E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #161
MightyY

My Ride: '05 M3, '08 A6
You and Brian can't stop modding, can you? Looking good!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #162
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyY View Post
You and Brian can't stop modding, can you? Looking good!
Luan....speaking of modding.....this is what I decided to do to my ///M this summer....

Regarding the BBKs...

Instead of supercharging my ///M in the immediate future, I really want to upgrade the brakes/rotors (two piece) and get the Recaro Sportster CS seats installed instead and will defer the supercharging for later after I rebuild my S54 since it already has over 151k on it (that will be a few years down the road though)

Right now I'm looking at either the StopTech or the Brembo kit....

StopTech kit
Fronts:

Rears:

Brembo kit
Fronts:

Rears:

I'm seriously leaning on getting the StopTech kit when funds become available later this summer. Since I found out that the BMW performance seats are not compatible with E46, I will be looking to get the Recaro Sportster CS (all black leather/heat/carbon backshell) instead. Opinions on either the StopTech or Brembos are encouraged, thanks!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 05-07-2013 at 06:49 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #163
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=412101

Check this out ^
Old 05-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #164
THECLEANERBEAMER

Btw this dude has the BMW performance seats in his car
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14964242
Old 05-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #165
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Btw this dude has the BMW performance seats in his car
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14964242
+1 ^ Ive definitely seen BMW Performance seats in an e46 before

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #166
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Okay guys....I'm back on the BMW Performance seats gig....got to find out how the side impact airbags were connected, or if they can be left unconnected....only thing...
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
Old 05-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #167
Busabos77

My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Charlie, I got your PM... I'll just answer you here.

I am not sure if you already did your Inspection 1 or 2 again but if your car is currently inspected,
Here is what I think you should do in order. (This is what I am doing as of now)

1. Rear Subframe Reinforcement & Differential Upgrade 3.91 (do it together to save labor 3.91 since 4.10 would be too much when you SC the car in the future.)
2. Get good headers (Supersprint / Agency Power / SGT) as well as Sec1 (Supersprint / CPIRT3 from Jack)
3. Like what you said in your PM (rebuild the motor just to be sure because of the miles that you have) Maybe add Schrick cams!!!
4. Get an exhaust (Supersprint / Rogue El Diablo / SGT)
5. BBK Upgrade (go with the Stoptechs) but you do not need the 6 piston one. FRONT 355x32 - ST40H and REAR 355x32 - ST40M should be more than what you need.
6. BMW Performance Seats or RECARO Sportster CS ones. (You have seen mine so you know it will fit and I will help you install it too)
7. Clutch Upgrade and Supercharge it with ESS VT2-525/ ESS VT2-550 / VF480 / or the baller status (ACTIVE AUTOWERK LEVEL2 WITH THE HKS BLOWER)
8. Get a Wideband AIR and FUEL RATIO and maybe have EVOLVE TUNE the SC which will have the max output but it might void warranty of the supercharger.

You will need to have Aftermarket Headers, Sec1, and an Exhaust to have better results from the Supercharger. Less restrictive ones.

And when you do all these, I will be drooling all over your car! Hehehe!

Last edited by Busabos77; 05-07-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #168
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busabos77 View Post
Charlie, I got your PM... I'll just answer you here.

I am not sure if you already did your Inspection 1 or 2 again but if your car is currently inspected,
Here is what I think you should do in order. (This is what I am doing as of now)

1. Rear Subframe Reinforcement & Differential Upgrade 3.91 (do it together to save labor 3.91 since 4.10 would be too much when you SC the car in the future.)
Brian...I was thinking about doing the rear subframe reinforcement just for peace of mind. Since my ZHP already has it's rear subframe reinforced, it only makes good sense to do the ///M since I will ultimately supercharge it Good suggestion on the differential as well

Quote:
2. Get good headers (Supersprint / Agency Power / SGT) as well as Sec1 (Supersprint / CPIRT3 from Jack)
Yeah, I need to revamp my stock exhaust with one that will be much more performance-related. I need to do this....

Quote:
3. BBK Upgrade (go with the Stoptechs) but you do not need the 6 piston one. FRONT 355x32 - ST40H and REAR 355x32 - ST40M should be more than what you need.
I realize all I need are the 4-pots but I happen to like the 6-pots more....so I'm going with them... I've decided that I'll be going with the StopTech kit. I'll also be upgrading all the brake lines with ss lines....going to look awesome

Quote:
4. BMW Performance Seats or RECARO Sportster CS ones. (You have seen mine so you know it will fit and I will help you install it too)
I've been convinced by a few here to go for the BMW Performance seats and these are the ones I really desire so I'll be going for it when I have funds available later this year... Yes, it is implied that you will be available to help me install these bad boys

Quote:
5. Clutch Upgrade and Supercharge it with ESS VT2-525/ ESS VT2-550 / VF480 / or the baller status (ACTIVE AUTOWERK LEVEL2 WITH THE HKS BLOWER)
One of the things I plan to do is upgrade my clutch just before I supercharge the ///M. It will be awhile and I'm quite sure your ///M will be supercharged well before mine is....I have to look at overhauling my S54 before supercharging it since it has high mileage on it already...

Quote:
6. Get a Wideband AIR and FUEL RATIO and maybe have EVOLVE TUNE the SC which will have the max output but it might void warranty of the supercharger.

And when you do all these, I will be drooling all over your car! Hehehe!
Agreed, I will be looking at getting the Evolve tune when that time comes Thanks for the suggestions Brian!!!

Last edited by cak323i; 05-07-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #169
THECLEANERBEAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Okay guys....I'm back on the BMW Performance seats gig....got to find out how the side impact airbags were connected, or if they can be left unconnected....only thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
I've been convinced by a few here to go for the BMW Performance seats and these are the ones I really desire so I'll be going for it when I have funds available later this year... Yes, it is implied that you will be available to help me install these bad boys
Your welcome
Old 05-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #170
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Your welcome
Yeah.....dammit

Today I have the ///M sittin' in the rain before I have to go in to work this afternoon....

Love darker days like today when my 35% tint looks way darker...

Last edited by cak323i; 05-07-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #171
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
Charlie are you in the VA area this week? Careful with those Tints I got a ticket about 3 months ago
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #172
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
Charlie are you in the VA area this week? Careful with those Tints I got a ticket about 3 months ago
Jon, I'm out of state. VA can't touch my tints.... Actually this is amusing to me because I got my ///M tinted here in Manassas. I do this trip a few times a year with both cars and they both have 35% on them...

I will be in VA all week long and will have Thurs and Fri off if you want to meet up. Just let me know

Last edited by cak323i; 05-07-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #173
ivanlaksana

My Ride: e46 318i
Awesome car
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #174
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlaksana View Post
Awesome car
Thank you sir
Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #175
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I ran PA Soft on the ///M this afternoon prior to going in for my 2nd shift work and found this...

Looking into the 20 errors in my DME I found this...

Was able to clear the faults except for the two internal faults (not sure what these are)?

I will be keeping my "BimMac" charged up and keeping an eye for these faults throughout my trip....I may try reseting my adaptation and see if this helps

Looks like I will be replacing my ignition coils when I get home Not sure about the cylinder mis-fires but the car seems to run very smooth....don't notice any performance issues....yet....just in time! As I'm finishing this post, it's starting to rain again....
Old 05-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #176
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Charlie... you never cease to amaze me. The brakes are gonna be amazing! Also can't wait till you have those seats installed. Car is looking fantastic my friend

Last edited by TallSkinnyMatt; 05-09-2013 at 08:07 PM.
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #177
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
Saw Charlies M today in person, pictures do no justice!! Car is wicked, makes a 10 hr drive down and looks 10x cleaner than mine lol. Keep it bro, those seats and brakes will look killer.
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #178
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Charlie, Please stop setting a bad example for the kids! lol

BTW, that 'e-box fan' fault...I wonder if it might be the source of some of your misfires...and/or the camshaft sensor fault. I don't 'know' that it can fail soft, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Given that all your cylinders had some misfires, I'd honestly think of the coils as the last thing to think about...go 'up line'...like to that fan or cps. Of course, it's just a guess, but coils don't all go bad at once, and they usually last almost forever. I don't 'know' that mine are original, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were. They're at least 100K miles old. Anyway, consider issues up stream from the coils...and as all your faults are shadow...and none of your cylinders cut off, I'm not thinking coils at all. That 'fan' fault, though...never heard of that or knew it existed, but if your electronics aren't getting cooled, I'd suspect that that would cause some erroneous signals. Just saying...just guessing!

Car looking great. Now stop already! Kids...look away...move along...get back to your cooling overhaul!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #179
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
Charlie... you never cease to amaze me. The brakes are gonna be amazing! Also can't wait till you have those seats installed. Car is looking fantastic my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
Saw Charlies M today in person, pictures do no justice!! Car is wicked, makes a 10 hr drive down and looks 10x cleaner than mine lol. Keep it bro, those seats and brakes will look killer.
Thanks guys! Been doing things one mod at a time. This year should be a great year for me to mod both cars Been wanting to install BMW Performance seats in the ///M ever since I got it and now it looks like this may be a possibility. Since I will have an opportunity to get a set sometime this year, I'm planning to go for it

Both of you guys have an awesome ride! I look forward to seeing much more progress as time progresses Again, thanks for all the kind complements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Charlie, Please stop setting a bad example for the kids! lol

BTW, that 'e-box fan' fault...I wonder if it might be the source of some of your misfires...and/or the camshaft sensor fault. I don't 'know' that it can fail soft, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Given that all your cylinders had some misfires, I'd honestly think of the coils as the last thing to think about...go 'up line'...like to that fan or cps. Of course, it's just a guess, but coils don't all go bad at once, and they usually last almost forever. I don't 'know' that mine are original, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were. They're at least 100K miles old. Anyway, consider issues up stream from the coils...and as all your faults are shadow...and none of your cylinders cut off, I'm not thinking coils at all. That 'fan' fault, though...never heard of that or knew it existed, but if your electronics aren't getting cooled, I'd suspect that that would cause some erroneous signals. Just saying...just guessing!

Car looking great. Now stop already! Kids...look away...move along...get back to your cooling overhaul!
ahhhhhhh Doug!!!! Long time no hear my friend!!! I will take a look at that e-box fan fault when I get back from my trip. So far the ///M has been running strong with no hesitation or apparent performance issues. It's been completely awesome to drive so far. BTW....I'm planning to stop over at IMG in a few weeks while driving home from VA. I'm looking at heading back either on the 23rd (Thursday) but most likely on the 24th (Friday) so I will keep you posted. Will be great to catch up with you but I want to see the guys at IMG just to thank them again for the assist they provided last year. Of course, you also get kudos for your valuable assist! I would have been screwed if not for you guys! Keep an eye for a PM that is soon to come your way with my contact info

Last edited by cak323i; 05-09-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #180
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
That'd be great...let's plan on lunch or something if we can! Don't break anything this trip!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is online now   Reply With Quote