E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Tu MaDRe

My Ride: 3 series
ANY HELP out there?

P1250 fuel pressure regulator
p1510 idle control valve
p101 MAF sensor
Can I just cleaned the sh*t outta of these 3 individual(s)?
If so, what are some solutions??
--
P300
p303
p305
p306
I don't wanna replace my coil packs or even go buy a new used computer, then visit a dealer to flash the computer
but if it's that time to touch my coil packs? I can work with that lol but I'll changed my plugs for now.
--
p1188
p1189

====
8/29
REPLACED
Fuel Filter & Fuel Pressure Regulator

All I see is P1188, P1189, P300 thru P306 & sometimes P0101 or P101 on the scanner now

But what should I replaced now?
idle control valve..
MAF sensor
all 6 coil packs

Plugs will be my next purchased

Last edited by Tu MaDRe; 08-29-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Tu MaDRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Tu MaDRe

66 views, think I made this thread for nothing when I guess I have all my answers :/
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Adionik

My Ride: Bavarian Panzer
I would clean the icv and map for starters, fpr is built into the $45 fuel filter.

Sell it and buy a civic once you've fixed it
Adionik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
iRide113

My Ride: 2004 325i
You don't deserve to have a car, let alone a BMW if you thought treating it like that wouldn't result in something bad.

Last edited by iRide113; 05-21-2013 at 07:08 PM.
iRide113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Keep calm and start simple. If you post what the codes mean perhaps one of our resident experts will be able to help you quickly.

If not, then we all have to look up the codes and it will take a lot longer.

We r here to help so don't give up!

-Dan.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
lszlszx

My Ride: 328i, XC70
Buy MAF cleaner to clean the MAF sensor and carb cleaner for the ICV.
Your throttle body probably needs cleaning as well, so you should get
TB cleaner to do that.
You'll have to remove the TB to do a good job cleaning it.
Also, order a new TB O-ring for the re-install.

On your car the fuel pressure regulator is seperate
from the fuel filter, but I wouldn't worry about that right now.

When you are working in the intake area, you'll be able to check for vacuum leaks,
intake boots, vacuum hoses, etc.
Once you're done, clear all the codes and see what comes back.

Last edited by lszlszx; 05-21-2013 at 08:23 PM.
lszlszx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
DarkSyde330ci

My Ride: COUPE
We don't understand your post, try using proper grammar if you want help.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
Tu MaDRe

hey, so I'm back at my car again after doing a lil bit of browsing around. I came across this video & I did everything correctly. So when I turned the car over, it started idling funny then cutting out & died. I repeated this 3 times so now the car wont even turn over or start at all and it just keeps making a click sound. So I went back to scanner, clear the codes, nothing came back. Now the car still won't start. I also forgot to mention a code.. When these are my codes P1250, P0300, P0303, P1510, P0304, P0306, p101, P0308, P1188, P1189, & P0101

Last edited by Tu MaDRe; 05-28-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
This may seem a strange question, but how old is your battery? There should be some kind of date stamp on it. You've got some strange, somewhat unrelated codes, which would make me check the battery health before spending a lot of money on parts. If your battery is less than 5 years old, check the voltage using this link: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...80&postcount=2

9.0 is the battery voltage code. If your voltage is low, time for a new battery. If the battery is good, check your alternator, then the final stage resistor. Make sure your electrical system is up to snuff before looking at the mechanical parts. GL.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #10
Tu MaDRe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish317 View Post
This may seem a strange question, but how old is your battery? There should be some kind of date stamp on it. You've got some strange, somewhat unrelated codes, which would make me check the battery health before spending a lot of money on parts. If your battery is less than 5 years old, check the voltage using this link: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...80&postcount=2

9.0 is the battery voltage code. If your voltage is low, time for a new battery. If the battery is good, check your alternator, then the final stage resistor. Make sure your electrical system is up to snuff before looking at the mechanical parts. GL.
I got the car in 11/10/12 around 169xxx. I never did the plugs

I know a lot of people on here are just going to criticize me for my troubles.

Last couple of months now I've been using nothing but 87 pump gas (rarely an Arco if their isn't a chevron insight). Ran out of gas a couple of times (maybe 4 times or a handful) while using 87. So before the car stopped running while runnin roughly is when I got word Nd started to stick with 91. My first oil changed was MOBILE 1 or Castro but I always wonder why the spare quart in the trunk from the past owner when I was never told about the oil or fuel type when I asked about all kinds questions when I bought car but not the correct fuel & oil. I did a 2nd oil change with royal purple, since it seems to run better before it completely stopped running.

But I'm going to run this scanner again later on today for my Sunday since I got a day off and been using another commuter.

For sure I'm going to order a fuel pressure regulator
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-323...tor/ES2575614/
-from autohausaz.com or maybe everything from ECS TUNING.

Fuel filter, maybe I'll go with genuine BMW or another brand

All 6 Plugs, form the local auto zone

I will also checked on the battery & alternator but I remember past owner said he replaced the battery & said it was new.

Any advice is so much appreciated!

Last edited by Tu MaDRe; 07-10-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #11
VishTheFish

My Ride: Ex M54B30 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu MaDRe View Post
I got the car in 11/10/12 around 169xxx. I never did the plugs when my oldman kinda lied & played me (long story) when I hate pushin off my car to my pops when he insist we're I always find out the truth with the money I give, days later..(my oldman hold grudges we're it's a long story). Turns out my plugs we're never changed when I heard & thought they were, right after I bought the car.

I know a lot of people on here are just going to criticize me for my troubles.

Last couple of months now I've been using nothing but 87 pump gas (rarely an Arco if their isn't a chevron insight). Ran out of gas a couple of times (maybe 4 times or a handful) while using 87. So before the car stopped running while runnin roughly is when I got word Nd started to stick with 91. My first oil changed was MOBILE 1 or Castro but I always wonder why the spare quart in the trunk from the past owner when I was never told about the oil or fuel type when I asked about all kinds questions when I bought car but not the correct fuel & oil. I did a 2nd oil change with royal purple, since it seems to run better before it completely stopped running.

But I'm going to run this scanner again later on today for my Sunday since I got a day off and been using another commuter.

For sure I'm going to order a fuel pressure regulator
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-323...tor/ES2575614/
-from autohausaz.com or maybe everything from ECS TUNING.

Fuel filter, maybe I'll go with genuine BMW or another brand

All 6 Plugs, form the local auto zone

I will also checked on the battery & alternator but I remember past owner said he replaced the battery & said it was new.

Any advice is so much appreciated!
For oil it doesn't really matter what BRAND you use just make sure its BMW LL-01 approved. Many use and encourage others to use the BMW dealer branded Castrol oil because it is spec for our car and USUALLY the cheapest option. It's always a good idea to keep a spare bottle of oil in your trunk along with some other fluids in case of emergency.

Also you should never be running out of fuel, let alone 4 times in such a short span. You don't want the crap at the bottom of your fuel tank getting sent through your fuel system.

Sounds like your car needs a good tune up to make up for some poor choices and neglect. Given all your codes i'd test your battery with a multimeter and see if it even holds enough charge to crank the engine- a good battery should read near 12.5V. Sometimes a bad battery can just cause a ton of havoc in our cars.

Finally- we're = we are. Not were.
VishTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
shanneba

My Ride: 2003 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adionik View Post
I would clean the icv and map for starters, fpr is built into the $45 fuel filter.

Sell it and buy a civic once you've fixed it
The 323 has a separate fuel pressure regulator, it is not in the filter.
shanneba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
Yewzer B Lewzer

ANY HELP out there?

Quote:
Ran out of gas a couple of times (maybe 4 times or a handful):
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this can overheat and kill fuel pumps...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

'03 325i. '74 Jeep CJ-5. '93 Sailfish 170XL. '12 Westside SS Longboard. One of these four are sure to be running at any given point in time.
Yewzer B Lewzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
Yewzer B Lewzer

ANY HELP out there?

Quote:
66 views, think I made this thread for nothing when I guess I have all my answers :/
Also, regarding this statement I think number 13 on this link may help.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=983288

'03 325i. '74 Jeep CJ-5. '93 Sailfish 170XL. '12 Westside SS Longboard. One of these four are sure to be running at any given point in time.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #15
Adionik

My Ride: Bavarian Panzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yewzer B Lewzer View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this can overheat and kill fuel pumps...

Gas aids in cooling the pump but it won't kill it. Are you kidding me? I've ran my S2000 dry a million times. There isn't any "junk" in the tank usually. That's what a fuel filter is for anyway. I've dropped plenty of tanks and never seen debris inside.
Adionik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
DarkSyde330ci

My Ride: COUPE
Running a pump dry WILL in fact kill it, your s2000 is just getting lucky.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #17
gsbmw

My Ride: 2000 323i
I have a 2000 323i also and got a lot of similar codes, including P1188, P1189, P1250 and others (although you have even more than I did).

In my case, it was simply a broken oil return hose (from the cvv (oil separator) to the dipstick tube). It is definitely worth a quick check.
This post has pictures on how to locate it:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=773551

Also, as someone mentioned, you probably need to clean your ICV, as soot buildup (especially from cheap and <91 gasoline) over time prevents the valve from working freely (my car has had this problem). BMW recommends that top tier gasoline be used. See http://www.toptiergas.com Click on the "Retailers" tab on that site to get a list of companies that are top tier (Chevron is top tier, but ARCO is not).
gsbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #18
willsbma

My Ride: 99 323i
I'm gonna guess you have a large or many small vacuum leaks. I would spray a little car cleaner around the engine bay while at idle and see if it revs up. Others may scream no and say only let a qualified repair shop perform a smoke test but w.e. its worked for me before. After you repair your leaks then I would clear codes and see if anything comes back. You may have a bunch of problems so eliminate them from cheapest to most expensive. Report back with what you find, lots of quality help around here.

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
willsbma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
Yewzer B Lewzer

ANY HELP out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbmw View Post
I have a 2000 323i also and got a lot of similar codes, including P1188, P1189, P1250 and others (although you have even more than I did).

In my case, it was simply a broken oil return hose (from the cvv (oil separator) to the dipstick tube). It is definitely worth a quick check.
This post has pictures on how to locate it:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=773551

Also, as someone mentioned, you probably need to clean your ICV, as soot buildup (especially from cheap and <91 gasoline) over time prevents the valve from working freely (my car has had this problem). BMW recommends that top tier gasoline be used. See http://www.toptiergas.com Click on the "Retailers" tab on that site to get a list of companies that are top tier (Chevron is top tier, but ARCO is not).
You see, the problem we have here is the OP came on here, got some good advice, then vanished without an acknowledgement of anything or anyone. So... Nice of you to try to help but no telling what happened. Upsets me when people do that... Makes me want to crawl into the corner and cry. (No really it makes me indifferent to helping noobs)

Old 06-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #20
willsbma

My Ride: 99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yewzer B Lewzer View Post
You see, the problem we have here is the OP came on here, got some good advice, then vanished without an acknowledgement of anything or anyone. So... Nice of you to try to help but no telling what happened. Upsets me when people do that... Makes me want to crawl into the corner and cry. (No really it makes me indifferent to helping noobs)

I was a noob once, still am with certain things. I don't mind helping, never know someones situation ya know?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
willsbma is offline   Reply With Quote