E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #221
SiGmA_X

My Ride: 93 325iS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 View Post
Nice try to start more crap, I was never an owner. I'm out more money than every customer that claims to be out money by a factor of 7. If I was an owner I certainly would not do an LLC, it would have been an S corp.
Yeah, I'll back you on that, you definitely said investor not owner all along. Why exactly you're cleaning up Chris' mess is a slight mystery, if I am guessing I think its for goodwill for the next owner of the kit rights. Either or, I am sure many, many customers are happy.

Why would you do an S over LLC? Not starting a fight or anything, I'm curious. I have a rudimentary understanding of both, and an S seems like a lot more work for zero additional benefit for a company of this magnitude. Board, annual reports and meetings, etc. LLC's have different benefits for loss allocation, different structures for income allocation vs ownership allocation and the ability for foreign investors... I'd love your input for educational purposes
Quote:
Vanos bolt backed out and a piece broke off, then worked it's way down into the oil pan. Evil things happened, scored the cylinder wall. Happened sitting at a traffic light. This is the second time in 7 years that this has happened, just had it serviced by a local shop 3 days before.
Ouch! That's $hitty!! Is this a common occurrence with S54s? Should loctite be used on these bolts or something? Or a better torque wrench (tho, HPF had digital SnapOn's IIRC).. Man that's bad times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post

Thought HPF was an LLC. Regardless warranties are gone, period.. there is no getting water from a rock as Derek has said.
Yes. I suppose the one exception would be if the business pays off all creditors / returns all inventory to the satisfaction of the property owners, etc, perhaps it could just dissolve? A company in good standing should have no issues with closing its doors. Now from what we know with HPF, that may welllll not be the case. I wish we had all the facts, but alas, we do not.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #222
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGmA_X View Post
Yeah, I'll back you on that, you definitely said investor not owner all along. Why exactly you're cleaning up Chris' mess is a slight mystery, if I am guessing I think its for goodwill for the next owner of the kit rights. Either or, I am sure many, many customers are happy.

Why would you do an S over LLC? Not starting a fight or anything, I'm curious. I have a rudimentary understanding of both, and an S seems like a lot more work for zero additional benefit for a company of this magnitude. Board, annual reports and meetings, etc. LLC's have different benefits for loss allocation, different structures for income allocation vs ownership allocation and the ability for foreign investors... I'd love your input for educational purposesOuch! That's $hitty!! Is this a common occurrence with S54s? Should loctite be used on these bolts or something? Or a better torque wrench (tho, HPF had digital SnapOn's IIRC).. Man that's bad times.Yes. I suppose the one exception would be if the business pays off all creditors / returns all inventory to the satisfaction of the property owners, etc, perhaps it could just dissolve? A company in good standing should have no issues with closing its doors. Now from what we know with HPF, that may welllll not be the case. I wish we had all the facts, but alas, we do not.
I prefer an S election on a corporation as well, easier to convert to full corp. You never know where your business may wind up, yes there are more board meeting requirements, minutes, officer structure, etc.. but most of that really doesn't take up much time. S Corp is better if you plan on eventually converting to full corp.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Old 06-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #223
dm4paintballer

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I prefer an S election on a corporation as well, easier to convert to full corp. You never know where your business may wind up, yes there are more board meeting requirements, minutes, officer structure, etc.. but most of that really doesn't take up much time. S Corp is better if you plan on eventually converting to full corp.
Under current tax laws, there is no substantial benefit of being a C Corp. Most C corps actually are electing Sub S status these days. Problem with tax laws is something that is great today, may completely stink if laws are changed.

The benefits of C, S orLLC is that they are separate legal entities and the owners are separate and can't be harmed by lawsuits (exceptions are there though) and their assets are protected. If you are a C or S, you must maintain it like a separate entity and do the BOD meetings, etc or the veil can be penetrated that way for example and get to the shareholders personal assets.

Under current tax law, LLCs are the most favorable and flexible. You don't need a partner for a LLC either. They are called single member LLCs and file a schedule C on your standard 1040.

Now, if Chris was intentionally defrauding his customers, he won't be able to hide regardless of the structure (not an accusation, just a comment as I don't know all the facts). That's criminal. Look at all the execs that get prison time for fraud.

Yes, I am a CPA.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #224
imapimp

My Ride: 2002.5 AV6 6MT 04M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm4paintballer View Post
Under current tax laws, there is no substantial benefit of being a C Corp. Most C corps actually are electing Sub S status these days. Problem with tax laws is something that is great today, may completely stink if laws are changed.

The benefits of C, S orLLC is that they are separate legal entities and the owners are separate and can't be harmed by lawsuits (exceptions are there though) and their assets are protected. If you are a C or S, you must maintain it like a separate entity and do the BOD meetings, etc or the veil can be penetrated that way for example and get to the shareholders personal assets.

Under current tax law, LLCs are the most favorable and flexible. You don't need a partner for a LLC either. They are called single member LLCs and file a schedule C on your standard 1040.

Now, if Chris was intentionally defrauding his customers, he won't be able to hide regardless of the structure (not an accusation, just a comment as I don't know all the facts). That's criminal. Look at all the execs that get prison time for fraud.

Yes, I am a CPA.
Do you have a good form or online tool that can be used to record BOD meetings and such?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #225
dm4paintballer

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapimp View Post
Do you have a good form or online tool that can be used to record BOD meetings and such?
Honestly, no. Do a quick google search for BOD minutes and you will find the format or send me your email and I can email you a basic template. Just make sure corprate President and Secretary sign and date it. And if you are small, put a recurring date on your calendar so you don't forget to have the meeting.

Feel free to pm any particular questions you might have.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #226
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: HPF M3 2.5+
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
Does HPF owe you MONEY, PARTS, or LABOR .. What can WE do ?

So I'm still out my parts and tune. have not had any success and have made other arrangements... I am wondering how others have made out with their credit card orders and disputes. My credit card company said I will know if 60days and I may not get my money back... I am also wondering if personal assets were leveraged to finance the company?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by being3; 06-04-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #227
Grendelsbane

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
So I'm still out my parts and tune. have not had any success and have made other arrangements... I am wondering how others have made out with their credit card orders and disputes. My credit card company said I will know if 60days and I may not get my money back... I am also wondering if personal assets were leveraged to finance the company?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I got a credit back from my bank within 2 weeks of my dispute. I imagine they are still going to go to the trouble of verifying that HPF has gone the way of the dodo, but given the situation I imagine it will be upheld quite easily.
2004 Silver M3 / SMG / Koni Yellow shocks and struts / Vogtlands lowering springs / Eibach front and rear sway bars / Proflex bushings / Predator Orion V2 Multi-Color LED Angel Eyes / Laser Interceptors / Clear Bumper Reflectors / Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator / AKG Motor mounts / Rogue Engineering Transmission Mount / AKG differential bushings / Euro mirrors / B&B Exhaust / CSL SMG tune /DME CSL tune

Old 06-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #228
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
I am also wondering if personal assets were leveraged to finance the company?
Not that I know of, Amex attorney and my attorney have been working on the liquidation as of yet they cannot find anything to attach on too. Even if there was you would be so far down the list, you wouldn't get anything. Follow what your bank tells you to do and you should get your money back, at least you have hope in getting it back.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #229
SiGmA_X

My Ride: 93 325iS
@Derek, isn't it usual that company owned assets, like servers, will be sold? That's how it has been in every business I have helped liquidate... So if HPF owned their servers, and Chris stole them... Isn't there some sort of ramification for that? I'm curious how Chris is able to skirt that. The owners of the last company I consulted with would have made out with hundreds of thousands in assets if they weren't legally obligated to not steal their companies assets... HPF's situation is reasonably confusing to me...
Old 06-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #230
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGmA_X View Post
@Derek, isn't it usual that company owned assets, like servers, will be sold? That's how it has been in every business I have helped liquidate... So if HPF owned their servers, and Chris stole them... Isn't there some sort of ramification for that? I'm curious how Chris is able to skirt that. The owners of the last company I consulted with would have made out with hundreds of thousands in assets if they weren't legally obligated to not steal their companies assets... HPF's situation is reasonably confusing to me...
The court of public doesn't work here, nor does blatant litigious claims. Do you have an Hpf order that is missing? Seems like you only came over after Hpf closed. If you have an order that is missing please pm me your order number, that's what this thread is about.

6 pallets of returned products have been sent back so far. After that pretty much every creditor has received their inventory back and the account are now taken care of.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #231
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:

6 pallets of returned products have been sent back so far. After that pretty much every creditor has received their inventory back and the account are now taken care of.
Okay, if you have questions regarding your order, pm Forcefed. And if your are having trouble and need this thread open for public consumption, please send me tell.

"I never met a girl that make me feel like you do,..you're alright...Whenever I'm asked who makes my dreams real, I say that you do, you're alright..
Baby, baby, baby.. I'm bringing you a love that's true..Baby, baby, baby.. I'm bringing you a love that's true.."

Bimmerfest BBQ 2014
Closed Thread