'm 94lsteg on that board. I was going to trade him my XD9, but kinda want to keep that, so I offered him a cash price.

Thanks for the opinions guys. Only thing that bothers me is it doesn't come with any sights/optics at all.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 04-29-2013 at 01:26 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote