E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
respect the rules of the road and you wont need the V1

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
I love you
Old 09-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #23
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
I love you
ditto

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #24
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00P View Post

You just have to remember to turn the power off of the unit when you exit the vehicle.
FYI...You do not have to turn the power off, as your car goes to sleep mode after 15min.

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #25
danwilz

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert 2012 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Well I opened up the interior light and the only wires in there is for the harness for the map lights. I dont think I can tap that for it. I wish Jake was local and could just do it for me.
What did you end up doing gotta get this done?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #26
danwilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwilz View Post
What did you end up doing gotta get this done?
Nevermind. Figured out in the verts use the green wire with white stripe for switched power.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #27
PKR

My Ride: '04 330Cic
Thanks danwilz!
PKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #28
danwilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKR View Post
Thanks danwilz!
Your welcome. Its in the wire loom that goes to the mirror, and I placed a self tapping screw in the frame above the light housing off to the side. You can squeeze the hardwire box in an area towards the left front of the overhead light compartment.

Last edited by danwilz; 04-20-2013 at 07:20 AM.
danwilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #29
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
I read somewhere about that green/white wire but I had no room to work up in there. I ended up tapping into the glove box light and running it (badly - need to fix this) up the A pillar on the passenger side.

I really want to do a stealth mirror and laser jammer and headrest mount it. I hate having it in the windshield, especially with the top down.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #30
danwilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I read somewhere about that green/white wire but I had no room to work up in there. I ended up tapping into the glove box light and running it (badly - need to fix this) up the A pillar on the passenger side.

I really want to do a stealth mirror and laser jammer and headrest mount it. I hate having it in the windshield, especially with the top down.
I'm installing the remote display in my ashtray and going with a laser jammer, laser interceptor to be exact, also I removed my front plate it makes it more difficult for LEOs to get a fix with the laser it usually take 2 or 3 times.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #31
crazyseaman

My Ride: e30
you can definitely tap it in, ( I don't remember what color wires). hardest part is stuffing all the wiring up there and putting back the map light.
crazyseaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #32
vman1

My Ride: 2004 CB M3 vert
To the guys that tapped into the green and white wire, what did you guys use to ground? I do not see a screw up there for 'verts. Thanks!
vman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #33
danwilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman1 View Post
To the guys that tapped into the green and white wire, what did you guys use to ground? I do not see a screw up there for 'verts. Thanks!
Use a self tapping screw 1/4 in long>