E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #201
JamesClay
Sponsor

My Ride: Any BMW with 4wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo diesel View Post
Just to be clear do those front subframe mounts get welded to the inside of the subframe on the other side of the engine mount interface? In other words they will act like a large washer on the bottom side of the engine mount stud?

I sure hope so because I already put mine in like as preventative measure while I changed the rod bearings last weekend and I ain't going back there for a while (I hope!).
On the bottom - yes. Not truly a washer, but kinda like that - you are doubling the metal thickness. On the bottom so you don't raise the engine - that is the wrong direction.
www.bimmerworldracing.com

Bimmer World
JamesClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #202
turbo diesel

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
On the bottom - yes. Not truly a washer, but kinda like that - you are doubling the metal thickness. On the bottom so you don't raise the engine - that is the wrong direction.
OK whew... I had the whole front assembly dropped but could not get on top of the subframe to fully see all possibilities. (had rack and control arms still attached just only to get oil pan out). Thanks for confirming James... OK back to regularly scheduled program.
turbo diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #203
BMur325

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
i am looking to purchase this vehicle, i need a project like this. how much are you asking?
BMur325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #204
JamesClay
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMur325 View Post
i am looking to purchase this vehicle, i need a project like this. how much are you asking?
This one was sold in February 2012. But as always, email me and we will make more!

Bimmer World
Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #205
1moremod

My Ride: e90 m3
old thread i know but good to see my current build fall pretty close to this one in most areas. no cf airbox, and no aero. not doing tune, header or clutch this time through either but probably next winter, along with rod bearings.
1moremod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #206
JamesClay
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moremod View Post
old thread i know but good to see my current build fall pretty close to this one in most areas. no cf airbox, and no aero. not doing tune, header or clutch this time through either but probably next winter, along with rod bearings.
It is good to see this project have that level of staying power. We keep tweaking on the cars and working with manufacturers to tune parts or fill some gaps better. Today I'm writing this post from Performance Friction HQ in Clover, SC - and there will be some nice ports to follow quite soon. 345mm Direct Driver rotor for CSL kits in the new V3 version - no nuts and bolts to hold the ring on - changing takes 1 minute! And other goodies of course...

As always, if you guys and girls have questions on anything we did or are doing on these, I am happy to personally help if you can catch me in the office, or via email - james@bimmerworld.com.

Bimmer World
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #207
lejeunebimmer

My Ride: 02' M3 SMG, 02' 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesClay View Post
It is good to see this project have that level of staying power. We keep tweaking on the cars and working with manufacturers to tune parts or fill some gaps better. Today I'm writing this post from Performance Friction HQ in Clover, SC - and there will be some nice ports to follow quite soon. 345mm Direct Driver rotor for CSL kits in the new V3 version - no nuts and bolts to hold the ring on - changing takes 1 minute! And other goodies of course...

As always, if you guys and girls have questions on anything we did or are doing on these, I am happy to personally help if you can catch me in the office, or via email - james@bimmerworld.com.
I wish they would develop a direct drive for the e46 330i fronts. The BMW Performance ones are decent but they have a tendency to cone on me, so I would love to see some direct drive rotors.
330i - AA Tuned, Headers, UUC Stage I LW FW, e36 M3 Clutch, UUC SS Clutch line, BMW Performance Intake, Evo Sport Pulleys, BMW Performance Cross-Drilled Rotors, Hawk HPS, BW SS Brake Lines, BW Solid Guide Bushings, BMW Performance CF Strut Brace, H&R Sways, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Powerflex Bushings, LED Tails, Clear Sides/Turns, Black Grill, Mtech 2, CF Splitters

M3 - Not enough room to list
lejeunebimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #208
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Quote:
It is good to see this project have that level of staying power.
Are you kidding me? I've re-read this thread so many times! Awesome thread!

Quote:
Good call...1moremod is as girly as they come. I heard he screams when his car starts to oversteer.

bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #209
HiFiGuy1

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lejeunebimmer View Post
I wish they would develop a direct drive for the e46 330i fronts. I would love to see some direct drive rotors.
I second that. 2003 ZHP sedan here, in need of some good direct replacement rotors.

Last edited by HiFiGuy1; 04-22-2013 at 10:15 AM.
HiFiGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #210
KrasivataSabine

My Ride: 323Ci
sub'd!

#BattleBimmer #323RS
KrasivataSabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #211
gisqc

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
The headers are no great secret for our race customers. The Supersprint guys make some nice stuff and at this point, based PURELY on power output, there is stock in Group 1, everything else in Group 2, and the big boy Supersprint Stepped in Group 3. They have recently come out with some direct-fit stepped versions, but for the power we are going to make, we opted for the older version that required an alternate section 1 piece if you are adapting it to an otherwise stock-style exhaust. I pulled these from our pile of experimental parts so they are used, but only on Sundays.
VS : http://store.bimmerworld.com/epic-mo...der-p1939.aspx

Is that quote still valid or does it need some updates?
gisqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #212
1moremod

My Ride: e90 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post

Good call...1moremod is as girly as they come. I heard he screams when his car starts to oversteer.

that is completely untrue what i do actually is close my eyes and steer into a wall!
1moremod is offline   Reply With Quote