E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AZ NM NV OK TX UT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2004, 11:14 PM   #1
t-dog

My Ride: 2002 330ci step
Send a message via AIM to t-dog Send a message via MSN to t-dog
tuning shop/mechanic in Austin, TX?

Hey there,

can anyone recommend a good BMW shop/mechanic that knows a lot about BMW tuning?

Thanks

T-dog
t-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:53 PM   #2
locof4

My Ride: 01 330i
Austin Bmw mechanic

I live in Austin, and just got a bmw..but my buddy has lived here for years and takes his ride to European Imports. He has nothing but good things to say about theses guys....and he's had a ton of work done on his ride.

http://www.europeanimport.com/
locof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:10 PM   #3
phatmustang73

My Ride: '02 CB M3 Cabriolet
Send a message via AIM to phatmustang73
bmw of austin has the best service from a dealer ive ever experienced. took in my car to get the taillight bulb fixed and a speaker replaced & they gave an inspection to my whole car (replaced brake pads, checked engine, and washed in&out) pavel reyes is awesome
phatmustang73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
Loud_TIGER

My Ride: E36
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-dog
Hey there,

can anyone recommend a good BMW shop/mechanic that knows a lot about BMW tuning?

Thanks

T-dog
www.soulspeed.com

i bring my E36 to him, he's really cool
Loud_TIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
JeromeP

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
If you are on the South side or you don't mind that far there is Terry Sayther Aotomotive. I do not believe they have a Dyno but not 100% sure. I know that they have been open for 35 years and it is run and is a family run business.bthey have a definite sense of human and fit right in to the South Austin crowd just take a look at there place 1606 Fortview Rd, South Austin
(512) 442-136 and take a look at there website www.terrysaytherauto.com.

They have considerable racing experience as well. The only downside is as is common when you use the three letters BMW they are pricey but only do BMW and Mini period.

If North is better call David at Northwest Imports 512-331-7372 they are off of Pond Springs near 183 and McNeil and again tuning well he is more on fix but will do about anything and is much more reasonable will work on more than just BMW.

Then if you are far North there is Pampered Car ? Something I don't have as much experience with them but they seem to be very, very caring (drive me home and pick me up, but I only live around the corner) they are in Cedar Park. The price isn't high but not a steel but considering it is on a BMW it is better than most if not all that only work on BMW where David works on all cars but specialize in German/European. They also have loaner cars but not sure criteria is on utilizing them.

I know not much tuners but a few that I know do but no info. Black Forest Wekshop 512-300-BMWS, Cobb Tuning 866.922.3059 but they only work on newer I made contact ready to drop 30/40 maybe more and nope so my choice is Horse Power Freaks out of Portland Oregon for a Stage 2.5 kit and a few other goodies like a UUCEvo 3 Short shifter and coil overs on the corners.
JeromeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
328isawesome

My Ride: Batmobile
tuning shop/mechanic in Austin, TX?

I'm currently looking for a good Indy shop also, It's a trial and error process i guess. I live in the southwest area and took my car in to Dr. Beemer and do not recommend them, they made up problems that my car does NOT have and didn't even look into the problem my car did have. They said that they would do a separate diagnostic in the future (more $$$) but wanted to work right away on their made up diagnostic for another system. I've heard lots of good things from Black Forest and Munich Auto so when I get the chance I guess I'll drive up north and see what they're like. That previous recommendation for a south Austin BMW and mini shop sounds like a good option. Let us know if you have a good experience with the one you choose to go to.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
328isawesome is offline   Reply With Quote