E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #41
First BMW

My Ride: 2002 325convertable
Wind deflector arrived...freakin' amazing!

I admit that if I had taken the time to really shop for the OEM wind deflector I probably could have found one for less money. The issue I had was Mamma wasn't happy with the car on highway trips with the top down and we all know - When Mamma isn't happy, no one is happy!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
First BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #42
sgoetz628

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by First BMW View Post
I admit that if I had taken the time to really shop for the OEM wind deflector I probably could have found one for less money. The issue I had was Mamma wasn't happy with the car on highway trips with the top down and we all know - When Mamma isn't happy, no one is happy!

Amen to that. "Happy wife, happy life." No truer words have ever been spoken!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #43
jason330cic

My Ride: 2001 330cic
I like my wind deflector, but it seems to blow down every time it is windy outside I think it could have been designed a little better.

jason330cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:16 AM   #44
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.

Mine has only been blown down once.

Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #45
sgoetz628

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason330cic View Post
I like my wind deflector, but it seems to blow down every time it is windy outside I think it could have been designed a little better.
Something's wrong here as mine has never blown down in the 10 years I've owned it. Do you often drive fast in reverse: - ) Seriously, it's designed to protect you against the wind that comes whipping over your windshield, then forward from the rear to fill the vacuum in the passenger area. That's why the vertical part will bend backward, against the normal flow of air, but not forward, with the normal flow of air.

Is this happening to you at low speeds with high cross winds?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #46
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Right, it should not blow down. Mine never has once either. There might be something wrong. Someone posted a mod with basically a hook/tie thing that helped keep that from happening because something was broken on his. I don't recall exactly but you might search for it.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #47
jason330cic

My Ride: 2001 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoetz628 View Post
Something's wrong here as mine has never blown down in the 10 years I've owned it. Do you often drive fast in reverse: - ) Seriously, it's designed to protect you against the wind that comes whipping over your windshield, then forward from the rear to fill the vacuum in the passenger area. That's why the vertical part will bend backward, against the normal flow of air, but not forward, with the normal flow of air.

Is this happening to you at low speeds with high cross winds?
Yes, it is caused by a crosswind that blows back at an angle. Just yesterday it blew down when I was driving about 10mph, with about a 25mph gust of wind blowing at just the right angle. I may do the mod that was on here where you drill holes in the hinge and insert two pins to keep it from falling down.

jason330cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #48
Nickvjr

My Ride: 2004 330Ci Conv.
Send a message via AIM to Nickvjr Send a message via Yahoo to Nickvjr Send a message via Skype™ to Nickvjr

Found one on eBay for $175 with BUY IT NOW so I jumped on it faster than a striper jumping on a pole! I have been waiting months for a good priced windscreen and I am glad my waiting paid off.

I just saw one on eBay start at $0.99 but ended up going for $320 once the auction ended. Yikes! The prices of these windscreens really does vary. Good luck to everyone trying to track one down!

Last edited by Nickvjr; 05-02-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Nickvjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #49
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
those that are having them blow down, are they rear legs under the softop cover?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #50
DOCp

My Ride: 02 325ci Convertible
just got one off of ebay the other day...awaiting it's arrival! i've been meaning to buy one for 2 years since i bought my vert and i finally had to fork the money over
DOCp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #51
csa714

My Ride: 2004 330cic
Just bought mine $360 from Passport BMW in Virginia. I must say, it is as good as proclaimed. Hwy speeds are not an issue. It was in the upper 60's lower 70's today and the screen made it a great ride with an approx speed of 70+/-. I actually had to lower the windows a bit to get some circulation!

Happy with the purchase and recommend it to anyone on the fence.
csa714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #52
Nickvjr

My Ride: 2004 330Ci Conv.
Send a message via AIM to Nickvjr Send a message via Yahoo to Nickvjr Send a message via Skype™ to Nickvjr

It took me over a year to get one for my Vert because I was holding out for the right price. I waited a long time but I finally got one last month and now I am enjoying more top down driving.

Funny thing is that I came across a second windscreen today when a friend of mine traded it for some parts and car work I had done for him. I will see of someone on here wants a shot at it for a fair market price but it looks like I could toss it on eBay and get something decent for it.

Enjoy your new add on for your Vert!