E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #121
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
310+ yards? That's some tour ish right there.
Yeah, I was going insane when that happened haha. I usually average around 240-260 though.

Quote:
I played a quick nine after work yesterday. Shot 46, missed 4-5 putts within 5 feet for Pars... I like to say its the putter, but its definitely me. LOL
I do this far too often. Way too many 2-3 putts. I really need to work on my putting, but I can never figure out speed. Recently I've been taking practice shots by looking at the hole instead of at the ball and it helps a little, but still can't get it done on the course.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #122
Shaban

Just bought a set of Ping i3+ Irons (3-PW) for $80. Love owning a pawn shop lol
Old 05-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #123
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
Shot 46 on Tuesday on 9 holes. I than shot 92 yesterday on 18. Again, missing short putts.
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers - patiently waiting delivery
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD

Last edited by jdny516; 05-20-2013 at 06:30 AM.
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #124
Glidde8

My Ride: 2004 325CI
**Official GOLF Thread**

Played in a scramble tournament yesterday; had a blast. Was doing pretty well until the beers started flowing!! My shot of the day was a 7 iron that I put 5 feet from the pin on a 156 yard par 3.....we ended up paring the hole.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Glidde8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #125
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
I grabbed a quick 9 on a par 3 course after a day baseball game yesterday...didn't play all that well since I was rushing to fit it in and get home at a reasonable time.
For some reason I was really hitting it off the toe a lot last night as evidenced by my ball marks on the club. Hopefully it was just because I was rushing.

I have a day long scramble on Monday which is a HUGE tournament for a charity, so I'd like to put up some decent shots.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #126
Hockeyguy02

My Ride: E46 m3
Played a local par 3, 9 hole. Shot my best to date 38. 5th time at a course. Slowly progressing.

CarbonBlackCinnamon
30% Tint/Black Grilles And Gills/CF Wrapped Trim/MeganRacingExhaust/DepoSmokedCorners
Hockeyguy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #127
Shaban

Shot a 107 yesterday. My putting was a lot better, but my chipping/short game was off. Gotta be more consistent.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #128
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Played 9 after work (left early) on Friday. Decent course, but the greens were like burber carpet, the plains of the green were mini-golf like lol, and the yardage on the scorecards and the markers on the fairway were WAY off. I overshot a green by 30 yds because the score card said it was 178 out (par 3.) Grabbed my 5 iron and nailed it perfect... that was my mulligan of the day, i found out later it was 145ish... which is why my damn 7 iron hit put me far back on the green on my second shot.

Walked off with a 44, which... idk i guess was pretty good considering any 6ft putt was a PAIN in the ass
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #129
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Played a 9 yesterday, 36 par, and shot 5 over.... got super ****ed on this 220 par 3.

Driver: R11S
Irons: Cleveland CG Gold
Putter: Ping Scottsdale (I think)
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #130
JJR4884

Morning Gents

Couple things of discussion today

1. What do you guys where? This was a topic in golfwrx.com, but i'd rather chat with my fanatics.

Shirts - Couple solid color Nike Dri-fit polos, and some Head polos I got for $10 each at Marshalls, can't be that, dry fit as well.
Pants - Some hugo boss slacks (flat front) work well for not so warm days, but I also have a number of plaid shorts and a pair of plaid Nike Dri-fit pants that surprisingly work pretty awesome.
Shoes - Crappy pair of black nick golf sneakers which are not in use anymore. A pair of brown/white Allen Edmond wingtips, because i'm a douchbag.

I am in the market for a nice (inexpensive) pair of navy and light gray (or white) straight leg, slightly slimmer fitting, dry golf pants. I hate the fact that Addidas/Puma/Nike have these for sale for $70-$100. Anyone have a decent brand where I can snatch somthing like this up for $30ish?

Also, the wingtips aren't particularly for wear with shorts, so I am in the market for a white golf sneaker. The FootJoy M Projects have caught my eye. The white/lime green will match my new TaylorMade Stratus 3.0 bag, which is white/black/slime green

In addition, is anyone keeping tabs on this retarded Sergio Garcia BS? I lost a lot of respect for the Golf channel over the last two days. They are making a bigger deal out of this than they need to IMO. Who cares he said fried chicken... there were PLENTY of other things that could have been said that were much worse, but he poked fun at a stereotype. Now they are talking about racism counseling, taylor made and addidas are throwing out more apologies than anything I have ever seen. This kind of reaction promotes more sensitivity to racism in general, and you can tell that the commentators have to just say how appauling and wrong this is, because god forbid one person says "who effing cares" they will be blamed for being a racist.

Retarded.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #131
jdny516

^
Shirts - I mostly wear Nike Dri-Fit polos or Brooks Brother polos. Honestly it really doesn't matter to me. Any polo will due.
Pants - Usually brooks brother pants as well. I just use the ones I wear to work, they are washable and wrinkle free so they come out of the dryer looking like they did when I had the tag on them.
Shoes - Just bought a pair of Nike TW13's in white. I must say these are the best golf shoes I have ever worn. I try to golf frequently and in my old pair of Nike's I would get foot craps or blisters. These TW13's are super comfy and supportive. They have a "medium" and "wide" fitment as well. Played 4 rounds in 3 days about a month ago, and my feet felt great. I went for the white pair because I read reviews on the black ones getting too hot inside on hot days. (And I think the white ones look better) The new TW14's are on pre-order so the 13's just dropped in price. I might snag another pair just to hold onto after my current pair wears out. Seriously get a pair.

As for the Sergio saga, If I were PGA committee, I would pair Tiger and Sergio every 1st round, LOL!
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #132
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
In addition, is anyone keeping tabs on this retarded Sergio Garcia BS? I lost a lot of respect for the Golf channel over the last two days. They are making a bigger deal out of this than they need to IMO. Who cares he said fried chicken... there were PLENTY of other things that could have been said that were much worse, but he poked fun at a stereotype. Now they are talking about racism counseling, taylor made and addidas are throwing out more apologies than anything I have ever seen. This kind of reaction promotes more sensitivity to racism in general, and you can tell that the commentators have to just say how appauling and wrong this is, because god forbid one person says "who effing cares" they will be blamed for being a racist.

Retarded.
Sergio is the retarded one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #133
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Sergio is the retarded one.
Trust me, I'm not defending him in the least bit, but the debate on him making a dumb joke in poor fashion is NOT the way they are treating it... you might of thought there was a hate crime committed.

I love the irony of all the white collar whities that are commentating on how offensive this is, like they have a say in this matter other than to look at politically correct as possible before the race finger is pointed at them.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #134
JJR4884

Quote:
^
Shirts - I mostly wear Nike Dri-Fit polos or Brooks Brother polos. Honestly it really doesn't matter to me. Any polo will due.
Pants - Usually brooks brother pants as well. I just use the ones I wear to work, they are washable and wrinkle free so they come out of the dryer looking like they did when I had the tag on them.
Shoes - Just bought a pair of Nike TW13's in white. I must say these are the best golf shoes I have ever worn. I try to golf frequently and in my old pair of Nike's I would get foot craps or blisters. These TW13's are super comfy and supportive. They have a "medium" and "wide" fitment as well. Played 4 rounds in 3 days about a month ago, and my feet felt great. I went for the white pair because I read reviews on the black ones getting too hot inside on hot days. (And I think the white ones look better) The new TW14's are on pre-order so the 13's just dropped in price. I might snag another pair just to hold onto after my current pair wears out. Seriously get a pair.

As for the Sergio saga, If I were PGA committee, I would pair Tiger and Sergio every 1st round, LOL!
I think i am going to maybe take a ride today to Dick's or Golfers Warehouse just to try a few pairs on and see what fits right. Ill definitely try the TW13's.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #135
jdny516

I promise you wont be disappointed
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #136
JJR4884

Old 05-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #137
SLVR JDM

I'm typically wearing either a Greg Norman, Adidas, or Nike dry fit type polo w/ Greg Norman or Adidas shorts. I've got a pair of Adidas shoes that I bought last year (can't remember the model) that are extremely comfortable. Adidas just fit me right in general.

I'm off to play a quick 9 for league in a few minutes...hopefully better than my tournament outing the other day

** Removed **
Old 05-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #138
JJR4884

we need to put some pics from the course on this thread... i'm not going to be golfing until at least mid next week, but i will take some pics of a few holes... maybe i'll take a pic of all nine and give a run down of the course
Old 05-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #139
SLVR JDM

Re: **Official GOLF Thread**

Shot a 45 tonight..a couple strokes better than last week and 8 better than my first two rounds....missed a couple of birdies by inches. Next week my target is 42

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

** Removed **
Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #140
Hockeyguy02

My Ride: E46 m3
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1369365875.202338.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	507259 local 9 hole I play. Great little spot.

CarbonBlackCinnamon
30% Tint/Black Grilles And Gills/CF Wrapped Trim/MeganRacingExhaust/DepoSmokedCorners
Hockeyguy02 is online now   Reply With Quote