E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #21
openskyr

My Ride: '05 330 Ci Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Have you tried operating the top manually? If you turn the Allen key in the hole on the front of the top towards the lock position and this fork shaped latch does not move then likely the rod between the motor and the latch is broken. Common issue unfortunately. There is no detailed pictorial DIY for the latches, yet there is a thread on here that identifies how to remove the cover.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Bimmer App
I'll try that next. Thanks!
openskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #22
ruslan michralijev

My Ride: bo
Re: ----UPDATED!!!! ---- Convertible not closing- latch prolly broken?? HELP!

E R R O R M E M O R Y R E P O R T
-------------------------------------

Date: 05/08/13 11:13:18
ECU: CVM_II
JobStatus: OKAY
Variant: CVM_II
-------------------------------------------------------------

RESULT: 2 errors in error memory !

67 open load on unlocking / openening

Error frequency : 1

Outside temperature 26.00 degrees C

Static error

68 open load on locking

Error frequency : 1

Outside temperature 26.00 degrees C

Static error
============================================================ =

here have some cvm errors, still dont know what they mean...

Last edited by ruslan michralijev; 05-14-2013 at 02:59 PM.
ruslan michralijev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #23
ruslan michralijev

so here is a video about my roof closing problem, i have not option to check what u say, but i will do it today, if i have a time for that, anyway thanks u for now.

Last edited by ruslan michralijev; 05-15-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #24
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan michralijev View Post
67 open load on unlocking / openening
68 open load on locking
here jts cvm problem what is it?
Likely it is this: http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=854059

"open load" usually means "broken wire".

I mentioned this previously, have you read it and checked the wires? It is the most common electrical issue with the top, if you haven't done it, go do it now and don't report back till you have.

Please also don't just check for broken wires. Get a multimeter and check the resistance of the pairs of wires in the pinout.

Again, not trying to be rude, just trying to be straight to the point.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #25
ruslan michralijev

so i just fix broken wire, i see one is definitely broken and next one in half way to be broken... i fix both cable, now its working good, so thanks y taylor for help...

Last edited by ruslan michralijev; 05-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #26
ruslan michralijev

hey taylor, i feel shy to ask u about help whit my roof, dam i have now other new problem, all was going last weeks very well but from last day start new problem, when i open roof all way go fine but when roof was stay in stay position and is open cover panel i still hold a buttom to open l, but just hear hydraulic sound and nothing happend, roof was stay in half way up and not go all way down and cover panel not close and windows dont go up, after some pushing open buttom or close buttom, just stop and nothing happend i need close top manual and try it all again, but i still same problem, do u thing i put much liquid when i try fix last problem whit wire? or its just old car and come up new problem? i will check ii when i have time but its really horrible this year just electrics problem whit roof... thank man, i put later a video here whit my problem

Last edited by ruslan michralijev; 06-06-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #27
taylor192

Send me a PM so I remember. I'm away till tues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #28
ruslan michralijev

so i was check the problem in pc no errors there, i dont understand it, here is a link for video

Last edited by ruslan michralijev; 06-10-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #29
taylor192

Quote:
hey taylor, i feel shy to ask u about help whit my roof, dam i have now other new problem, all was going last weeks very well but from last day start new problem, when i open roof all way go fine but when roof was stay in stay position and is open cover panel i still hold a buttom to open l, but just hear hydraulic sound and nothing happend, roof was stay in half way up and not go all way down and cover panel not close and windows dont go up, after some pushing open buttom or close buttom, just stop and nothing happend i need close top manual and try it all again, but i still same problem, do u thing i put much liquid when i try fix last problem whit wire? or its just old car and come up new problem? i will check ii when i have time but its really horrible this year just electrics problem whit roof... thank man, i put later a video here whit my problem
The video doesn't work, try to post it again. Otherwise please post pictures. I understand english might not be your first language, yet I am having problems understanding exactly what is wrong. Can you try posting the exact steps you're doing, like:

1. Manually close top
2. Push top open button
3. Top opens to position < describe or take photo/video >
4. Top stops
5. ...

Please check the fluid level with the top open. You can manually open the top by lifting the storage lid, folding the top into the storage area, then closing the storage lid. You will not be able to latch the lid, yet this position is what you're after to ensure all the fluid is in the pump. Carefully open the trunk (with the storage lid not latched it may hit the trunk, have someone push down on the storage lid so the trunk clears it ) and check the fluid level.

If you can hear the pump and there are no codes, then the pump is struggling to operate. This happens when the fluid is too low, and repeatedly causing the pump to struggle will damage it.

Please don't post again till you have checked the fluid level with the top open as there's not much else I can suggest till I have more info.

Cheers,
Taylor

Last edited by taylor192; 06-11-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
ruslan michralijev

try again check the video i hope will work whrn i click its playing fine, and i take pics and video again to show u problem, but liquid was under (bulleye) when its close top, when its open bit down, i last time change liquid and put new one, so i make all documentation tomorrow.

Last edited by ruslan michralijev; 06-11-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #31
taylor192

Quote:
try again check the video i hope will work whrn i click its playing fine, and i take pics and video again to show u problem, but liquid was under (bulleye) when its close top, when its open bit down, i last time change liquid and put new one, so i make all documentation tomorrow.
OK, got the video to work. Here it is for others that may have problems with the original link:

Everything looks good up to the roof not lowering into the storage area. I'm surprised the storage lid starts to close before the top is stored. There is a sensor near the drivers main lift cyclinder that tells the CVM the position of the top, so it shouldn't try to close the storage lid till the top is all the way down.

I would check your fluid level first with the top down to ensure there is not too much. At the position it stops the storage lid cylinders are retracted to raise the lid, then the bow tension and main lift cylinders retract to store the top. The pump reservoir needs room for all that hydraulic fluid, thus why you're supposed to check the level when the top is down, not up.

Please check the level with the top open, not closed.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #32
taylor192

Ruslan,

Post here rather than send me emails. You can attach photos to posts, go to advanced mode and look for the attach button. Please attach the photo of the pump reservoir with the top down.

Here's another video from Ruslan:

After the storage lid raises you can hear the pump trying to work, yet nothing happens (although there is a lot of wind and engine noise). Perhaps a video indoors with the car off would help us listen in to what's happening.

I'm stumped if its not pump related. Here's my thoughts:
- If it was the bow tension or main pillar hall sensor not telling the CVM the correct position of the top, I'd expect the CVM to store a code and the light to flash. Ruslan says he just holds the open button and nothing happens.
- It might be the solenoid that controls the main lift cylinders... yet I have no clue how to test that.

Sorry Ruslan, might be time for a trip to a dealership.