E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
enzo 240
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 16
My Ride: ///M3 Vert
What is my ///M worth?

So I'm going to have to sell my car (buying a house), I've had it for a bit but anyway down to details. It's an 01 m3 vert, silver on black, 6 speed. new tires, newer clutch, the transmission is a little tricky (sometimes hard to go into 1st or 2nd) everything works. Interior is pretty clean, has some double din that i only us for AUX. exterior is also in pretty good shape (considering the age). Btw the car is filthy in that photo but its the only I've I have right now

I'm posting this question because I'm unsure of what the going price actually is. kkb says its only worth 11k but i see ones in worst shape than mine and they're asking 16k.

Any input is apperciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	510501  

Last edited by enzo 240; 06-11-2013 at 12:54 PM.
enzo 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
MathewM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 32
My Ride: BMW M3 E46
How many miles?
MathewM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
enzo 240
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 16
My Ride: ///M3 Vert
124,000. the #1 thing needed and I forget it
enzo 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
Apexeon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: China
Posts: 114
My Ride: drthrt
The one I bought a month ago, identical to yours with about 145k miles, was sold to me for $10k (I paid a little bit more since I did financing). If I was looking to buy your car, and you had just done the Inspection 2 +everything else you've just mentioned, I would offer you $13k. It would be hard for me to justify getting an '01 model for $14k.

just my $.02
Apexeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
MathewM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 32
My Ride: BMW M3 E46
I agree, 13K if you give it a little bit of time. Probably lower if you need to sell it fast.
MathewM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Moosecakes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 836
My Ride: 02' SMG M3
The car is worth what someone is willing to pay. I paid 12k for my 02' with 107k on it. Vert's have always been less than coupes at least around me. By 2-3k. I personally wont pay over KBB. regarldess of mods, maint, whatever. If the car is well maintained and I wouldn't have to do anything then high BB price, if there is things that need addressed then mid, etc etc.

I'll be honest If I was looking to buy a vert and came across yours, 124k miles, 01' and it sounds like you need a new TOB. I would probably offer 10k and no more. These car's aren't worth what people seem to think they are regardless of whats done or how well maintained. I've seen 80k mile 02's with people asking 15k+ and that's typically with a few cosmetic problems and lack of records... that's insane. Think of them as "cash cars" not many people are able to finance them without either a large downpayment or buying an 06' ZCP model that' still has a kbb of 30k+.

What would you be happy with letting it go for? How fast is buying that house worth it to you is going to determine your price. The seller of my car was asking 14k originally, wanted to buy a house, I told him what do you really want to get this done and he came down to 12k, done deal for me. Didn't even have to haggle and the car is in fantastic shape save a couple cosmetic things that are easily corrected.
__________________
Moosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Apexeon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: China
Posts: 114
My Ride: drthrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosecakes View Post
The car is worth what someone is willing to pay. I paid 12k for my 02' with 107k on it. Vert's have always been less than coupes at least around me. By 2-3k. I personally wont pay over KBB. regarldess of mods, maint, whatever. If the car is well maintained and I wouldn't have to do anything then high BB price, if there is things that need addressed then mid, etc etc.

I'll be honest If I was looking to buy a vert and came across yours, 124k miles, 01' and it sounds like you need a new TOB. I would probably offer 10k and no more. These car's aren't worth what people seem to think they are regardless of whats done or how well maintained. I've seen 80k mile 02's with people asking 15k+ and that's typically with a few cosmetic problems and lack of records... that's insane. Think of them as "cash cars" not many people are able to finance them without either a large downpayment or buying an 06' ZCP model that' still has a kbb of 30k+.

What would you be happy with letting it go for? How fast is buying that house worth it to you is going to determine your price. The seller of my car was asking 14k originally, wanted to buy a house, I told him what do you really want to get this done and he came down to 12k, done deal for me. Didn't even have to haggle and the car is in fantastic shape save a couple cosmetic things that are easily corrected.
There's an actual mathematical formula used to calculate the value of the car based on a number of factors. What someone is willing to pay (demand) is one of those factors, but by no means the only determining factor.
Apexeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
n3985
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 441
My Ride: E92 soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexeon View Post
There's an actual mathematical formula used to calculate the value of the car based on a number of factors. What someone is willing to pay (demand) is one of those factors, but by no means the only determining factor.
Uhh yes it is. You can assess "fair" value anyway you want. But unless you find a buyer willing to pay whatever "fair" is there is no deal.
__________________
n3985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
Apexeon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: China
Posts: 114
My Ride: drthrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3985 View Post
Uhh yes it is. You can assess "fair" value anyway you want. But unless you find a buyer willing to pay whatever "fair" is there is no deal.
That's a nice theory, but in practice there are plenty of buyers driving the cost up beyond the fair value of the vehicle. Or are you saying you routinely see BMW's being sold under their "fair value" ?

Don't confuse fair value and perceived value.
Apexeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
n3985
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 441
My Ride: E92 soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexeon View Post
That's a nice theory, but in practice there are plenty of buyers driving the cost up beyond the fair value of the vehicle. Or are you saying you routinely see BMW's being sold under their "fair value" ?

Don't confuse fair value and perceived value.
I think you may be missing the point of if the buyer doesn't agree with the price, there is no deal. (irregardless of how the price was determined)
__________________
n3985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Apexeon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: China
Posts: 114
My Ride: drthrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3985 View Post
I think you may be missing the point of if the buyer doesn't agree with the price, there is no deal. (irregardless of how the price was determined)
There isn't just 1 buyer in the world. Just because 1 buyer is unwilling, doesn't mean someone else isn't willing.

Also irregardless isn't a word.

Last edited by Apexeon; 06-11-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Apexeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
n3985
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 441
My Ride: E92 soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexeon View Post
There isn't just 1 buyer in the world. Just because 1 buyer is unwilling, doesn't mean someone else isn't willing.

Also irregardless isn't a word.
Out of respect for the OP and not wanting to derail his thread anymore I'll stop.

You win, happy? Also congrats on your superior grammar/vocabulary
__________________
n3985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #13
enzo 240
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 16
My Ride: ///M3 Vert
Thanks guys. Yes i know there's an ass for every seat no matter what the price. I just wanted to get a good number to start with. I buy and sell cars all the time but like I said I've seen 01 m3s with 150k on the dial, stock, and they're asking $19,000 and some sites (KBB) saying 9-10k, so i was trying to get a good figure. Thanks again
enzo 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
Alan
Registered User
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,283
My Ride: 2006 M3
You'll get 10K. 11k if you are fortunate and have all of the maintenance records from the beginning and its been well-maintained, interior strong etc..
__________________


Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
Navybluem3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4
My Ride: 02 m3
Arrow

hope you get an asking price you are content with, let us know when you sell it, i'm trying to gather 20 comp sales, for this year to his real actual cash trading prices. thanks.
Navybluem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #16
Navybluem3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4
My Ride: 02 m3
Arrow

hope you get an asking price you are content with, let us know when you sell it, i'm trying to gather 20 comp sales, for this year to his real actual cash trading prices. thanks.
Navybluem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use