E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
luke@maximumpsi
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 750hp E36 NickG Tune
Maximum Psi Turbo E46 M3 - Bimmerfest and Mfest Recap

Hey Guys,

Mike and I finally got back to New Jersey after an awesome trip out the California and Las Vegas. Man was it hard to come back after enjoying the Cali weather and atmosphere. Mike and I probably drank our weight in beer at few places in the Santa Monica/Venice area.

I just wanted to take an opportunity to recap our trip. We used the shop Turbo M3 as transportation throughout the week and a half, used it as a part and display hauler, took it two a couple shops for ride alongs and dyno rips, took it to a road course and raced it, let Mike Essa drift the car, drove it from LA to Las Vegas, and drag raced it at Mfest with ZERO issues. All in all, I can say we have made a very reliable set up.

First off, after a trip to Attco drag strip in New Jersey, Mike loaded the car up with spare parts (diff, drag tires, axles, and drive shaft), shirts, hats, a full turbo kit for, and a bunch of other stuff at 10PM Friday night. We shipped the car the following morning to our offical West Coast Installer of the kit, Castro Motorsport in North Hollywood.

I would like to take a moment to really thank those guys as Castro Motorsport. They allowed us to use their shop as "home base" while we were out there. This trip would not of been possible without their help.

Mike and I flew out and picked the car up the Friday night before the event, and got ready for Bimmerfest West.

In the morning Mike and I rolled up to Bimmerfest West in the shop Turbo E46 M3 like a bunch of Gypsies. We unloaded the car and got the display set up. Mike and I talked to many enthusiasts throughout the event. All in all I was very happy with the outcome. The event was very well organized and it drew many people that were interested in our product.

The next day we rolled over to Castro Motorsport for a Dyno Day and Ride along event. This was a blast. We threw the car on the dyno for some pulls, then took around 30 people on a rides in the car to really experience the kit. You really grow an appreciation for the car when you actually sit inside it and feel it hit boost. It is so awesome. The car got thrashed on, and as usual, performed perfectly even in the high heat!

The next day, Mike and I drove the car all over Southern California cleaning out the area of MS109. After that, we headed over to EAS's shop to talk about the kit and give those guys some ride alongs. They asked us to throw the car on the dyno, and we were happy to oblige!
It was very nice meeting the guys as EAS. They have a very clean and professional shop!

The following day we drove the car to Willow Springs Raceway for a track rental. Mike drove the car on the Streets circuit, we let a professional driver take it for a spin on the circuit, and we also let Mike Essa beat up the tires on the skid pad for a little bit. We told Essa to take it easy as we needed the tires for the rest of the trip! Both the professional driver and Essa were impressed with the car. With some suspension and cooling work, this thing would be a MONSTER on the circuit!!

After a day or so of relaxation, Mike and I joined up with the Mfest LA caravan. At this point, we pick up a support rental vehicle to help haul all the goodies. Unfortunately, I was stuck driving around in the beater rental car while Mikey got to Drive around in the Turbo E46 M3. Mike picked up one of the Camera guys that was filming the event, so Mike got to be the official rolling shot camera car. I lost the caravan in my POS after about 20 miles.

Once we checked in the hotel, Mike and I got the car Drag ready by swapping out the tires.

Then we headed out the the drag strip for a few passes. We were a little disappointed with both the times and the event. We were told that the drag night was an Mfest only event starting at 6pm with a social event at 10pm. Well, the event didn't start untill 9 pm, and it was a typical Saturday Night Madness event with a lot of locals coming out. Many people came out at 6pm only to leave in order to attend the social event. Needless to say, the crowd was a little smaller than anticipated. We were agitated as this was the main reason we paid vendor dues and came to Mfest. Anyhow, we ran the car a bunch and had a lot of fun. The best time of the event was 11.08 at 130 ish. We ended up walking away with the best time of the event!

The following day was the Mfest Meet. Again, we showed up like a bunch of gypsies and unloaded the tent and kit. This event was a lot of fun. We answered a bunch of questions and sold a lot of raffle tickets. The winner for the raffle ended up spending $100 buck for the raffle tickets, and won a $10,300 kit!! He has a beautiful LSB E46 M3 that will look great with our kit! We were very excited for him. At the end of the event, we packaged up the kit and threw it in his trunk and he drove off in the distance...

The car just rolled off the transport from Las Vegas. Mike and I just took it out for lunch and beat the crap out of it on the way there and the way back.

It was so awesome to meet everyone at the events. We will be back next year hopefully with some more products to showcase!!
luke@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Sweed

My Ride: 07 6.0L / 04 M3
Nice Work, the kit looks great.

Also an 11.08 is an amazing time, congrats and keep it up.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Nice Work, the kit looks great.

Also an 11.08 is an amazing time, congrats and keep it up.
Thanks! We've run several 10.8's so far. More to come soon!
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events!
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
Max PSI doing it right! Keep it up fellas
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | WTB: Black Birch! |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
TTFS IAT Kit
TTFS Alpha N
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #5
nek0

My Ride: e85 turbo m3
looks like you guys had a ball...was this 1/4 time with ms109 or pump gas? and did this have the build engine in the car?
nek0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #6
MarcusLSB

My Ride: X5, CT200h, CLK63 BS
Pleasure meeting you guys, had a great time at Bimmerfest!
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Impressive job guys! I would be worried putting a stock m3 through those paces, let alone a turbo m3. Once again, your kit speaks for itself!

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
luke@maximumpsi
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 750hp E36 NickG Tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Pleasure meeting you guys, had a great time at Bimmerfest!
Good meeting you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
Impressive job guys! I would be worried putting a stock m3 through those paces, let alone a turbo m3. Once again, your kit speaks for itself!
The car definitely got beat on, but this is not out of the norm. We are headed to Atco again tonight!
luke@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
awesome work as expected. I cant wait to get my car back in 1 piece so I can come visit you guys
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
KINGAMR

My Ride: M3
Pleasure meeting you guys at bfest & Castro's. Impressive kit for sure!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
haha ''we rolled in like gypies''. love it! looks like you guys had a blast and the car is still taking a beating!
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote