E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Syntheticz

My Ride: 2004 E46 318i
2004 318i double din removal issue

Hey guys! First post. I've been lurking here for a few weeks now, and was inspired to do a few easy mods to my E46 318i

I purchased one of those AUX CD changer cords off ebay, which arrived today. Installs pretty simple - Just remove the head-unit and plug it in at the back.

I CANNOT REMOVE THE DAMN HEAD-UNIT.

I remove the dash board trim, and the two screws in the top corners, holding the plastic housing in place. I apparently just 'slide the housing off' but whenever I do this, the two BOTTOM corners just wont budge. Feels like they're being held in there by something (which I can't see)

I'm seriously stumped. Awkward moment when it's something really obvious

Any ideas guys? Thanks!
Syntheticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #2
Syntheticz

Nobody?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:42 AM   #3
Beemerdave2001

My Ride: 330ci

When I removed mine there was just the two screws as I can remember then it just pulls out I will have a quick look later at mine

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Beemerdave2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
Beemerdave2001

Are u removing the head unit or the plastic around it if so there is two more screws at bottom out of site if u half open the little compartment below and put screw driver in u will feel them

Old 04-30-2013, 02:08 AM   #5
Beemerdave2001

The screws at the bottom are for the little compartment sorry I removed this cus had to relocate heater unit

Here this might help
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...n-your-t20393/

Old 04-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #6
Syntheticz

I need to get the stereo out, but in order to do that you need to remove the plastic surround. I just went back then and tried to remove it but it seriously wouldn't budge. I'm taking it to the mechanic tomorrow to get the radiator replaced, hopefully they can do it for me!