E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #21
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,266
My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Exactly. This is assumed.
Being a older man giving his grown middle aged daughter a .25 acp it was probably a older striker fired pistol. These are a bad design and imho should not be carried with one in the chamber due to not being drop safe.

Shit happins, she may just be a saint.... you cant give judgement calls in a situation like this.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #22
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,613
My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
It really dosent matter what you think, what matters is what the law says. ...it was just an opinion

Its 100% legal to give somebody a firearm...as long as there of sound mind, legal age, and has a clean record. Her father has no fault with this. It was a legal transfer and he's out of the picture in the eyes of the law. What if her father told her it was okay to have the gun in her purse? Sure it's not "illegal" but c'mon man
in red
__________________
carsig

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 05-14-2013 at 10:23 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #23
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,266
My Ride: 02 330I
Regardless of what her father told her he broke no laws.

What do you want, to have him charged also? What about the gun company, they should charge them also? or the people who sold the father the gun? or the ammo company?

blame ends with the lady period.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,613
My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Regardless of what her father told her he broke no laws.

What do you want, to have him charged also? What about the gun company, they should charge them also? or the people who sold the father the gun? or the ammo company?

blame ends with the lady period.
You don't understand what I'm saying... It's obviously not against the law to do what he did and I'm not saying he should be charged, that still doensn't mean it's not his fault. There are plenty of things that people can do that technically aren't illegal, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE.

Comparing the gun company/ammo company to this father is just not a fair comparison... That's like saying we should blame the food companies for diabetes.
__________________
carsig

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 05-15-2013 at 08:45 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #25
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,266
My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
You don't understand what I'm saying... It's obviously not against the law to do what he did and I'm not saying he should be charged, that still doensn't mean it's not his fault. There are plenty of things that people can do that technically aren't illegal, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE.

Comparing the gun company/ammo company to this father is just not a fair comparison... That's like saying we should blame the food companies for diabetes.
It's not his fault. Saying it is is the same as saying everyone who has ever owned it is at fault. Afterall, if the gun was never made...if it was never sold... if the ammo was ever made...


Right now its a legal standpoint cut and dry. He has no fault in this.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #26
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,613
My Ride: 03 S2000
sigh.....With your genius logic,


-Car manufactures are responsible for all crashes, the person that gave the drunk driver the keys is not reponsible
-Water companies are responsible for all drownings, the person that gave a person scuba gear without any instruction is not responsible
-Electric companies are responsible for all electrocutions, the person that told the other guy the power was off before installing his ceiling fan is not responsible
-Ammo/gun companies kill people, the person that gave the loaded gun to a someone that doesn't know how to handle it is not responsible


Got it.


How do you NOT see that it is SOMEWHAT his fault????? Sure, it's 90% her fault, but some of the fault is on him, illegal or not.
__________________
carsig

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 05-15-2013 at 11:56 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #27
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,266
My Ride: 02 330I
umm... I think your a bit mixed up about that.

It all comes down to personal responsibility. Thats a major problem with this generation and clearly shows why you want to lay blame with her father. Everybody wants to lay blame somewhere other than themselves. It's like insurance, shared risk and all.

I see this sorta thing every day, I'm a mechanic... I fix other peoples "problems" that are clearly not there fault. Engine locks up.... because it gets its oil changed every 30k miles...... YUP... The last man who worked on it is at fault.

She broke the law, she had the accident...personal responsibility.

Simple question... Do you wish to see the father charged?

Dunno man, really sounds like your barking up the same tree. Sounds like one in the same to me, I was the one that said it was her and her responsibility only.
Quote:
How do you NOT see that it is SOMEWHAT his fault????? Sure, it's 90% her fault, but some of the fault is on him, illegal or not.
Quote:
-Car manufactures are responsible for all crashes, the person that gave the drunk driver the keys is not reponsible
-Water companies are responsible for all drownings, the person that gave a person scuba gear without any instruction is not responsible
-Electric companies are responsible for all electrocutions, the person that told the other guy the power was off before installing his ceiling fan is not responsible
-Ammo/gun companies kill people, the person that gave the loaded gun to a someone that doesn't know how to handle it is not responsible

Last edited by tailo; 05-15-2013 at 07:27 PM.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #28
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,613
My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Simple question... Do you wish to see the father charged?
I stated earlier that I don't think he should be charged at all, but my point is it was still fvcking dumb for him to give her the gun, am I wrong? Seems like I'm right on point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
...and I'm not saying he should be charged, that still doensn't mean it's not his fault. There are plenty of things that people can do that technically aren't illegal, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE.
We both agree that it is her that should be the only person charged. I think we are bickering over nothing
__________________
carsig
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:09 AM   #29
Reese91
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 102
My Ride: 2003 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
I stated earlier that I don't think he should be charged at all, but my point is it was still fvcking dumb for him to give her the gun, am I wrong? Seems like I'm right on point.



We both agree that it is her that should be the only person charged. I think we are bickering over nothing
The women was 51, and I doubt the handgun was a recent gift. more likely than not that handgun had been riding around in that purse waiting for its own evil chance to inflict pain and suffering on others with its beady little sights and small caliber barrel for years. such a malicious little handgun....(end sarcasm)

Sh*t happens and this lady should have been more safety minded in her handling of a firearm and the storage of a loaded firearm in her purse.
Reese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use