E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
TnT817

My Ride: 01 330ci
New audio install w/ new brand and pics

So I haven't seen anyone use the new German maestro branded speakers on here. So I went out to my local audio place and purchased a set if the concept series components and a set of the concept coaxs for the rear. This brand is the new mb quart (quality stuff) after they sold the company to Asia the original engineers from my quart made the German maestro brand.

Well I got the 5.5in components for the front and they mounted very easily and it looks like they are more german car friendly with the different mounts they come with which was very nice for the tweeters. I still had to make an adaptor ring for the mids but that was easy.

I did the 6.5in coaxs for the rear and just disabled the tweeters in them because I was looking more for just the mid bass from them. I cut up the original rear woofers and used them as the mounting adaptor.

I deleted the factory HK amp via a wiring diagram I found and used an alpine mrp-f300 amp to power them. This was probably the most time consuming part if it all. Although these speakers are only 50rms they are extremely efficient and I have no clipping or any distortion at an extremely high level of volume.

I then purchased an alpine type-r 8in sub. These are actually supposed to perform better than any of the higher up brands. I used an alpine 500w mono block amp to power it.

For the amps to work I decided against using the high level input option and got an audio control lc6i as a line out converter.

My next adventure was figuring out how I wanted everything mounted. I decided on a different sub box that I haven't seen done before and it turned out pretty great. Since the sub only needed .3 cu ft it could be very small which is what I wanted.

Overall this system turned out perfect and was exactly what I wanted. A great SQ oriented system while retaining a classy mostly factory look.

Here are a few pictures of the amp rack and sub box. They are not 100% complete yet, just ordered my carpet for them and still need to techflex my wires but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368927881.228646.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	506227   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368927899.242565.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	506228   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368927932.543310.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	506230  

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
TnT817

Here is the sub box finished. Still working on the amp rack, but the OT at work isn't allowing much time for this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1369348994.907830.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	507221  
Old 06-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
got any pictures of the amp rack done?

I'm actually looking for ideas to mount just 1 amp... (didn't buy it yet) i'm getting the Alpine MRP-M500 to power a Pioneer 10"

Check out my ride
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
TnT817

New audio install w/ new brand and pics

No I haven't got it done yet. Too much stuff going on for the time being to have time for it unfortunately. It really just needs to be carpeted and have the wires routed though. If you're just doing 1 amp it may just be easier to mount it under the rear deck. I was kind of going for a little show when I did mine. Just depends on what you want to do.

EDIT: the small amp in the front is the amp you're looking at by the way.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by TnT817; 06-23-2013 at 12:47 PM.
TnT817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
TnT817

Finally got around to finishing my amp rack. Doesn't look like there was too much interest in this but here it is anyway!

It still is all fingered up and is kind of dirty.

photo null_zpse9162397.jpg
 photo null_zps25e1b35c.jpg
 photo null_zps976ee67b.jpg

Last edited by TnT817; 10-29-2013 at 07:39 PM.
TnT817 is offline   Reply With Quote