E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #41
helphos

My Ride: BMW 325 xi
D&H parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by antong View Post
does the sport from d&h fit or needs extra work?
When you complete the transaction and have the D&H part on your car, you might want to go to this website and leave some positive feedback to counteract what you'll otherwise find there:
http://www.dnhautoparts.blogspot.com/

But, like they say, it's your money.
Who was the guy who said that there's always somebody who can make something a little cheaper and lower quality, and for people who only make decisions based on price, they're fair game for this kind of seller.

helphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #42
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by helphos View Post
I put the Umnitza Mtech II bumper on my 2004 XI. I had to buy new BMW brackets that were inexpensive, but the brake ducts were an expensive surprise. I had to cut away a plastic bracket where the wheel well meets the headlights, but the fit was good. I ordered it prepainted and the paint matched perfectly. Overall, an easy chore.
Here's the result:
o
[IMG]
New Bumper1 by helphos, on Flickr[/IMG]
I just ordered my MTech II bumper prepainted as well. It should be here in about 10 days or so... No more Greyhound... They deliver via Pilot now.

I am looking forward to installing it but am curious about the brackets that are needed as well as the brake ducting.

Can you please post part numbers or a diagram?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #43
Justinz

My Ride: 03 AW 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post
I just ordered my MTech II bumper prepainted as well. It should be here in about 10 days or so... No more Greyhound... They deliver via Pilot now.

I am looking forward to installing it but am curious about the brackets that are needed as well as the brake ducting.

Which site did you order from I cannot find a prepainted option on Umnitza.
Justinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #44
Big Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinz View Post
http://www.umnitza.com/e46-mtech-2-s...an-p-1132.html

You have to call them in person to request the paint.

$562 painted, with Zenon foglights and shipped to your door.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #45
Justinz

My Ride: 03 AW 325xi
Quote:

Oh really hmm, when it arrives tell us how the paint looks, most definitely hoping to get this then!
Justinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #46
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Located here:
http://www.umnitza.com/prepainted-bu...ls-p-6206.html

Quote:

We do use GPX for non-painted bumpers, but the added cost difference is not worth the risk with GPX, so Pilot freight is the way to go.

Quote:

Quote:
Oh really hmm, when it arrives tell us how the paint looks, most definitely hoping to get this then!
Well, the good news is we dropped the lower quality low price leader from 2 months ago. Now the quality of the paint is even better and faster!

The current quality of paint is done in a $50K paint booth next to $20+K paint jobs so you don't have to worry.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #47
Big Rick

Tim... I am SOOOOOO looking forward to getting the bumper! You have no idea... I've been wanting to do this for years.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #48
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
get the bumper primed because it might needs a little adjustment in the install so it won't scratch your paint, get a bumper bracket and you may opt not to install the ducts, its just optional.
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #49
Big Rick

Cool! Good to hear. I'll be picking up the brackets next week. I will forgo the ducts...
Old 06-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #50
Benny Minn

My Ride: 2004 325xiT
I just got mine. Here's my initial report:
The paint job looks good, but they screwed up the rest of the order. Umnitza sent me a european license plate holder (US plate won't screw on to it) and forgot to send me the fog lights. Thy also sent it via Pilot freight instead of Greyhound like I requested, though I can't tell if I was charged more for it or not. I will have to call on Monday to straighten things out. There's no packing list to refer to for verification. The fitment of the main mesh grill is also a little off. And the gap between the new bumper cover and the headlight trim is bigger than I expected even when I adjust the brackets all the way up. I can see that Helphos has the same problem. Perhaps I can try a smaller washer or something. I wish these new bumpers would click into the sides like my stock bumper cover did.

Last edited by Benny Minn; 06-22-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Benny Minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #51
Big Rick

Benny... Did you get the correct stuff? Mine should be here on Wednesday. Not having the fog lights is a b1tch! Umnitza took about a week longer to paint than I though... I hope it is worth it.

I sure hope I don't end up with the European tag stuff. I'll be pissed.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #52
Sammy325xi

My Ride: 05 325xi Dark Green
m tech ii bumper

How much umnitza has the whole bumper plus fog lights for $204.00 how much will it cost me to get this upgrade I have the XI model!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Sammy325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #53
Big Rick

See post #44...
Old 06-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #54
Benny Minn

No, Big Rick, I haven't received the rest of the order yet. It hasn't been two weeks yet, which is the timeframe I was given. Their painter does a good job...I would say that's worth the wait. Let us know which plate insert you get.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #55
Big Rick

Can you use the trim off of your old bumper to make it work?

Also... I bought the side brackets... Is it obvious where they go?

I was kind of hoping that the new bumper would snap into the sides like what you were saying... They don't?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #56
Benny Minn

Quote:
Can you use the trim off of your old bumper to make it work?
Nope.

Quote:
Also... I bought the side brackets... Is it obvious where they go?
Yup.

Quote:
I was kind of hoping that the new bumper would snap into the sides like what you were saying... They don't?
Nope. Plus, you have to cut/tear off the bracket that it would snap into on the fender.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #57
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
sh*t thats cheap...I paid $250 just for the paint job....wonder the quality of the work though
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #58
Big Rick

You have to tear/cut it off of the car, correct? Not the bumper?

I thought the trim was the same on both bumpers... Can you use the straight trim and use the tow hook as the tag mount... Or mount it in the grill as I have seen???
Old 07-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #59
Big Rick

Okay... I just got in my bumper... No fog light housings were in the box. Apparently they were on backorder and just came in... They should be here Friday. They say the fog lights mount from the outside and that I can go ahead and wire everything up and I can plug them in when I get the housings.

The trim is for European tags. However... It looks like the trim from my old bumper will work as the side pieces I pulled off look the same... Just scratched and older! I didn't pull off the actual tag trim to try yet though.

The paintwork is a close match... I'll know tomorrow when I mount it. The paintwork itself is actually surprisingly good!

Right now I have the bumper out in my foyer looking at how the side brackets could possibly connect to the bumper. I just don't see it... But then it may all become obvious tomorrow when I mount it.

The UPS man just delivered my Eibach springs and I have my Koni Sport Shocks on the way too... They should be here Saturday. The rest of the parts should be here early next week. I can hardly wait for this transformation!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #60
Big Rick

Okay... I am mounting everything and it seems fairly common-sense until I got to the fog lights. I got the HID type. The connector from the car looks like the pins are supposed to be a little closer together that what it plugs into. Who here has mounted these and what did you do?

EDIT: Also... I thought I was going to luck out and have the scoops line up... But they don't. However... I do have the fenderwells that the scoops go through to cool the brakes. I am assuming if I buy the scoop kit... Everything will line up?

Last edited by Big Rick; 07-04-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Big Rick is offline   Reply With Quote