E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Darrell Issa Furious After Dem Releases IRS Transcript That Exposes His Investigation

http://www.seattlepi.com/technology/...RS-4608074.php

Quote:
Brett LoGiurato, provided by
Published 1:34 pm, Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Democrats have posted the key portion of the transcript here, in which the manager says he initially was made aware of a case involving a Tea Party group when an agent "asked for guidance." He agreed with the agent that there "wasn't enough information" to determine whether the group should have a tax-exempt status, and said he elevated the issue to his "area manager."

The manager also said an official in the exempt organizations division in Washington was "pleased with the decision to elevate this case," but suggested there wasn't a political role in the targeting.

"I do not believe that the screening of these cases had anything to do other than consistency and identifying issues that needed to have further development," the manager said.

He also told the Oversight Committee that he believed no one from the White House was involved in the IRS' screening of Tea Party groups.

From Page 141 of the transcripts:

The release of the transcripts came after two weeks of back-and-forth squabbling between Cummings and Oversight Committee Chair Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who Cummings accused of selectively releasing portions of the transcripts.

Cummings called on Issa to release the entire transcripts, which Issa said would harm the investigation. Cummings asked him for specific reasons, and demanded he respond by Monday. When Issa didn't respond, Cummings released the entirety of the transcripts.

Issa's office also did not respond to requests from multiple media outlets — including this one — that asked whether he would eventually release full transcripts.

"I believe releasing this transcript serves the best interest of Congress and the American people by ensuring that there is an accurate and fair picture of the management challenges facing the IRS and that recommendations for legislative reform are appropriately crafted to address the specific problems identified as a result of our oversight efforts," Cummings said in a statement along with the release of the transcripts.

Issa immediately decried the release of the transcripts, saying he was "deeply disappointed" at Cummings' decision. He said their release would encourage IRS officials to "navigate investigative interviews" with Congress.

"After unsuccessfully trying to convince the American people that IRS officials in Washington did not play a role in inappropriate scrutiny of Tea Party groups and declaring on national television that the case of IRS targeting was ‘solved’ and Congress should ‘move on,’ this looks like flailing," Issa said. "Americans who think Congress should investigate IRS misconduct should be outraged by Mr. Cummings’ efforts to obstruct needed oversight."

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Darrell Issa Furious After Dem Releases IRS Transcript That Exposes His Investi

Well thank gawd for the Boxcar Kids.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by zander271; 06-19-2013 at 04:26 AM.
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
sensationalist headline yet again, are you paid by the thread?

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
how else do you think he affords an M3.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
bagher

My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Quote:
the truth hurts, the republicans once again exposed by their lies and drumming up scandal mongering

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...irs-targeting/
Old 06-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
phrozen06

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
how else do you think he affords an M3.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

Last edited by phrozen06; 06-19-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
OP - offer some input rather than just posting articles.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
phrozen06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
OP - offer some input rather than just posting articles.
Issa created a witch hunt when he should've been creating jobs.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #9
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Issa created a witch hunt when he should've been creating jobs.
The (incredibly politically biased) IRS voluntarily started this scandal themselves, don't distort reality kid. Also, government doesn't create jobs.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

Last edited by Act of God; 06-19-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #10
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
The (incredibly politically biased) IRS voluntarily started this scandal themselves, don't distort reality kid. Also, government doesn't create jobs.
That very broad statement is incorrect.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
Act of God

Hey let's criticize Issa for releasing snippets of testimony...by releasing snippets of testimony

good grief

And no, government doesn't create jobs (outside of government). No government can wave a magic wand and make the public sector come alive, unless that magic wand reduces government

Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #12
badfast

Quote:
Hey let's criticize Issa for releasing snippets of testimony...by releasing snippets of testimony

good grief

And no, government doesn't create jobs (outside of government). No government can wave a magic wand and make the public sector come alive, unless that magic wand reduces government
No magic wand required, but they do create jobs. They have a heavy hand in economic policy. Governments also build successful institutions, and infrastructure as well as ensure property rights which are important to economic development. Believing that governments don't create jobs is akin to believing in Cinderella. All fairy tales.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #13
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
No magic wand required, but they do create jobs. They have a heavy hand in economic policy. Governments also build successful institutions, and infrastructure as well as ensure property rights which are important to economic development. Believing that governments don't create jobs is akin to believing in Cinderella. All fairy tales.
So the democrats had a super majority and did.....

exactly

The last thing you want is a crop of retards (aka politicians) tinkering with an organic system like an economy trying to coax an outcome. It ALWAYS blows up in their face.

Last edited by Act of God; 06-19-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
badfast

Quote:
So the democrats had a super majority and did.....

exactly

The last thing you want is a crop of retards (aka politicians) tinkering with an organic system like an economy trying to coax an outcome. It ALWAYS blows up in their face.
What do democrats have to do with your original statement regarding governments don't create jobs?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #15
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
What do democrats have to do with your original statement regarding governments don't create jobs?
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
phrozen06

Quote:
That's what the Tea Party/GOP ran on during the 2010 midterms.

Last edited by phrozen06; 06-19-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #17
Act of God

Quote:
if they could have, they would have.

get it?

Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #18
badfast

Quote:

get it?
No I don't. You didn't say democrats do not create jobs. You implied government (the entity) doesn't create jobs. That claim is inherently inaccurate. Perhaps if you implied strictly the democrats you should state that and from that point there may exist an argument to your claim. Regardless if appeared the claim is typically AoG. There is always an attempt at the misdirection and trying to steer the topic to something else. Continue on.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
phrozen06

Quote:

get it?
say what you mean and mean what you say.......................get it?

They can but they won't.

Last edited by phrozen06; 06-19-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
say what you mean and mean what you say.......................get it?

They can but they won't.
They can't, government can't. They can say, but they cannot do. Trust me, if they could they would.