E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #21
helphos

My Ride: BMW 325 xi
It's UMNITZA, folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinz View Post
Oh wow this is a useful thing I guess then. Thanks
I guess I will give dnhauto a call later to see what's up with the order status. Helphos apparently purchased from them without a problem. The price is quite low compared to other reputable sites.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I bought my bumper from Umnitza!! They are a forum vendor and treated me very well. (Not that i didn't mention their name in my original post, but people get confused sometimes.)

Sometimes I get great bargains, but usually you get what you pay for. I paid a slightly higher price than some other sites, but it was worth it.

Thanks!
helphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #22
Bimmerguy91

My Ride: 07 Z4MC
I just bought a Khoalty bumper and it is really nice quality.
Bimmerguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #23
Justinz

My Ride: 03 AW 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Minn View Post
I found it: http://www.dnhautoparts.com/bmw-3-se...per-cover.html
In the process I also discovered that this business has an F rating with the BBB, if that matters to anyone.
Also, I don't know if it's my browser not loading correctly, but I couldn't find a "buy" or "get it painted" button anywhere on the product page. Seems pretty sketchy to me. Justinz, what was your experience like with ordering from them?
If you were interested I just found this one from amazon. It is sold by dnhautoparts for $319 shipped and painted to your color.
I might give it a try I need to call dnh first though to see whats up with their site.
http://www.amazon.com/FRONT-BUMPER-C...ype=automotive

It fits my xi according to amazon.

Last edited by Justinz; 04-30-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Justinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #24
Benny Minn

My Ride: 2004 325xiT
Quote:
If you were interested I just found this one from amazon. It is sold by dnhautoparts for $319 shipped and painted to your color.
I might give it a try I need to call dnh first though to see whats up with their site.
http://www.amazon.com/FRONT-BUMPER-C...ype=automotive

It fits my xi according to amazon.
Interesting..... So, it's the same thing, they're just selling through Amazon instead of their own site. Unfortunately, the list doesn't include my car's color: Silbergrau Metallic A08. Let us know if they ever get back to you.
Benny Minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #25
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by helphos View Post
I bought my bumper from Umnitza!! They are a forum vendor and treated me very well. (Not that i didn't mention their name in my original post, but people get confused sometimes.)

Sometimes I get great bargains, but usually you get what you pay for. I paid a slightly higher price than some other sites, but it was worth it.

Thanks!
Thanks!

We have an oversupply of these bumpers, so we can ship them to anyone literally within 2 days with 3 stage PPG paint that is better than almost anywhere you would pay $350+ for paint alone (with factory quality PPG Clear) for $175 (we raised prices)
The bumpers for sedan at $155 and coupe $169
For about $75 more (we can ship inexpensively too) we can get them to your door.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #26
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
Thanks!

We have an oversupply of these bumpers, so we can ship them to anyone literally within 2 days with 3 stage PPG paint that is better than almost anywhere you would pay $350+ for paint alone (with factory quality PPG Clear) for $175 (we raised prices)
The bumpers for sedan at $155 and coupe $169
For about $75 more (we can ship inexpensively too) we can get them to your door.
So is that $175 for paint plus $155 for bumper or $175 out the door?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #27
umnitza

$155 for the bumper for sedans
$175 for quality paint (usually $350+ type, not the MAACO style paint jobs done by others with lower quality clear etc.)
$shipping
Old 05-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #28
Benny Minn

My Ride: 2004 325xiT
Quote:
$155 for the bumper for sedans
$175 for quality paint (usually $350+ type, not the MAACO style paint jobs done by others with lower quality clear etc.)
$shipping
This is good news. Is it just me, though, or is the pre-painted option missing from the product page on your site? I've been contemplating getting one of these bumpers for a while but always had trouble with the idea that I would really be spending $1000 when all is said and done, so had I known about this added service, that would have helped a lot.

Also, I imagine others will want to know this: what is the difference on the product page between "E46 Fit's All" and "E46 Sedan"? If I have a wagon or a sedan, wouldn't either option fit?

Last edited by Benny Minn; 05-02-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Benny Minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #29
umnitza

The prepaint option is available only on the phone at this time.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #30
vman88888

My Ride: 2001 330Ci 5MT
did it come with the middle grille insert? i found the grille piece itself for around 40 on another site, but for a total of 450 it should be included as well, no?
vman88888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #31
umnitza

the lower inserts are included.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
vman88888

My Ride: 2001 330Ci 5MT
then thats a pretty good deal just gotta get my tires and wheels first i cant waste away my winters!
vman88888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #33
Justinz

My Ride: 03 AW 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Minn View Post
This is good news. Is it just me, though, or is the pre-painted option missing from the product page on your site? I've been contemplating getting one of these bumpers for a while but always had trouble with the idea that I would really be spending $1000 when all is said and done, so had I known about this added service, that would have helped a lot.

Also, I imagine others will want to know this: what is the difference on the product page between "E46 Fit's All" and "E46 Sedan"? If I have a wagon or a sedan, wouldn't either option fit?
I called them up they have a few different sites. None of the sites worked, they have multiple ebay accounts as well.
The person on the phone said that they can order through phone since apparently there is no other way of buying it online.
It would be ~290 or so for it painted and shipped. I forgot to ask about the grille or the fog lights which are probably not included since its not in the photo.
I may order since the price is lower but I am wondering how the paint would look.
Justinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #34
ubiquity0

My Ride: 2001 330Cic
I would caution you to look into shipping options other than Greyhound. My bumper was shipped out by Umnitza on 03/29 via Greyhound and is still to arrive. In addition, Greyhound has no real tracking system to speak of so no one has a clue where it is.
ubiquity0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #35
jcarpfishman

My Ride: '01 330xi
This is tempting! My front bumper and hood look terrible from rock chips, rust (hood), etc. This would be a cost effective option for taking care of the bumper finish while adding a new look, then just have to either fix + repaint my hood or order another.

Hmmmmm, now if I just had some money.....

Quote:
We have an oversupply of these bumpers, so we can ship them to anyone literally within 2 days with 3 stage PPG paint ...
I noticed the website said the bumper prices are "On Sale"... is it safe to assume that the sale prices are staying for a while since you said you have a surplus of them?
jcarpfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #36
helphos

My Ride: BMW 325 xi
Quote:
I called them up they have a few different sites. None of the sites worked, they have multiple ebay accounts as well.
The person on the phone said that they can order through phone since apparently there is no other way of buying it online.
It would be ~290 or so for it painted and shipped. I forgot to ask about the grille or the fog lights which are probably not included since its not in the photo.
I may order since the price is lower but I am wondering how the paint would look.
I'm not an English teacher, but I'd caution you ALL on your use of pronouns in these threads where we're talking about different vendors. I was very clear when I reported my favorable experience with Umnitza, and a few posts later someone was mis-attributing my comments to another vendor.
With respect to the paint job of the prepainted bumper I got from Umnitza, I gave them the paint code from the engine compartment. The bumper i received was a great match.

(Sorry about others' experience with Greyhound- mine took a couple of days longer than i would have liked, but Greyhound called me when it came in and it was well packed and in good shape. BUT it was BIG. be prepared.)
My observation: The Umnitza Mtech II bumper is a great DIY project thanks to the availbility of prepainted option. It look s o much better than the original bumper.

Good Luck
helphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #37
umnitza

Thanks for your positive comments!

As for Greyhound, we have slowly migrated away from them, as some of the more recent customers have noted, while the cost higher, the quality of service is also higher from Pilot Freight, Fedex (for those of you lucky to live in areas where Fedex is least expensive), and even some of you using your own freight services.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #38
Dino1394

My Ride: 04 330xi
This makes a world of difference. I know what I'm doing once my car comes back.
Dino1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #39
antong

My Ride: 2004 330xi
does the sport from d&h fit or needs extra work?
antong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #40
umnitza

You can now order the paint service right on our site without asking us on the phone:
http://www.umnitza.com/prepainted-bu...ls-p-6206.html