E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #2681
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
"Primeau used a different technique, based on audio enhancement and human analysis, and concluded the voice belonged to Trayvon because it was "a young man screaming". "
I'm fine with saying it's NOT Zimmerman.
But to say it's Trayvon just because it's a young man screaming... that I have to agree is phony. It's admittedly not science because he used his personal experience to arrive at that.

Why would Trayvon scream for help? We know he sustained no beating injuries.
__________________
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #2682
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,827
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I know where that $300,000 went.



It's probably a bit more likely that he hasn't been going outside and about a much, since he'd likely be a target of retaliation, so his activity level is down. And when you're not doing as much stuff out and about, you look for something else to do which means eating in many cases. More food + less activity = holy crap he got huge.

Still, hilarious comment
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #2683
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,827
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
The "phony science" accusation - a cornerstone of modern rightwing propaganda.
Ohh please, why bring right-wing anything in? That has no merit whatsoever.

The job of defense counsel is to try to tear apart the foundations of the prosecution's case. That includes motions to dismiss evidence or experts' conclusions based on circumstantial evidence. There's nothing right-wing or left-wing here at all involved in that decision or strategy.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Last edited by david05111; 05-08-2013 at 01:58 PM.
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #2684
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
The "phony science" accusation IS a cornerstone of modern rightwing propaganda.

That's all.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #2685
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
The "phony science" accusation IS a cornerstone of modern rightwing propaganda.

That's all.
That's not true at all, it is a cornerstone of the plaintiff's trial lawyer's bar. They literally made up the term "junk science" because defendants were using biomechanical engineers to prove that you physically can't herniate 10 discs, tear both knees, tear both shoulders and get a concussion from a 3 mph hit in the rear car accident.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 05-08-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #2686
phrozen06
Registered User
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W
Posts: 7,528
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
George Zimmerman's wife files trial witnesses list that includes sister-in-law, etc..

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...an-sanford-feb

Quote:
May 16, 2013|By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

SANFORD – George Zimmerman's wife, who is facing a perjury charge, has filed a witness list that includes her sister-in-law and brother-in-law, the couple who helped her husband set up a fund-raising website and manage the money that came flooding in.

Shellie Zimmerman is the wife of 29-year-old former Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman, who is charged with murdering Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old, in Sanford Feb. 26, 2012.

She also is accused of a crime: perjury. Prosecutors contend she lied during her husband's April 20, 2012, bond hearing when she said told a judge they were broke.

At the time of the hearing, the website had raised more than $130,000 in just over two weeks, according to prosecution records.

In phone calls from the Seminole County Jail, Zimmerman directed his wife to move money from his bank account into hers, into his sister's and cash into a safety deposit box, according to prosecution records.

The defense witness list, filed Monday by defense attorney Kelly Sims, includes eight names. Sims said they are all state witnesses.

They include George Zimmerman's sister, her husband; two credit union employees, a court reporter, a Lake Mary woman and two investigators with the office of Special Prosecutor Angela Corey.

Shellie Zimmerman, 26, is to be tried after her husband. His second-degree murder trial is slated to begin June 10.
__________________


phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #2687
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 532
My Ride: still a gay 135i
what a circus
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #2688
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
You realize that not every witness is a fact witness....right?
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #2689
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 532
My Ride: still a gay 135i
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/23/justic...html?hpt=hp_t3
surprise, surprise.
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #2690
phrozen06
Registered User
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W
Posts: 7,528
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Well that settles it. Zimmerman should go free.
__________________


phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #2691
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
#skittlescherub
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #2692
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 532
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Well that settles it. Zimmerman should go free.
Undoubtably..not really though. That article is just for the ones that think TM was just an innocent little kid. Zimmermann still killed him and needs to be tried for it.
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #2693
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
The Zimmerman LIE

So Zimmerman defended himself against an armed drug dealer???
#seewhatididthere???


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #2694
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 958
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
LOL @ attorneys.

Quote:
The attorney for Martin's family, Benjamin Crump, says the evidence is "irrelevant" and predicted it would never be used at Zimmerman's trial.

"Is the defense trying to prove Trayvon deserved to be killed by George Zimmerman because the way he looked?" Crump said in a statement released Thursday.

"If so, this stereotypical and closed-minded thinking is the same mindset that caused George Zimmerman to get out of his car and pursue Trayvon, an unarmed kid who he didn't know. The pretrial release of these irrelevant red herrings is a desperate and pathetic attempt by the defense to pollute and sway the jury pool."

Instead, he said, jurors will focus on Zimmerman's arrest for battery on a police officer, a domestic violence injunction and other issues he said demonstrate a "propensity for violence."
Evidence regarding the personality and behavior patterns of TM doesn't matter. Now then, let's talk about GZ's personality and behavior patterns! NICE.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
Quote:
As a juror, do you think the trial was a publicity stunt?

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #2695
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
How Travyon Martin sees himself and portrays himself publicly online


hmmm

How Trayvon Martin is seen by the media


SKITTLES!!!
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 05-24-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #2696
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
How Travyon Martin sees himself and portrays himself publicly online


hmmm

How Trayvon Martin is seen by the media


SKITTLES!!!
Finger on the trigger.....how "hood." Handing a firearm when he's a minor....breaking the law.....awesome. Zimmerman is going to tapdance out of that courtroom.
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 05-24-2013 at 04:28 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #2697
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
We already know that. He's being tried in white redneck central FL. Of course he'll walk.

How long will his fat ass last out on the street?

Are you going to continue to pay for his security once the $300K you gave him runs out?
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #2698
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
We already know that. He's being tried in white redneck central FL. Of course he'll walk.

How long will his fat ass last out on the street?

Are you going to continue to pay for his security once the $300K you gave him runs out?
Nah, NBC will. He'll be living on some island, earning 5%.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #2699
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
If Trayvon's people can flood the world with his baby pictures, influencing potential jury pools, this is fair play as well. True story.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #2700
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Good luck, George.

Quote:
Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 39s
Defense is calling a witness to show state lied to the judge about not having more information about Trayvon Martin's phone **DEFENSE IS NOW SEEKING TO DELAY TRIAL, THAT IS MOTION BEING HEARD

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 23s
Judge won't let jury to go to scene. She says it would be confusing as to where witnesses were.

I don't see mentioned in these tweets, but judge said the photo of Trayvon with his "gold grill" is inadmissible.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 3m
Defense wants jury to be sequestered despite the costs and logistical challenges. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 5m
Defense says jurors might fear making a decision one way or the other because of possible repercussions. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 7m
Defense says people are facebooking about how not to get kicked off the jury. Wants the jury to be anonymous. #Zimmermanon9

WFTV Eyewitness News ***8207;@WFTV 1m
Defense can't mention #TrayvonMartin's text messages, previous fights or call 1st investigators unless door is opened.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 1m
Judge is restricting much of defense evidence from being mentioned during opening statements and reserve. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 2m
Defense says it's relevant in conjunction with Trayvon Martin's behavior on the 7/11 video and George Zimmerman's statement

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 2m
State says Trayvon Martin was not impaired by pot and jury should not hear that it was in his blood. #TrayvonMartin

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 5m
Judge won't allow defense to call officers involved in initial investigation and judge agrees unless the door opens #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 8m
Judge says Trayvon Martin's text messages won 't come in unless defense can prove that they're authenticated and relevant.#TrayvonMartin

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 16m
Judge will allow Trayvon Martin's past fights to come in if defense can authenticate the evidence. #TrayvonMartin

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 18m
Defense says it has video of Trayvon Martin videotaping 2 friends beating up a homeless guy. #TrayvonMartin

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 20m
Judge says the defense cannot mention Trayvon Martin's prior drug use. #TrayvonMartin

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 21m
Defense wants to tell jury about Trayvon Martin's marijuana use to support George Zimmerman's statement that he could have been on drugs.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 26m
State is arguing that the jury should not hear about Trayvon Martin's school suspensions for fighting and/or drugs. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 29m
Defense can't tell jury George Zimmerman passed a "lie detector" test unless the state challenges his credibility. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 32m
Court ruled that state can depose Shellie Zimmerman. She can take the fifth. The court will decide whether she must answer. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 36m
Trayvon Martin's mother Sabrina and family lawyer Benjamin Crump are here. #TrayvonMartin

Kathi Belich, WFTV ***8207;@KBelichWFTV 39m
State wants to continue questioning George Zimmerman's wife Shellie under oath. Defense does not intend to call her for now.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use