E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #81
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Yeah but you're probably also comparing your new poly bushings to your old worn out rtabs if what you are saying is your experience. you already said you don't remember how your M3 rubber rtabs performed when new.just sayin!
Well, I kind of agree with LittleBear on the wheel movement thing. See, a busted RTAB is just an extreme case of compliance where the trailing arm can move freely. The rubber is less than that and the poly is even less than the rubber. It would make sense to me that the poly could actually help with tramlining. Does that make sense to you? I don't know if it's clear what I'm thinking.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #82
Razmataz77

My Ride: 2002 325i
I have researched some of the grease used on the poly bushings such as Marine grease, white lighting or copper lube... Any thoughts which one is the best or most effective to eliminate the squeaks.

I'm installing my POLY RTABS today and would appreciate the quick feedback.

I did not see much info with the search button....Thanks for the help in advance....
Razmataz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #83
rkneeshaw

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Someone help me understand this:

The limiters install on each side of the RTAB, limiting movement. Don't they prevent that side-to-side movement that Mango is saying is key to proper suspension articulation as much if not more than poly RTABs?

So how is OEM+limiters all that different from poly RTABs when it comes to this "binding issue"?

rkneeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote