E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

View Poll Results: Are painted headlight bowls (AKA Chris Brown mod) OK or not OK?
OK! 30 53.57%
Not OK! 26 46.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #61
E46Moonlight

My Ride: 2000 323i
Poll: Chris Brown Headlight Mod -- OK or NOT OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
There's only one young person here whose contributions and knowledge earn top honors. He knows who he is. Come forth and reveal yourself, young man!

It has nothing to do with how old your brain is, but how you use it. But generally speaking, the youth are voting in favor of poor taste. You only grow wiser as you get older. 6-8 years ago I would have thought these mods are OK.

If you can't see what I mean, I won't blame you. Just wait a while. It will come.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #62
Japanrot_325i

My Ride: 03 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
I'm not even offended by his view on the safety. While I think he's making a bigger deal of it than it is, it's not the problem. The problem is him believing he is superior to those who don't share his taste and just being generally condescending. Also his "I'm older than you and therefore superior" attitude. As if he was never younger than he is now.

I really gotta ask though. What exactly do you think anyone is jealous of? The amount of money you put into a depreciating asset?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
+1

Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #63
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
I should hand out monthly awards to deserving members. It's about time excellence is acknowledged. DMAX was a test run... though I do appreciate him... mostly for his comedy and his resounding ability to tolerate abuse. LOL

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #64
Tiag46

My Ride: e46
So are you asking the question as a question, or to belittle those who answer 'Ok'? Because your intentions are obvious.
Why do you care so much about what everyone else does?
Keep your car stock and let modders mod. Everyone makes their own decisions.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #65
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiag46 View Post
So are you asking the question as a question, or to belittle those who answer 'Ok'? Because your intentions are obvious.
My car is not stock. Far from it, bud. I take that as a compliment because real modifications go largely undetected. True beauty lies within.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #66
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
I should hand out monthly awards to deserving members. It's about time excellence is acknowledged. DMAX was a test run... though I do appreciate him... mostly for his comedy and his resounding ability to tolerate abuse. LOL
That's all I was to you...a test case? All this time I thought I was a basket case?

Anyway, just to add some clarity to this thread, I'll say that it's so silly of you guys to disagree with Mango, especially when he's right, which he is 94.7% of the time according to my Mango spread sheet.

Painting bowls? Not so much imho. Though, have to say I think Moonlight rocks his tastefully...and you can't argue too much that the yellow affects the light output a lot.

But, on the principle of safety alone, I don't think you should go messing around with safety items for the sake of aesthetics. For me, the largest sin I see committed here is getting brake pads that don't dust, because they don't dust.

Still, Mango is forgetting one major item about all those who degrade safety items...the natural culling of the herd that results from them that do that!

I don't think anyone is going to die, though, by painting their bowls.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #67
WDE46
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiag46 View Post
He's asking the question to try to belittle others. Yes. This isn't about anything but that. That's my whole point now. It's beyond ridiculous. Mango thinks anything that doesn't look stock immature because its not his taste. For some reason he can't fathom that others have different taste and will always have different taste. I had some respect for you mango until about the past few days. You've really been showing your true colors lately.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #68
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
Winning......

Just sayin
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

Old 05-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #69
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
That's all I was to you...a test case? All this time I thought I was a basket case?

Anyway, just to add some clarity to this thread, I'll say that it's so silly of you guys to disagree with Mango, especially when he's right, which he is 94.7% of the time according to my Mango spread sheet.

Painting bowls? Not so much imho. Though, have to say I think Moonlight rocks his tastefully...and you can't argue too much that the yellow affects the light output a lot.

But, on the principle of safety alone, I don't think you should go messing around with safety items for the sake of aesthetics. For me, the largest sin I see committed here is getting brake pads that don't dust, because they don't dust.

Still, Mango is forgetting one major item about all those who degrade safety items...the natural culling of the herd that results from them that do that!

I don't think anyone is going to die, though, by painting their bowls.
Thanks, D. Yeah I don't think anyone will die either. But it's still physically and aesthetically degrading and looks absolutely horrid.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #70
WDE46
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Thanks, D. Yeah I don't think anyone will die either. But it's still physically and aesthetically degrading and looks absolutely horrid.
Well that's all that needed to be said. Somehow you phrased that without personally insulting those who do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRedmon View Post
Winning......

Just sayin
If it was phrased:

"Is lightly color tinting the high beam bowls acceptable?"

Then the results would be even more "yes".

His question is a biased question.

Last edited by WDE46; 05-09-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #71
DonaldE

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
As I recall from your posts, your subframe is torn and you are running DDM HID. Not sure how you can make that statement when your car is in such condition.

My car is worth more than twice (probably three times, realistically) than yours is their current state and circumstance. Oh and there's the commercial thing

I know how you'll respond. (haha yeah right I have an M3 you have a base model e46 etc etc blah blah) but ask anyone here and they'll tell you which car they would rather have when give the choice between yours and mine. In fact they already have. I could link those posts if you wish??

Please stay on topic and stop trolling!
This is still my favorite part of this whole thread. Your car will never be worth more than excellent blue book value just like every other excellent E46. It's so sad that you think you would get a cent more. And I know what you're gonna say, "I've received many offers". Blah blah blah. No you haven't. Let he who has offered such money come forward if he exists.
Reality check: Why don't you ask your car insurance company what they would pay you if someone were to hit or steal your car. I bet it's 5k max...
And the commercial? Your half second blip of a picture of your 10+ year old 160k+ mileage car. I REALLY hope it was worth the thousands of dollars you've dumped into your car to get that prime-time spot.

God, I hope you're not married. With the amount of time and money you dump into this forum and your "3 pedal 330", it's clear you've got nothing better to do with your life.
Just end this poll, the numbers are already out of your favor and will probably continue to be just that.

I swear you're the ultimate troll

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Tan Leather Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Loaded

DonaldE
Old 05-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #72
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
This is still my favorite part of this whole thread. Your car will never be worth more than excellent blue book value just like every other excellent E46. It's so sad that you think you would get a cent more. And I know what you're gonna say, "I've received many offers". Blah blah blah. No you haven't. Let he who has offered such money come forward if he exists.
Reality check: Why don't you ask your car insurance company what they would pay you if someone were to hit or steal your car. I bet it's 5k max...
And the commercial? Your half second blip of a picture of your 10+ year old 160k+ mileage car. I REALLY hope it was worth the thousands of dollars you've dumped into your car to get that prime-time spot.

God, I hope you're not married. With the amount of time and money you dump into this forum and your "3 pedal 330", it's clear you've got nothing better to do with your life.
Just end this poll, the numbers are already out of your favor and will probably continue to be just that.

I swear you're the ultimate troll
I've been offered what I state in my thread already (and more)

Nice try.

Also another indication you didn't read, this isn't about numbers. This is about quality, not quantity. I knew there would be a lot of stance kids voting. That's my point. Look at the results and who voted for what.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 05-09-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #73
JQuick5156

My Ride: 2004 330 Coupe

I was going to quote people and respond accordingly but frankly to lazy to go through all that on my phone.

I would however like to point out as I believe mango said, painting your bowls does look silly. It's a unique mod and will make your car stand out but...

Please pull up to an interview for an important job with blue headlight bowls or some other obnoxious mod.

A good example is civics that are slammed with huge wings, please show me one person who would take them seriously. Obviously it can be argued its how they act, but we all know that's not how the world works. It's all about first impressions, and how you look.

I swear mango isn't paying me to agree with his point of view but I happen to agree with it most of the time.

Maturity just arrives earlier for some.

Also

+1 for Dmax taking abuse xD

Last edited by JQuick5156; 05-09-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #74
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Well that's all that needed to be said. Somehow you phrased that without personally insulting those who do it.
I said that the first time (actually I put it even more friendlier than that) and you got your panties in a bunch. Read the thread.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...8&postcount=12

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #75
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuick5156 View Post
I was going to quote people and respond accordingly but frankly to lazy to go through all that on my phone.

I would however like to point out as I believe mango said, painting your bowls does look silly. It's a unique mod and will make your car stand out but...

Please pull up to an interview for an important job with blue headlight bowls or some other obnoxious mod.

A good example is civics that are slammed with huge wings, please show me one person who would take them seriously. Obviously it can be argued its how they act, but we all know that's not how the world works. It's all about first impressions, and how you look.

I swear mango isn't paying me to agree with his point of view but I happen to agree with it most of the time.

Maturity just arrives earlier for some.

Also

+1 for Dmax taking abuse xD

That's also a good point. I drive my car to meet lawyers and to arrive at courthouses all the time. Would not want to be seen in some modded out atrocity. I even feel conscious about my mildly lower suspension!

If you are a mature, responsible adult. you won't do these things. again, look at the names. A lot of us are respected members in our late 20s, early 30s.

And I say respected for the contributions and comments we make on a daily basis.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #76
ChrisRedmon

I think everyone should know my recent cross with Mango's "maturity" level

I recently sent him a PM basically calling truce. As stated in the PM half of my posts are of us fighting, I was courteous, respectful and even wished him good luck on the problem he is experiencing with his car (not something you would expect from someone who performs such juvenile mods, right?). If you didn't see the thread, don't bother looking for it as it got locked because he wasn't getting the answers he wanted, then claimed he would not entertain such guesses, he needed an engineer to properly diagnose it considering EVERYTHING on the car has been replaced... He didn't even bother responding to my PM

What i don't understand is you talking down on the younger generation, when you admittedly performed some of the same mods as us in your youth. Not to mention you are....30 some years old? Unlike the other older members here who simply state advice and leave it at that. You troll....hard. Like, you've won dude! You did it! You replaced everything! You know everything! Why stick around? To bash people? Mango, you never cease to amaze me. In the worst ways.
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

Last edited by ChrisRedmon; 05-09-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #77
Mango
A full five stars, son

Lies. I never got any PM from you. I can post a screenshot of my PM inbox if you'd like. Not cool.

I stick around to support the community and uphold a standard. Stick around, you may learn a thing or two. And again, look who's voting for what. Look.

Edit: And I'm 41.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 05-09-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #78
ChrisRedmon

Bam

Old 05-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #79
JQuick5156

My Ride: 2004 330 Coupe

Easy with the personal stuff in an open thread.

We all know where that leads...

Last edited by JQuick5156; 05-09-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #80
Mango
A full five stars, son

Yep when people get angry, they turn it on me, my family, my age, the commercial, money, etc. etc. Sad.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Closed Thread