E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 AM   #21
lorenzeandmark

My Ride: loves me too!!!
Send a message via Yahoo to lorenzeandmark
I have no pass through or folding seat so mines out but i have the rear doors for sound imaging and find it acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris
Now go my child and enter the light....
lorenzeandmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #22
adrian320

My Ride: 2002 2.2L I6 Sedan
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzeandmark View Post
I have no pass through or folding seat so mines out but i have the rear doors for sound imaging and find it acceptable.
So in other words, your rear deck speakers are out and you have speakers in the rear doors. Correct? Pardon my ignorance but I hadn't heard of speakers in the rear doors, is that part of a HK upgrade option?

No, no, there is no climate change, it just getting hotter and hotter....and hotter. Yeah, right!?!!?
adrian320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #23
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
I am considering porting the rear deck but keeping my rear speakers, where can I find out tuning info to make sure I'm getting the most from the ports?

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Package shelf Sub

So, is it practicable to install a 8" or 10" sub in the package shelf? It is doable, but is it worthwhile?
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #25
ultimatemj

My Ride: 04 E46 M3
Why yes it is

And it takes up less room than the stock HK sub and fills the car with plenty o'boom-boom
ultimatemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #26
TnT817

My Ride: 01 330ci
Another option is to build a box to fire the sub at the opposite side of the trunk like passenger to driver side. There was a guy that did some pretty good tests with sub location in e46s with a decibel meter and determined that firing across the trunk gives the best response in the cabin. I'm running a single type r 8 with a 500w mono block and have plenty of bass in the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368929266.810226.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	506240  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #27
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusmarkus View Post
So, is it practicable to install a 8" or 10" sub in the package shelf? It is doable, but is it worthwhile?
You can find stealthbox enclosures used- and do two 8" subwoofers without needing to cut anything.

^His install looks great but it's a bunch of work, and cutting into your car is never a pleasant feeling no matter how good the end result (ask me how I know).
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote