E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
e30polak

My Ride: E39 Touring/'03 M3
Maximum PSI visits LA - Their Turbo E46 M3 Show Off Day @ Castro Motorsport

Hi Everyone,

So our friends Mike Radowski and Luke King will be in LA for about a week, attending both Bimmerfest and MFest 2013. They are also shipping out their shop's E46 M3 which has their factory ECU, Stage 2 Turbocharger System, which they designed and fabricated, and Nick G. of Technique Tuning tuned.

We're having a "Show Off Day" for their turbo E46 M3 at our shop on Sunday May 19th (the day after Bimmerfest) to showcase their new kit. We will be putting their M3 on our shop dyno and on a lift so they can showcase the kit.

Day: Sunday May 19, 2013
Time: TBD
Where:

Castro Motorsport
12600 Sherman Way
Units C & D
North Hollywood, CA 91605

Official pic of their kit:

This is the 1st factory ECU Turbocharger System available for the E46 M3. The stage 1 kit makes roughly 479whp/347wtq at 9 psi on 91 octane, through FACTORY E46 M3 exhaust! A link to the dyno graph:

Their Official release thread for the kit:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...6-M3-Turbo-Kit

Power gains:

93 Octane, catted down pipe with stock exhaust - 477 WHP and 368 WTQ
93 Octane, catless down pipe with stock exhaust - 484 WHP and 367 WTQ
103 Octane, catted down pipe with stock exhaust - 550 WHP and 417 WQ!!!

These numbers were recorded using a Dynojet 224x. Here is the dyno file:

The following graph shows the same exact dyno runs on our Superflow Autodyn30 recorded the same day. We see numbers 6-7% lower than any dyno jet. (This is pump catless and 103 catted)

Benefits when comparing to our competitors:

Stock MSS54 ECU tuning
Single Bank 02 sensor Conversion (More info on the benefits of that here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967056)
No fault codes stored or hidden
Utilization of the the "Check Engine" light (it will only illuminate if there is a real fault in the system)
All factory diagnostic checks are functional
The catted version will be able to pass all OBDII readiness tests without any "trickery"
OEM int
The catless version will have no CEL illuminated, however it will not pass the OBDII readiness test for cats and 02 sensors.
Our kit produces more power across the entire power band pre pound of boost when compered to any other bolt on turbo or supercharger kit without methanol injection
A cheaper more powerful turbo option
Our kit utilizes a tubular stainless steel manifold
Hand fabricated parts made and quality tested in the good ole' USA
The power gains we show are made with the bolt on kit through a full stock exhaust; nothing else is required to reach these numbers!
More gains are to be had with additional exhaust modification

Dyno Comparisons:

Maximum PSI Pump
Catless through stock exhaust

VS.

ESS VT2-550
Euro Headers
Highflow Cats
3" Section 2 aftermarket muffler

Our E46 M3 turbo kit vs HPF stage 1/stage 2 turbo kit on pump gas. Our two runs were with the catted and catless downpipes through the stock section 2 and muffler:

Pricing:

Six Speed non-catted downpipe: $9800
Six speed catted downpipe: $10,000
SMG non-catted down pipe: $10,000
SMG catted downpipe: $10,200
Installation: $2,200

With their Stage 2 upgrade (bigger injectors, fuel pump, electronic boost controller and more boost) the car made 697whp/513wtq at 17 PSI on 109 octane race fuel.

Let us know if you plan to come! Hope to see many of you next Sunday!

For anyone interested in one of these kit's for their E46 M3, we will be the first official dealer and installer of the Maximum PSI & Nick G./Technique Tuning turbo kit. For more information email me at: cebialy@gmail.com

Best regards,

Chris
e30polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
From e30's to e46's if it's got boost Castro's is the place to go
Old 05-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
e30polak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
From e30's to e46's if it's got boost Castro's is the place to go
Thanks Matt! We've been stepping up our game.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
e30polak

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but the car showed up at our shop - Castro Motorsport - yesterday! It sounds sooooooooo good!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
nice
Old 05-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
HaloArchive

My Ride: My Office Chair
This looks promising!
HaloArchive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
e30polak

So all in all, this weekend was awesome! I met Mike and Luke in Old Town Pasadena at Lucky Baldwins on Friday night, and had a great time. Saturday was even better at Bimmerfest! The Maximum PSI booth had a great turn out, every time I came back to the booth, there were dozens of people talking to Luke and Mike about the kit. The guys even mentioned that by the end of the day, they were burnt out from talking so much, lol.

I'll be posting separate threads with more pics for both Bimmerfest and the Show Off Day, but here are a few teasers from this weekend:

Bimmerfest 2013:

I had also planned the Dyno/Show Off day for their car/kit at our shop - Castro Motorsport - and we had a nice turn out. The entire AZ BMW Crew made an appearance bright and early and stayed the whole time. Since Mike and Luke started running out of MS109 on their way out to Ontario to get more, they had to put 91 craptane in the tank for a bit. Consequently the car was still adapting to the MS109 the next morning for the dyno pulls the graphs I posted below were 2 of the initial pulls, the car consistently put down around 680whp on later dyno pulls at 17 psi on our Mustang Dyno. Everyone was really impressed with the car, and Mike did about 15 trips in the car giving people rides.

From yesterday's Dyno & Show Off day at Castro Motorsport

Last edited by e30polak; 05-20-2013 at 06:27 PM.